CDPR: Free DLC early 2021

+
Probably some new skins for the character, a set of themed gear you sell or disassemble after two levelups, and a new personal vehicle that doesn’t differ from the others as far as gameplay goes, or something like that.

You can leave all the clothes in the apartment there and don't pick em up till you're high level, as they scale. Also the others in the clothing racks level and spawn duplicates if you leave em there.

Since I do enjoy the game (still) :) I hope for some nice surprises and just things that make the game world feel more alive.
Also I do hope, that the teams working on bug fixing are not the same as those that work on new content :D.

Cheers :)

Highly doubtful. I don't have any clue why this was done to them on the holidays. However, i know marketing is busy, and that's all this represents from now on, marketing, and fans that will defend them no matter what. Not getting my hopes up, at all.

Instead of releasing free DLC CDPR needs to focus on the problems that are facing right now and fix the damn game

Based on what can you make this statement?
They released how many patches between launch and Christmas?

Or are you angry about your programming slaves not working over Christmas days?

Guys ... calm down.

This is a great game for which Marketing created wrong expectations. Be angry on Marketing, learn that every Marketing of every company for every product is always lying and enjoy the still great game.

Regards

Based on what can you make this statement?
They released how many patches between launch and Christmas?

Or are you angry about your programming slaves not working over Christmas days?

Guys ... calm down.

This is a great game for which Marketing created wrong expectations. Be angry on Marketing, learn that every Marketing of every company for every product is always lying and enjoy the still great game.

Regards

I think you missed that users point, whether respectfully or disrespectfully.

They can't run it, because, hold up here, it's broken.

I'm pissed at the situation most, the company entirely second, simply not upset at the dev teams themselves, they've been even exploited in allegations I'm reading, for almost a year here..

you have to understand that CDPR dev team is big, and not every single staff member is working on BUG FIXES, there are bug division and there is additional content division they work together.

True... lets just hope the new "content" does not end up to be the equivalent of pouring gasoline into a dumpster-fire... that would suck!

True... lets just hope the new "content" does not end up to be the equivalent of pouring gasoline into a dumpster-fire... that would suck!

People should lower their expectations though for those DLCS of early 2021. They're just following what they had planned and they obviously didn't expect such a backlash, especially concerning the content / lackof meaningful content (bugs / weird IA are another issue alltogether and won't be coming in DLCS but in patches as we've already got some of them, and I'm pretty sure AI isn't fully working as intended because it ranges from working okay to horrendous and bugged).
So chances are high it'll just be some cosmetics with just a bunch of gigs/NCPD things. Maybe one or two meaningful feature (New Game + or barber, because they've already done that in their other games) but nothing major to the point of giving new story branches (I doubt they'll ever change the flow of the main story - I think they'll just move on and provide branching storylines in their expansion packs), new romances, new meaningful side quests. I'm betting we won't see a major increase in content or options in those DLCs.

That will take way more time.

People should lower their expectations though for those DLCS of early 2021. They're just following what they had planned and they obviously didn't expect such a backlash, especially concerning the content / lackof meaningful content (bugs / weird IA are another issue alltogether and won't be coming in DLCS but in patches as we've already got some of them, and I'm pretty sure AI isn't fully working as intended because it ranges from working okay to horrendous and bugged).
So chances are high it'll just be some cosmetics with just a bunch of gigs/NCPD things. Maybe one or two meaningful feature (New Game + or barber, because they've already done that in their other games) but nothing major to the point of giving new story branches, new romances, new meaningful side quests. I'm betting we won't see a major increase in content or options in those DLCs.

That will take way more time.

"they obviously didn't expect such a backlash" true... they expected us to simply forget/ignore their extensive marketing wich they pushed right up to release... that is the worst part... the obvious distain CDPR seems to have for their customers... how else could you possibly assume that this game would be accepted as is? Not to mention the base console dumpster-fire... that is a whole other issue... an even worse one...

"they obviously didn't expect such a backlash" true... they expected us to simply forget/ignore their extensive marketing wich they pushed right up to release... that is the worst part... the obvious distain CDPR seems to have for their customers... how else could you possibly assume that this game would be accepted as is? Not to mention the base console dumpster-fire... that is a whole other issue... an even worse one...

I guess they didn't expect it because at its very core, the game is full of potential, and given how many bought the game and don't complain about it, it's a fun game overall with plenty of good things in it. People enjoying the game (I am by the way, I have tons of fun in it and I'm having a blast) aren't enjoying it just to piss off those who feel cheated. There are some really good ideas in it. And CDPR probably felt it too, and felt confident about it to a certain extent.

It's just frustrating because it could be so much more than what it is now. I blame all those years of hesitating in how the game should feel, what kind of game it should be... It took them so much developement time. In that matter, it's not far away from what we know happened to Anthem. Bioware spent years and years in pre-prod trying to find how the game should flow, and one day EA came knocking, said basically they wanted some money back for all those years of investment, and to stop going back and forth and to release the game as it is. Sounds pretty much like the same here. But CDPR brought it on themselves instead of a publisher. Foundations are solid though and the game is brilliant in some areas. It should just have been left in the oven for a longer period of time. The huge amount of bugs and console playability alone kind of prove it.

please guys, lower your expectations you gonna blame CDPR again and make threads "What the hell is this DLC ? just 2 costumes ?"
let's wait and be thankful for free goodies :)

I'm really hoping that they fix the game before and only after that will they release DLC content. And of course not a DLC like this:
Great news! As per community request on having real differences in lifepaths we have added a new lifepath which totally differs from the previous 3.

I guess they didn't expect it because at its very core, the game is full of potential, and given how many bought the game and don't complain about it, it's a fun game overall with plenty of good things in it. People enjoying the game (I am by the way, I have tons of fun in it and I'm having a blast) aren't enjoying it just to piss off those who feel cheated. There are some really good ideas in it. And CDPR probably felt it too, and felt confident about it to a certain extent.

It's just frustrating because it could be so much more than what it is now. I blame all those years of hesitating in how the game should feel, what kind of game it should be... It took them so much developement time. In that matter, it's not far away from what we know happened to Anthem. Bioware spent years and years in pre-prod trying to find how the game should flow, and one day EA came knocking, said basically they wanted some money back for all those years of investment, and to stop going back and forth and to release the game as it is. Sounds pretty much like the same here. Foundations are solid though and the game is brilliant in some areas. It should just have been left in the oven for a longer period of time. The huge amount of bugs and console playability alone kind of prove it.

THEY where ones who set these expectations... where the hell is the game featured in their own videos (wich are still up... can you believe it)?
"Work in progress - does not represent the final look of the game"... yea... no shit... why even show and brag about it when you end up stripping all of it... so the visuals improved? So what? I do not care one bit (the top 1% of gamers who can enjoy raytracing might)... i would have been fine with the visuals shown in 2018... i am not fine with all the stripped content and the barebones "RPG" approach! I wanted the deep, engaging and complex story driven open world RPG with decisions to be made in... you know, the one they bragged about, not some lazy mediocre looter shooter action adventure... how can ANYONE who looked at that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7_D1qlwOp0 think to them selves... o well there are clothes and cars and gangs and diners in the game so these trailers are not misleading at all... i can't even... nope... im done!

THEY where ones who set these expectations... where the hell is the game featured in their own videos (wich are still up... can you believe it)? o well there are clothes and cars and gangs and diners in the game so these trailers are not misleading at all... i can't even... nope... im done!

You forgot this one :

(sorry, I had to ^_^)

I don't wanna judge anyone but don't you think we should DESERVE a clear roadmap about implementations and features which are missing and broken and not dlcs ?????
Are they thinking of leaving everything as is ???

I don't wanna judge anyone but don't you think we should DESERVE a clear roadmap about implementations and features which are missing and broken and not dlcs ?????

It's winter holidays in Poland. The majority of people working at CDPR is probably not going back to work until 7/1/2021. So that's probably why we havent heard a peep. It would be a really bad idea for people higher up to promise things only to hear back from the programmers after the holidays that it cannot be done for example

Yeah, after this launch, I'm cool with a roadmap, but do you trust it right now?

Like seriously, who can trust it right now. I think they just need to internally focus, all efforts, and do so with or without one. but keep it realistic, if at all.

THEY where ones who set these expectations... where the hell is the game featured in their own videos (wich are still up... can you believe it)?
"Work in progress - does not represent the final look of the game"... yea... no shit... why even show and brag about it when you end up stripping all of it... so the visuals improved? So what? I do not care one bit (the top 1% of gamers who can enjoy raytracing might)... i would have been fine with the visuals shown in 2018... i am not fine with all the stripped content and the barebones "RPG" approach! I wanted the deep, engaging and complex story driven open world RPG with decisions to be made in... you know, the one they bragged about, not some lazy mediocre looter shooter action adventure... how can ANYONE who looked at that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7_D1qlwOp0 think to them selves... o well there are clothes and cars and gangs and diners in the game so these trailers are not misleading at all... i can't even... nope... im done!

Yes but this is not an Early Acess. They already have your money

Top Bottom