Update 2.1

+

Dominika

CD PROJEKT RED

Update 2.1 for Cyberpunk 2077 and Phantom Liberty is now live on Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, and PC!

List of changes is available here.

Last edited:
Download in progress (almost 54GB on Xbox^^), can't wait to play!
I'm a bit surprised Phantom Liberty didn't receive an update too (like is generally the case for additional content), I hope it won't be a problem. Knowing there were some issues the last time with the game which didn't recognize Phantom Liberty as installed. Fingers crossed everything will be fine :)

Some tips to have a clean installation of Cyberpunk 2077 2.1.

Make sure you have the latest drivers installed. Nvidia has made important fixes.

Install the latest drivers 546.29:

Game errors caused by mods

You may experience serious errors if you are playing with mods or starting from a saved game that had mods present.

Uninstall all your mods, don't leave any traces, if you're not sure, do a complete wipe of the game. I always opt for complete deletion and complete installation of the game.

Reporting errors to support

If you are using mods while seeing an error, it could be the mods fault, they are doing bad magic.

If you don't use mods and observe errors during the game after following these tips, please report the errors you are seeing to support.

There is a Phantom Liberty-specific section in the update log.
I'm on Xbox, so if no update pop up for Phantom Liberty, there is no update available :)
I'm just surprised, knowing it was (and still is, until today I hope) an issue on Xbox that the game didn't recognize Phantom Liberty as installed time to time and so, you were unable to load any of your save.

Cyberpunk 2077 2.1 feels and looks spectacular. Without a doubt it is a great advance in the quality of the game.

A small modification must be made to 2.1, so that this does not happen.

Now I can play bullfighting with the police

A solution: Having the police come after you as a crime for screwing them over would be the best option when you do this kind of thing to them.

Download in progress (almost 54GB on Xbox^^), can't wait to play!
I'm a bit surprised Phantom Liberty didn't receive an update too (like is generally the case for additional content), I hope it won't be a problem. Knowing there were some issues the last time with the game which didn't recognize Phantom Liberty as installed. Fingers crossed everything will be fine :)
I'm installing on Series X now, I had an (approx) 50GB update for the base game and 20GB update for PL.

There is a bug in the quest "I really want to stay at your house". issue is character waking up naked and not automatically putting on their clothes.

i encountered the bug by having Judy over and going to my bed in megabuilding H10 when i woke up and left the area my player was naked. Funny bug NGL.

Anybody experiencing issues after this update? Going into map twice and then coming back means the game becomes slow, graphics are not loading properly, movement is jerky... I have AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM and RTX3080 and the game is installed on SSD, so I don't think I should experience performance issues. I have the latest NVIDIA driver as well. I tried to play around with graphics settings, it didn't help...

I'm installing on Series X now, I had an (approx) 50GB update for the base game and 20GB update for PL.
Ok, just check updates again and it pop up... PL update wasn't here when I posted ;)
(I was about to play, starting a brand new character and I guess I have to wait a bit, 29.5GB^^)

Ok, just check updates again and it pop up... PL update wasn't here when I posted ;)
(I was about to play, starting a brand new character and I guess I have to wait a bit, 29.5GB^^)
Yeah, mine popped up just as soon as the base game was finished updating, watched the download finish only to be told I needed another :giveup:

Greate update looks really good.
But i have one problem.
The Buzzsaw crafting spec is gone and got replaced by Guillotine. I had Guillotine as tier 3 and now i have it also as tier 5 ergo 2 times the same spec in two diffrent tiers…

and i am not able to buy or switch cyberware…

Last edited:
Tier 5+ still don't upgrade properly to Tier 5++ on Xbox Series X
Capacity Shards still don't drop on high level characters
I don't know if the patch isn't properly applied but it seems to me that every annoying bug I had before the update are still there.

What have you done, why is this constant message from Judy that shines as the main task, (!) this is mockery from the developers? And this is the type of last update? This is a beast, I don’t like it when there are unread messages and spam messages and you added them too … What about the mantis, why is the right blade missing when animating the weapon extraction?they still haven't fixed it. and the gorilla's hands, why when I'm in the fighting stance, they choose which red thermo, blue electro is needed and take a pistol, it's on a standard white one. why the sleeves are torn off on the non-training suit, up to the shoulders.up to the shoulders. why in the Ukrainian localization translated the gangs and terms, Maltstrom became вихор (Whirlwind) and Mox Шибайки (Shibayki)? This is just mockery no one gang would call themselves that, because it is not a pleasant name.

why can’t I use Kereznikov with katanas, stupid

why cut out the details in update 2.0,

is this the last update, a bunch of visual bugs that are still not fixed

why is there still no Ukrainian language forum, we all know English

Last edited:
Wanted to add that controls are bugged now with 2.1 I use classic input method with a Series X controller. You cannot dodge now with a double tap correctly. You will dodge, but remain in a crouch. I switched to alternative, and it has a dedicated dodge key and no issues. Please fix this because I suck with the keyboard.

Aside from NG+ that I know will never happen, there is one small thing I would like added at some point: the ability to play pool. There's pool tables all over night city, and it would be nice to play and even bet money on them as a nice little time killer between missions.

Top Bottom