Update 2.1

+
Please I hope they fix the keybinding/mouse issue, game is unplayable! how can they not catch this? it's unreal they have this amount of game breaking bugs post update 2.1. Been supportive of this game since launch, and now that they barely built reputation back I cannot believe this shit is happening again. Are they just gonna let this shit slide and hope enough players not talk about it. Game is hella bugged and I'm not the only one that has this keybind dilemma. Pretty obnoxious to release the update just so you can sell it with Ultimate Edition, it's obvious that's why they launched it, did they not test it? cause I cannot fathom how they wouldn't catch these bugs. Really disappointed they would pull this shit again. And no I'm not "hating" on CDPR but the longer these bugs go on unnoticed and unaddressed the angrier it makes me, I just wanna play!

Please I hope they fix the keybinding/mouse issue, game is unplayable! how can they not catch this? it's unreal they have this amount of game breaking bugs post update 2.1. Been supportive of this game since launch, and now that they barely built reputation back I cannot believe this shit is happening again. Are they just gonna let this shit slide and hope enough players not talk about it. Game is hella bugged and I'm not the only one that has this keybind dilemma. Pretty obnoxious to release the update just so you can sell it with Ultimate Edition, it's obvious that's why they launched it, did they not test it? cause I cannot fathom how they wouldn't catch these bugs. Really disappointed they would pull this shit again. And no I'm not "hating" on CDPR but the longer these bugs go on unnoticed and unaddressed the angrier it makes me, I just wanna play!

-Try removing the UserSettings.JSON file in: Users-Your Username-Appdata-Local-CD Projekt Red-Cyberpunk 2077 folder - letting the game create completely new one and see if that helps, otherwise the bindings don´t get updated properly and it´s a mess.

-Additionally, install the newest GPU drivers and make sure to use DDU in safe mode when uninstalling the previous drivers.

-Verify the game´s files and if that doesn´t help, try doing completely clean install following these instructions: How do I perform a clean install of the game? — Cyberpunk 2077 | Technical Support — CD PROJEKT RED

Last edited:
-Try removing the UserSettings.JSON file in: Users-Your Username-Appdata-Local-CD Projekt Red-Cyberpunk 2077 folder - letting the game create completely new one and see if that helps, otherwise the bindings don´t get updated properly and it´s a mess.

-Additionally, install the newest GPU drivers and make sure to use DDU in safe mode when uninstalling the previous drivers.

-Verify the game´s files and if that doesn´t help, try doing completely clean install following these instructions: How do I perform a clean install of the game? — Cyberpunk 2077 | Technical Support — CD PROJEKT RED
We've done all that, many users report the same. None of the solutions work and we're just going in circles with this. I contacted GN support and they give same lame solutions to try (even turning off HDD mode which I don't see how could that affect syncing of user data files).

It must be a bug on their end instead of with us. I've even deleted everything, including the json and savegame files, every Cyberpunk or RedEngine folder, updated the drivers, then downloaded the game again and reinstalled Geforce Now. Nothing works.

I get the user settings data corrupted error on Geforce Now on everything, through the .exe application, playing through browser, or the GN android app. Playing the game through PC/Steam works fine and user data loads normally. I tried everything dozens of times but it always loses my key bindings and every graphics or gameplay setting. I can't change those things every single time I run the game.

Last edited:
Still no flashlight??
PL_flashlight.jpg

Oh but there is - no not mod. This is in vanilla game. Phantom Liberty.

However we got trolled, this flashlight is part of one mission. xD Can u imagine CDPR added this in to the game for users to have at any time?

I can - the forums would explode with even more whining and unhappy and down right angry and entitled players. complaining about how npcs dont react when you shine in their face like Alyx in ancient half-life 2 ep1 did, how it doesn't cast shadows, which DOOM3 had in 2003 and that enemies ignore the light and that FEAR had enemies reactiong to players light in 2005 shame on you CDPR, right?

I understand why it is only in this one mission. I absolutely get it. xD

As someone growing up with Half-Life, Deus Ex and FEAR, I found it beyond odd that there's no flashlight in the game... But then, Night City seems to have a very stable power grid and every hallway or cellar or sewer entrance is illuminated, except when Wakako sends you to find out what happened with her netrunner and you bump around in the dark room.

I bought this game in 2020 and only started playing after the new 2.1 update. This game was fast becoming one of my favorite games ever until I got to the end I a wished I never played it. All the endings were horrible and that's from my point of view. We live is a very stressful world and video games should be an escape, a happy place where you experience great games. I hated the depressing endings. I hope cdpr really considers a happy ending. Players should have both sad and happy endings to chose. Cdpr really butchered the ending of this game. Truly sad

I just saw a YouTube video, posted today, that talked about apparently upcoming patches/updates. I didn't watch it because such videos inevitably contain spoilers, or at least things I'd rather discover while playing the game, rather than YouTube commentary.

Anybody else heard about this?

I just saw a YouTube video, posted today, that talked about apparently upcoming patches/updates. I didn't watch it because such videos inevitably contain spoilers, or at least things I'd rather discover while playing the game, rather than YouTube commentary.

Anybody else heard about this?
Cant find such a vid - it’s unlikely that CDPR themselves would make such a vid and everything else are most likely just speculations. So what kind of spoilers are you talking about?

Hello!
Thanks for the great game and updates.
I was wondering, is update 2.1 coming to Xbox one S ? I couldn't find anything about this topic, I hope someone from CD project may shed some light on this matter.
Best!

I was wondering, is update 2.1 coming to Xbox one S ?
Nope, CDPR announced a while ago that 1.6 (1.61) was be the last major update on XB1/PS4. Maybe these consoles will receive an update but it will be likely only bug fixes.
There is absolutely no chance to see all the changes/features introduced by 2.0/2.1 update coming on old gen consoles.

Does anybody know if they started working this week after the new year´s or are they starting next week ? Did anybody get any replies from customer support- last one I got was before the christmas.

THANK YOU! Great Update and keep up the great work and I will keep buying (Maybe Another Expansion???)

Top Bottom