Not getting Quickhacks from Access Points

+
You could be getting quickhacks but they're the same as what you have or at a lower level, if you go to a retailer and buy/sell you could see a bunch of the same quickhacks listed in your inventory.

You could be getting quickhacks but they're the same as what you have or at a lower level, if you go to a retailer and buy/sell you could see a bunch of the same quickhacks listed in your inventory.
no I been testing today
I sold all my quick hacks and tried again getting access p. and I never get one this is crazy frustrating

I completed "The Gift". I had only done it recently while I was finishing up side missions. I already had a blue ping equipped so the green quest one never got equipped and wasn't in my inventory. I was also not getting ANY quickhacks from access points. I decided to delete all of my extra unused hacks and the blue ping. After exiting the inventory menu and then going back into it, then all of the sudden the green quest ping showed up as a new item, and this is way later. So, I re-loaded an old save... Level 29 instead of 34 so not too long ago but before I did "the gift". I still don't get squat from access points. Meanwhile I have a friend at level 30 who got his whole Deck legendary in one night. I don't get it. It CAN'T just be the ping hack from "The Gift". I have NEVER got any hack from a terminal by the way. Really sucks.

I completed "The Gift". I had only done it recently while I was finishing up side missions. I already had a blue ping equipped so the green quest one never got equipped and wasn't in my inventory. I was also not getting ANY quickhacks from access points. I decided to delete all of my extra unused hacks and the blue ping. After exiting the inventory menu and then going back into it, then all of the sudden the green quest ping showed up as a new item, and this is way later. So, I re-loaded an old save... Level 29 instead of 34 so not too long ago but before I did "the gift". I still don't get squat from access points. Meanwhile I have a friend at level 30 who got his whole Deck legendary in one night. I don't get it. It CAN'T just be the ping hack from "The Gift". I have NEVER got any hack from a terminal by the way. Really sucks.
wait so you actually didn't get quickhacks regardless of the GIFT quest?
at this point I am quitting the idea of being a netrunner and switching to a blade build till we hopefully can get a patch fix , this game is so fun but man this hurts the time invested
Post automatically merged:

can I please know what your friend has done to be able to get quickhacks ?has he messed with the GIFT quest ? or any other change that you could see from your character right now ?

did you try getting thE VIRTUOSO perk for getting the hacks ? without doing the gift quest to test , please?

I did al lot of testing during the last three days. I couldn't fix the issue, but I thought sharing my findings will help someone out further investigating the problem.

Since most people believed, that the Quest "The Gift" is the culprit - I laid my focus on reverting this quest and the "bugged" green Ping. But neither removing the "bugged" ping via Save-Editor or console or resetting the quest steps via console commands (including removing the journal entry of the finished quest and all related quest facts and finishing it again) does nothing to fix the issue. And on a side note: The "bugged" ping is always in your inventory - it just gets invisible when you have another ping quickhack in your inventory. When you sell all other ping quickhacks it gets shown again. But again, it does not seem to have any influence on the issue.

Since this was not successful, I tried to find out at which point during my playthrough the problem started. I have over 950 savegames in like 1-5 minute steps (yeah I know, but I play a lot of bethesda games - having a lot of savegames is like a good habit for me :)).
I had a savegame before and after "The Gift" Quest - in both instances getting quickhacks worked fine.
The basic testing methodology was:
- load savegame
- give my char enough attributes points + perk points to max out the hacking tree and get all skills in breach protocol (including datamine virtuoso)
- teleport to a known good location with 6 level 10 access points
- hack everything and check inventory to verify If I got any new quickhacks (including checking at a vendor)

As you might guess, this was pretty time consuming :p.
What I found out:
After like 300 savegames it just stopped working. I have 2 savegames 1 minute apart from each other, where I just walked a few steps further and had a fixer phone call informing me about a new quest - and that's it, nothing else was changed in the savegame. After this point - it does not matter which savegame I load, it just stopped working.

After a lot of testing it seems that there are some random points in the game where after you learned the perk "datamine virtuoso" at a certain time it will either work or it will not. The dependencies are unclear for me - and without proper testing tools it will be impossible for me to find the real underlying problem.
I even found out that in some of my earlier saves it does matter to learn the skills in the "right order". There I learned "datamine virtuoso" before completing the first perk in the tree where you can disabe cams (only had one of two points in there). And it didn't work - after reloading and learning the skill in another order it started working. I retested this 5 times and the outcome was always the same. But again it can still be coincidence.

What it boils down to: I have no clue under which conditions it stops working and when. It can be basically everything. But "The Gift" Quest or the "bugged" ping didn't make a difference for me. The problem arises a lot later in my playthrough seemingly random. I will also not testing further - I will just give me the quickhacks I need via console command and that's it. A shame that PS and XBOX players don't have that option.

I did al lot of testing during the last three days. I couldn't fix the issue, but I thought sharing my findings will help someone out further investigating the problem.

Since most people believed, that the Quest "The Gift" is the culprit - I laid my focus on reverting this quest and the "bugged" green Ping. But neither removing the "bugged" ping via Save-Editor or console or resetting the quest steps via console commands (including removing the journal entry of the finished quest and all related quest facts and finishing it again) does nothing to fix the issue. And on a side note: The "bugged" ping is always in your inventory - it just gets invisible when you have another ping quickhack in your inventory. When you sell all other ping quickhacks it gets shown again. But again, it does not seem to have any influence on the issue.

Since this was not successful, I tried to find out at which point during my playthrough the problem started. I have over 950 savegames in like 1-5 minute steps (yeah I know, but I play a lot of bethesda games - having a lot of savegames is like a good habit for me :)).
I had a savegame before and after "The Gift" Quest - in both instances getting quickhacks worked fine.
- load savegame
- give my char enough attributes points + perk points to max out the hacking tree and get all skills in breach protocol (including datamine virtuoso)
- hack everything and check inventory to verify If I got any new quickhacks (including checking at a vendor)

What I found out:
After like 300 savegames it just stopped working. I have 2 savegames 1 minute apart from each other, where I just walked a few steps further and had a fixer phone call informing me about a new quest - and that's it, nothing else was changed in the savegame. After this point - it does not matter which savegame I load, it just stopped working.

After a lot of testing it seems that there are some random points in the game where after you learned the perk "datamine virtuoso" at a certain time it will either work or it will not. The dependencies are unclear for me - and without proper testing tools it will be impossible for me to find the real underlying problem.
I even found out that in some of my earlier saves it does matter to learn the skills in the "right order". There I learned "datamine virtuoso" before completing the first perk in the tree where you can disabe cams (only had one of two points in there). And it didn't work - after reloading and learning the skill in another order it started working. I retested this 5 times and the outcome was always the same. But again it can still be coincidence.

What it boils down to: I have no clue under which conditions it stops working and when. It can be basically everything. But "The Gift" Quest or the "bugged" ping didn't make a difference for me. The problem arises a lot later in my playthrough seemingly random. I will also not testing further - I will just give me the quickhacks I need via console command and that's it. A shame that PS and XBOX players don't have that option.
That lines up with some comments I read on youtube regarding players which claimed, that they resetted skillpoints and were able to loot quickhacks again from access points afterwards. Maybe there is just a certain order in which these skills have to be learned to make it work again.

My friend said he had completed "The Gift" and got the ping, but also told me that he upgraded it to blue quality. For me personally I have NEVER gotten anything but components. We both used the same exact guide from YouTube about all the terminals that drop legendary hacks... He got one on his first try, and by the end of the night he was able to get every single hack legendary. Me on the other hand got ZERO, not even epics. I had a 5 day old save from before I completed "The Gift" so I reloaded that and tried but still continued to get nothing. I really hope that resetting my perk points works but somehow I doubt I will be that lucky. If anyone has any luck on console please let us know!

That lines up with some comments I read on youtube regarding players which claimed, that they resetted skillpoints and were able to loot quickhacks again from access points afterwards. Maybe there is just a certain order in which these skills have to be learned to make it work again.
Sadly this worked only on one of my older savegames (one of the early ones).
I also tried this on the most current savegame multiple times and it didn't work. I think there are multiple issues leading to the problem.

- load savegame

What I found out:

Thank this helps me cement my desition of just keep on my current playthrough , this is to much to start over .

Hello where you able to test if resetting worked for you please ?

My friend said he had completed "The Gift" and got the ping, but also told me that he upgraded it to blue quality. For me personally I have NEVER gotten anything but components. We both used the same exact guide from YouTube about all the terminals that drop legendary hacks... He got one on his first try, and by the end of the night he was able to get every single hack legendary. Me on the other hand got ZERO, not even epics. I had a 5 day old save from before I completed "The Gift" so I reloaded that and tried but still continued to get nothing. I really hope that resetting my perk points works but somehow I doubt I will be that lucky. If anyone has any luck on console please let us know!
Hello , where you able to test with resetting your points , bud .

Last edited:
Resetting Perks does nothing to fix the problem. I even tried to reset all Attribute Points to 3, set all skill progressions to 0, set my Char level to 1 and street cred to 1 and the leveled up again via console. After spending my attribute and perk points in the Intelligence tree and learning all the points including the datamine virtuoso + leveling up breach protocoll to 20 - outcome: nothing, still won’t work.

Like I said in a previous post, it looks like there is a culmination of things leading to this Bug.

- load savegame

What I found out:

Sorry to be inundating you with questions but can you tell me what was the order were you learned the Virtuoso skill that made it work ? I want to test it please .

Sorry to be inundating you with questions but can you tell me what was the order were you learned the Virtuoso skill that made it work ? I want to test it please .
I had "Big Sleep" on 1/2 and it didn't work, after that I completed it with 2/2 and learned the datamine skill afterwards and it worked. I cannot tell you the order for the other skills since the savegame was so old and I couldn't remember. But it was only on one save file where it sometimes worked and sometimes not ... I honestly think that this is pure coincidence since the underlying bug is somewhere else. I also tried with the most recent savegame of mine and tried different combinations with no luck. I think, this is a dead end. But If you find out, let us know :).

I had "Big Sleep" on 1/2 and it didn't work, after that I completed it with 2/2 and learned the datamine skill afterwards and it worked. I cannot tell you the order for the other skills since the savegame was so old and I couldn't remember. But it was only on one save file where it sometimes worked and sometimes not ... I honestly think that this is pure coincidence since the underlying bug is somewhere else. I also tried with the most recent savegame of mine and tried different combinations with no luck. I think, this is a dead end. But If you find out, let us know :).
Information is power even if it is not the solution . I want to at least try , in the end we really have to hope that it will be fixed but at the same time "i do not want to lose some of Trhe exploits of the game that I enjoy so much like the money exploit " .

Last edited:

Well I tried this , in conjuction to changing to multiple cyberdecks with no good results , only thing I can say this is me trying to get the AP on arasaka that are 10 INT , nothing came out of them . I have to say I was level 22 with INT 12 with VIRTUOSO learned .
I did run into an insane glitch where I could not jack in into anything , the animation would start but it would just revert and not let me in . I went and loaded other saves and it still had that weird glitch . ONLY restarted by closing the game help fix that glitch .

I do not if I try other lower level areas with AP's that might be lower would give me a results ,I havent tried because I was already disheartened with resetting perks and trying out other decks to see if I could get legendaries .

I have thought of just stripping my character of clothes weapons everything but I really doubt something like that would help the case for quickhacks not dropping . IN the end , I don't know what else to try since this is time consuming and I have not really played the game in three days trying to figure it out

Checked back with my friend because I couldn't upgrade the quest ping like he said... and it turns out he still has it actually. But he has no issue getting hacks. Ugh.

Checked back with my friend because I couldn't upgrade the quest ping like he said... and it turns out he still has it actually. But he has no issue getting hacks. Ugh.
man it seems the problem itself is not the GIFT quest anymore , it has to be some other random thing . I don't have any new info yet from all the people I asked . I am tempted to go and do a quick new character and rush to the point of the GIft quest to see if it happens right after completing it but that is it so far for me .

Weird. I just thought it was really rare to get them and I was unlucky, but dozens and dozens of attempts and not a single quickhack from an access point with the perk. Now it makes sense.

My last play through (finished 2 days ago) I got TONS of quickhacks (at least 70-80% of the time) with the perk at 1/2. This time not a single damn one. The only difference I can think of is that I unlocked 2/2 this time.

Come to think of it, I wasn't getting them in my first play through. I didn't notice if I was getting them earlier in the game but I do remember thinking there was something wrong because I wasn't getting anything with +100%

Was just talking to my husband about this and might have found a strange correlation.

My husband and I are both on our 3rd play through. My 1st & 3rd playthroughs (the 2 that are glitched), I went to the ripperdoc to claim the bonus tattoo from Wakako for The Gig very early on. The game that was not glitched, I went to claim it WAAAAY later and never even put it on.

My husband went and equipped it right away on his glitched play through and did it way later on his 2 that aren't glitched.

I also noticed that the doc has 2 of the tattoos in his inventory when you go to claim it which is kind of strange.

Doesnt make much sense that one would effect the other and it's probably just a coincidence but who knows. lol

Ugh...Sorry so long but I just thought of 1 other possibility. During The Gift I put on the Ping and pinged the camera to show the access point (like the mission says to do) on both glitched games, but on the one that got the quickhacks I just walked over and jacked into it without equipping the ping or pinging the camera.

Last edited:
Top Bottom