Actual Chances to Acquire Quickhacks?

+
So, I’m considering picking up the Datamine Virtuoso Perk which can double the chances of getting Quickhacks from Access Points. But is it worth it? What are the base chances to acquire a Quickhack in the first place?

iCake

Forum veteran
I've little idea about the base chances. I'd say they are very slim. The perk itself is very much worth it as it is pretty much the only way to acquire all/most useful Ultimate Quickhacks without having to raise Intelligence to 20 and investing in Bartmoss Legacy perk. Not to mention that even if you do plan to get your Intelligence up to 20, you are very likely to acquire the UQH a lot earlier this way.

Also, I am very sure you can just reset your perks when the job is done, do to speak :)

I've little idea about the base chances. I'd say they are very slim. The perk itself is very much worth it as it is pretty much the only way to acquire all/most useful Ultimate Quickhacks without having to raise Intelligence to 20 and investing in Bartmoss Legacy perk. Not to mention that even if you do plan to get your Intelligence up to 20, you are very likely to acquire the UQH a lot earlier this way.

Also, I am very sure you can just reset your perks when the job is done, do to speak :)
True, I would absolutely be resetting my Perks at least once during the game. I do plan on dumping the Perks to Craft Quickhacks after I’ve gotten them all (especially as you can only craft them once) but I was considering the Datamine Virtuoso for no better reason than I’m a hoarder and collector and like to have multiples just because. Still, if the base chance is like 2% it’s obviously not worth the investment at any point whatever. If it was 10% I’d say it absolutely was.
Edit: Looking around Google it seems that even post 1.52 the drop chance is insignificant, so I’d say the perk is worthless. Either CDPR needs to confirm what the drop chance is actually supposed to be and whether it’s bugged or not, I’d say it’s a trap perk.

Last edited:

iCake

Forum veteran
Still, if the base chance is like 2% it’s obviously not worth the investment at any point whatever. If it was 10% I’d say it absolutely was.
Can I ask what you mean? I am really scratching my head now. This Datamine Virtuoso can literally raise your chances to obtain a quick hack to 100% with just 2 points invested and it's the only way to get the Ultimate Quick Hacks before your intelligence is raised to 20, but then one can argue raising any skill to 20 is not worth it and I'd agree with the statement.

Granted, there's a bit of a bug with Datamine Virtuoso that can prevent you from getting the quick hack 100% of the time, but there's a mod that fixes that:

In any case, if you are playing a netrunner, Datamine Virtuoso is not a matter of "worth", it's a matter of necessity if you want those juicy Ultimate Quick Hacks as soon as possible, even more so if you don't plan to raise Intelligence to 20.

With the perks and if you don't have the "famous bug" (which prevent you to aquire any QHs), it's almost 50% chances to aquire one while hacking an access point (from my experience) :)
So for me, it's worth it, no doubt (at least until you got all the legendary ones. After just for money, so not too much^^) ;)

Edit :
The downside, it's the rarity of the QHs aquired is related to your main level (legendary QHs start to be dropped after reaching the level 35). So it mean that you can get legendary QHs way sooner if you craft them.

Last edited:
@iCake The Perk states it increases the chance to acquire a quickhack from access points BY 50% / 100%, not TO those numbers. So, by example, a base chance of 2% would become 3% / 4%, which is not worth the Perk. If on the other hand the the base chance was 10%, that would increase the base chance to 15% / 20% which would be worth it.
Post automatically merged:

Can I ask what you mean? I am really scratching my head now. This Datamine Virtuoso can literally raise your chances to obtain a quick hack to 100% with just 2 points invested and it's the only way to get the Ultimate Quick Hacks before your intelligence is raised to 20, but then one can argue raising any skill to 20 is not worth it and I'd agree with the …

Last edited:
@iCake The Perk states it increases the chance to acquire a quickhack from access points BY 50% / 100%, not TO those numbers. So, by example, a base chance of 2% would become 3% / 4%, which is not worth the Perk. If on the other hand the the base chance was 10%, that would increase the base chance to 15% / 20% which would be worth it.
I can't say the % of "base chance", but like I said, I get about one QH every two access points (I say "about", because sometimes one, two or three QH in a row and sometimes two or three without. "50% chance" seems to be a reasonable estimate, so worth it early game if you don't want craft them).

Personally I just level intelligence and make my own legendary ones.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think you can make them all.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think you can make them all.
Yep, you can :)
And way sooner than counting on access point drops (if you level up INT in priority). Drops which depend of on your main level (not INT) and are random.

So seems like it may be better to get the Quickhack crafting perks to start along with the Datamine Mastermind and possibly Advanced Datamine for Components and Eurodollars respectively. Ignore Virtuoso till much later after a Perk Reset assuming I still want to just hoard Quickhacks.

So seems like it may be better to get the Quickhack crafting perks to start along with the Datamine Mastermind and possibly Advanced Datamine for Components and Eurodollars respectively. Ignore Virtuoso till much later after a Perk Reset assuming I still want to just hoard Quickhacks.
Sure, Datamine is a "must have" (a very good way to earn quickly a fair amount of money early game).

And if you plan to craft your QHs to get them earlier or/and to be sure to have the ones that you want directly, you don't need Virtuoso at all (During some playthroughs in which I was unable to craft Epic and Legendary QHs, I waited for legendary Optic Reboot and Ping for ages... almost until reaching the level 50, while in the meantime I earned tens Short Circuit, Cripple Movement,...).

So, I’m considering picking up the Datamine Virtuoso Perk which can double the chances of getting Quickhacks from Access Points. But is it worth it?
Virtuoso is just worth it if you stay below 20 Int with your build. That’s all.

Post automatically merged:

Personally I just level intelligence and make my own legendary ones.

Yeah you can make them all - aside of the 4 QHs which don’t even have a legendary version

Last edited:
Top Bottom