Mars War Logs

+
Mars War Logs

I just played this game at my friends house and got to say, it seems awesome. It's an RPG game that has a slight Cyberpunk theme going on (very, very, very slight) I only played it for about 15 minutes, but it left a good enough first impression on me. It has a slow (and a bit strange) start and first part reminded me of Riddick a little, but other than that, this game has almost everything i want from Cyberpunk 2077. It has upgradeable weapons and armor (which is really awesome since all upgrades are visible on your character), it has companions (to what extent i'm not sure), and lots of other small things like good dialogue, craftables etc.. I'm thinking of buying it from steam. I'm not sure if it has a good story and character development or not (i definitely hope it does) but it looks good enough to play a little.. What do you all think?

GodDAMN it Wars. I just went to the trouble of copying and pasting stuff so I could start this thread. YOU STOLE IT FROM ME.

I won't forget this.

Anyway. http://www.mars-thegame.com/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547824

I picked it up. I'll start it in a bit and let you know what I think. $20 on Steam.

I'm sorry, did you say something? I couldn't hear you from the sound of how fast i post good stuff :D
Don't worry Sard.. I wont steal your glory next time... probably..

I feel only hatred.

Still downloading.

Guess I'll go look at the WoDOnline stuff. Which is doomed.

I'm playing it now, not bad, but a bit of a sophomore effort. Don't expect TW2 level of writing, do expect TW2 style combat and skill tree because they lifted some stuff verbatim.

I'm playing it now, not bad, but a bit of a sophomore effort. Don't expect TW2 level of writing, do expect TW2 style combat and skill tree because they lifted some stuff verbatim.

I just got it from steam 20 minutes ago, download is almost finished. I don't think it will be nearly as good as TW2, but i really liked companions, visible upgrades and stuff. Voice acting (especially female voice acting) could've been better though.

So far I'm quite liking it. Slim's comments are accurate, although unlike the Witcher I seem to be able to parry whenever I need to. Cooldown/energy refresh is shorter I guess.

It's a skill circle, like Witcher. Not verbatim, but a nice change from the more typical bar-style skill trees. Setting and attitudes are suitably brutal. Can't tell if I like Roy's voice or not.

I'm trying it on Extreme, so far nicely balanced with block-breakers a good idea and some parrying or dodging required.

So far I'm quite liking it. Slim's comments are accurate, although unlike the Witcher I seem to be able to parry whenever I need to. Cooldown/energy refresh is shorter I guess.

It's a skill circle, like Witcher. Not verbatim, but a nice change from the more typical bar-style skill trees. Setting and attitudes are suitably brutal. Can't tell if I like Roy's voice or not.

I'm trying it on Extreme, so far nicely balanced with block-breakers a good idea and some parrying or dodging required.

At first, i wasn't quite sure about this game, but as i play, i found little things i wish TW2 had and i hope TW3 has. I didn't like the whole weapon system as much i hoped to, but that's not a big problem. Will see how the story turns out.

Soo...yeah. Stealth kills VERY useful. Upgraded nailgun, VERY useful. Extended range dodge rolls, essential on Extreme difficulty.

Gonna pick it up after I get home today. Though gonna first finish Mass Effect 3 dlcs and ending again. Gotta say though even though ME3 has the most polished combat of the series it gets bloody boring to sit behind boxes and kill wave after wave.

Controls are fine. Usual WASD, Shift to run/dodge, assignable number keys for gear and powers. No reason not to get the game. Adapt.

Yeah, i agree with Sard, that's a terrible reason for not buying. Just adapt.
Naah no need. If this day and age they overlooked something that critical to many people. Plus I got enough games to keep me busy :)

Actually tried wasd with first Transformers game, but that didn't really work out. So because of that reason I stayed miles away from the sequel.
And talking about terrible reasons, another one is if there isn't quick / manual save. And not talking about something that loads you back to some safe house, but a real save that saves location, mission status and world state (dead enemies are dead etc.) Can't remember how many games have sitted on my computer under five minutes and after that I've cursed consoles to deepest hell :D

Naah no need. If this day and age they overlooked something that critical to many people. Plus I got enough games to keep me busy :)

Actually tried wasd with first Transformers game, but that didn't really work out. So because of that reason I stayed miles away from the sequel.
And talking about terrible reasons, another one is if there isn't quick / manual save. And not talking about something that loads you back to some safe house, but a real save that saves location, mission status and world state (dead enemies are dead etc.) Can't remember how many games have sitted on my computer under five minutes and after that I've cursed consoles to deepest hell :D

This game does have quick save feature. You can save anywhere you want really. (except when enemies around, other than that, its fine) This game does have some shortcomings (what game doesn't) but it can be fun. (Well, i didn't finish the game yet, so i'm not sure if the story is good enough, but it's fine for now)

Top Bottom