What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.2 development insight]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can feel it!
Today is patch day and i will begin to play a new life path!
Hopefully with a little more FPS, as the first play through.
This are my only expectations for this patch!

@The community, lower your expectations!
1.2 isn't that groundbreaking patch what you all expect,
you all will be disappointed and then the this forum is getting ugly as always.

Stop that please!

It´s just a patch in the right direction not more or less!
There will be more patches in the future you all will see.
1.2 don´t fix all the community expectations that is impossible!
So stay calm and don't get angry, have a normal behave!

Life is to short to get angry about a game! Stay healthy!

Exactly! We have to see things realistically. The game will get better with each patch and CD Projekt will try its best. Patch 1.2 may not be the wonder people think of, but it's one more step for everyone to enjoy this game.

I like your optimism. Sounds like you may be right though, this patch may be just another "basis fixing patch".
Yes, 1.2 is another "basic fixing patch" nothing more to expect from it!
No new content or anything like that!
Future DLC are the changing parts for this game!

Yes, 1.2 is another "basic fixing patch" nothing more to expect from it!
No new content or anything like that!
Future DLC are the changing parts for this game!
I think it's likely to be primarily a fixing patch too, I just hope it addresses the major glitches and performance issues for base console. Knowing my luck however, they'll fix the more "fun" glitches that don't really cause problems - like the invisible katana that you can use to get to high places, or clipping through doors/walls to see what's inside a building etc.

I can feel it!
Today is patch day and i will begin to play a new life path!
Hopefully with a little more FPS, as the first play through.
This are my only expectations for this patch!

@The community, lower your expectations!
1.2 isn't that groundbreaking patch what you all expect,
you all will be disappointed and then the this forum is getting ugly as always.

Stop that please!

It´s just a patch in the right direction not more or less!
There will be more patches in the future you all will see.
1.2 don´t fix all the community expectations that is impossible!
So stay calm and don't get angry, have a normal behave!

Life is to short to get angry about a game! Stay healthy!

we don't KNOW its a patch(i'm being generous here and trying to be optimistic by not calling it a hotfix) in the right direction because we don't know what(if anything)beyond that insultingly flippant "news" article has been changed we can hope but until they release the patch notes making any kind of sweeping statement is not a good idea.

For all we know its not going to do a damn thing for PC and be solely focused on consoles and sure consoles need it but so does PC and i am fully expecting to find that nothing will change for those of us on PC cause that's how things usually go console gets all the focus and PC rots in the dungeon and tossed a few scraps now and again

its not like all the trailers, social media and advertising said "its coming when its ready"... so "development insight" means... nothing at all. sadly. and tbh honest if this are the fixes they chose to "highlight"... im damn curious what will follow... honestly I personally don't expect much positive surprisings... tho im still hoping after 5 chars and nearly 1k hrs played on normal ps4.
My hope is that the "development insight" is responding to people asking for information ahead of the patch by presenting some interesting highlights. They should continue to do this every patch, and I really like the presentation from the perspective of inside the game.

And prepare for yellow box "insert excuse here". Probably going to lean on the Lead Game Designer taking his leave.
Second Half of March they said, well its almost April.

My hope is that the "development insight" is responding to people asking for information ahead of the patch by presenting some interesting highlights. They should continue to do this every patch, and I really like the presentation from the perspective of inside the game.
yeah the presentation is great like the advertising was - but hands down... a good presentation is just half of the job done : / - dont want to sound negative all the way but I work in the ad industry myself for over 10 years now... and I know how "presentations" are used... often to hide lack in substance or concepts, its part of the job... selling a mood - content 2nd if at all. yet I know its like in agencies... good people are leaving but the trade mark still needs to solve promblems like "no one cares" if the good employees who could make change already left. CDPR is in a really difficult situation, they sadly caused themselves... so one eye with understanding for the situation one eye for... well your own greedy fault in the first place. : /

but I like that they at least gave some work in progress - they need to communicate as long there are people they can communicate with at all.

Last edited:
It's cool but nobody really cares. It's what they're gonna change that matters.

hope there will be some variety in implants
because after legendary hacks netrunner gameplay becomes spam of contagion+optics
and add some timer for enemies so they could understand that their positions were hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom