Yes, Occasionally Mike Pondsmith Does Show Up Here...

+
I really would like to be able to order the fanzines and such either in hardcopy or PDF whatever I really enjoyed those little books. But now a question for Mike. With all the new stuff for CP2020 like what happens to Arasaka and others, wouldn't it be necessary to do a Sourcebook for after the war, as well as a Chrome 5?

I think that all depends on how Chrome 5 is produced. If it's in the same format as the Firestorm books, it would be the only book needed.

Chrome 5 will combine a lot of the outcome of the 4th Corp War as well as the technologies that evolved during and after the War.

Chrome 5 will combine a lot of the outcome of the 4th Corp War as well as the technologies that evolved during and after the War.

Awesome.

I for one am really looking forward to seeing the 'short term' fixes that were put in place after the Data Krash.

I can't wait for Chrome 5. I see that the site says that it is on the horizon, is there a firmer date than that? Also what size of book are you thinking that it will be? Will it be in color? I want to know everything about it.

you're asking him for a release date?

^
R. Tal vet, right there.

Sorry, Mike. You know the V3 story as well as we do. AT LEAST WE ALL LAUGH NOW.

Mike, have you seen in-game footage yet? Concept art, like character or city design? Do you have any say in the visual style or mostly game mechanics and story? I understand if you can't elaborate but I gotta ask.

That sounds very cool, I'm really looking after this book that will put the CP 2020 on track again.

Very excited about moving forward in the timeline.

Naturally it's been more than a few years since the last release of CP2020. Are there any technological innovations you plan on implementing--things that, like today, we take for granted that necessarily didn't exist when the older books were released?

Is the plan right now to not release a new PnP book alongside the game release, or do you think supplemental books on the side would be an easier 'fix' to the game as a whole?

Is or are there any plans for a contest or something that could get a person's character a cameo or something? Holy balls I would do whatever I could to get my character in that game, even if it's a plebian walking on the sidewalk.

Oh, Irons. You so cute.

We are fanboys. What do you suppose the odds are we -haven't- seen that clip?

It even led to me having to inform everyone Mike is married in the FAQ. For years.

Sad, I know.

An 'estimated' year would do. Is that too much?

let me put it to you this way. cp 203x was announced ~1998, it was scheduled for release the first time ~2000, and it finally hit the shelves in 2006. so yeah, asking for a year is asking too much and setting yourself up for disappointment.

Is or are there any plans for a contest or something that could get a person's character a cameo or something? Holy balls I would do whatever I could to get my character in that game, even if it's a plebian walking on the sidewalk.

CDPR's been promising us full character customization, so the easiest way to get your character in the game would probably be to just build your character. Then you'll get the added bonus of being able to play as your character!

CDPR's been promising us full character customization, so the easiest way to get your character in the game would probably be to just build your character. Then you'll get the added bonus of being able to play as your character!

CDPR actually said that they want us to be able to simply print off a character sheet for our character and play PnP with it too.

An 'estimated' year would do. Is that too much?

Actually, Dave Ackerman (RTG's old Production Mgr., who is back on the job again) is on my butt about that very subject right now. He wants to start hiring artists ASAP. So it should be by Jan 2014 at latest or Dave will kill me. And he can do it. He has mad skillz.

2014 will have so much gaming goodness. So goddamn much.

I feel like I'm 18 again. Only, you know, less goddamn retarded.

Yes. I was much more crazed decades ago.

Yes, I can say, "retarded". I'M IN THAT MINORITY. Close enough anyway.

Top Bottom