An MMO Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think vampire MMO is too specific. I mean, there are vampires in Dnd and other games, too.

Zomg! You're right!!!

Well then, we better go tell all the other MMO developers they can't use Orcs, Elves, Dwarves, Humans or any of the other races that have been used in fuck knows how many other MMO's!!!

Quick, someone, find me a batphone!!!

Or you could actually research the subject first.

Oh, and "NO! You're wrong." Now it's your problem.

And in the mean time

So, is anyone here playing an MMO right now other than Eve? I haven't played more than ten minutes and so find it hard to relate
I activated gametime card (since it was rather cheap) for SWTOR saturday. You get the addon for free these days. I was so exhausted yesterday after playing it half a day, the combat just blows.
Also was wondering how rather nice people are in that game and after that some guy started telling me how much my green gun sux :D

Zomg! You're right!!!

Thanks. I usually always am. Like this time, too. But, I would like to add a couple of well thought brilliant ideas:

Think about Star Trek and Star Wars MMO. What is the point in them? Exploration? Lol. I have seen the series and movies.

In the other there are light sabres and Jedis. And in the other, well, ... there is *spoilers* Q! And romulans. And such.

See? It is not that hard.

Thanks. I usually always am. Like this time, too. But, I would like to add a couple of well thought brilliant ideas:

Think about Star Trek and Star Wars MMO. What is the point in them? Exploration? Lol. I have seen the series and movies.

In the other there are light sabres and Jedis. And in the other, well, ... there is *spoilers* Q! And romulans. And such.

See? It is not that hard.
You're right again, it's really easy to make absolutely meaningless posts with no point to them.

You must be so proud.

You're right again, it's really easy to make absolutely meaningless posts with no point to them.

You must be so proud.

The fact that you don't see a point doesn't mean there isn't one. But thanks.

And the point was, that in a generic universe there can be different things. If I was to play for example Star Trek MMO, well what is there going to be? Yeah, Federation ships, Klingons, more Klingons, Romulans, more Romulans, etc. Even the space is pretty predictable. There is the alpha quadrant, and beta, and so. Yeah, and when you think you found something new, no, there is Klingons. If not the things itself, then at least Klingons will arrive there soon. Or Romulans.

The fact that you don't see a point doesn't mean there isn't one.

For once, you are right on the money.

The point to the games you so ignorantly dismissed is the story. Shocking I know, but many of us actually enjoy them, (not that I would expect you to get that seeing as you already pointed out that you don't give a shit about stories.)
For many fans of a specific genre it is highly enjoyable to put themselves in a similar mindset to their favorite characters. James T. Kirk, Jean Luc Picard, Jonathan Archer, (seriously, what's with so many captains names starting with 'J'?) Darth Vader, Qui Gon Jin, Anakin Skywalker, Luke Skywalker, Boba Fett, Jango Fett, Han Solo and many others besides. Even creating yypur own unique character within an rich and diverse game world that has been fleshed out by potentially decades of literature and film, (and other media.)
The same can be said about single player games.

Personally, I think that playing with other people is not the bees knees, yet its basically all you rant and rave about, as if its the only thing that matters. I find that view both shallow and bland. I much prefer to enjoy stories created to stimulate and entertain the player, much like a good book does. But to enjoy that the player/reader needs a certain amount of personal creativity, whcih you so far have shown a complete lack of.

So, as you yourself stated:

Just because you don't see a point, it doesn't mean there isn't one.

So, as you yourself stated:
Just because you don't see a point, it doesn't mean there isn't one.

I see the point, but I don't care. So you are wrong.

For once, you are right on the money.

Don't you mean, again?

For many fans of a specific genre it is highly enjoyable to put themselves in a similar mindset to their favorite characters. James T. Kirk, Jean Luc Picard, Jonathan Archer, (seriously, what's with so many captains names starting with 'J'?) Darth Vader, Qui Gon Jin, Anakin Skywalker, Luke Skywalker, Boba Fett, Jango Fett, Han Solo and many others besides.

Even creating yypur own unique character within an rich and diverse game world that has been fleshed out by potentially decades of literature and film, (and other media.)
The same can be said about single player games.

Yeah, but like I said, I think that is boring. I think it is more interesting to create my own stories than follow some footsteps. Sure I can learn from great tacticians and so, and I don't think a theme itself makes a bad MMO as long as the theme is at least reasonable. I just personally find it a bit boring after some time to see the same things again and again and then reproduce the things again and again...

And it doesn't help if they are single player games.

Cyberpunk offers more potential, as it can be applied to many kinds of backgrounds. If you play Star Trek, well phasers it is you get. Ok, I admit that in Cyberpunk there are pretty much conventional weapons, that we have used to. But it doesn't matter. If you play Star Trek, it is mostly about phasers.

Personally, I think that playing with other people is not the bees knees, yet its basically all you rant and rave about, as if its the only thing that matters. I find that view both shallow and bland. I much prefer to enjoy stories created to stimulate and entertain the player, much like a good book does. But to enjoy that the player/reader needs a certain amount of personal creativity, whcih you so far have shown a complete lack of.

You can enjoy what you want, but I enjoy multiplayer environments, because they offer more potential. You cannot make SP game a MMO, and MMO is a game too. But, you can add stories to MMOs. This is such a solid statement, that you cannot counter it. You can still like SP games, but bigger potential is in MMOs.

I am done arguing my point.
I am done with my attempts to get a mature response from you.

You summed it up. You don't agree, you don't care, everything you don't care or agree with is "wrong because you say so!" Has that actually worked for you in a real conversation since you were 5 years old?

Meh, I'm taking a leaf put of your book. I don't agree with you, I don't care about you, you're wrong.

Enjoy your world of one princess.

Ah, reminds me of the good old days of WoW forums. Nostaaaalgia.

Speaking of which, has anyone had eyes on the Starcraft MMO some indie was doing?

True, though they have been asking frog support on their site too, through PayPal.

But barely covering the target is not very reassuring...

I am done arguing my point.
I am done with my attempts to get a mature response from you.

You summed it up. You don't agree, you don't care, everything you don't care or agree with is "wrong because you say so!" Has that actually worked for you in a real conversation since you were 5 years old?

Meh, I'm taking a leaf put of your book. I don't agree with you, I don't care about you, you're wrong.

Enjoy your world of one princess.

You quit MMOs, as you like to play alone. And you give up in conversations when they don't go the way you want.

I can't help. Some people want to be alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.