DLSS 3 & Reflex PC Update

+
Hey Guys Thanks for the update but the problem is my laptop is kinda old and i was playing with it anyway but after the update it shows the flatlined error :cry: i read in here the new update supports only RTX 40 so how about the Gamers who using the lower graphic cards same as me ? mine is NVIDIA GTX1050 :giveup: what should i do? it meas i cant play anymore ? it means i cant play the future DLC? THE PHANTOM LIBERTY....:giveup: HELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP MEEEEEEEE I'M IN LOVE WITH CYBERPUNK.....PLEASE HELLLLLLPPP MEEEE
I have to ask, so do you use or used mods ?
If yes, check directly on Nexus if the mods that you use (used) receive an update for this patch.

Hi, I have the same problem. I had mods but deleted them, verified the files and the game crashed. I don't know what to do. The game ran fine before.

Hi, I have the same problem. I had mods but deleted them, verified the files and the game crashed. I don't know what to do. The game ran fine before.

When you say "deleted them", do you mean just removing the files? If so, that's generally not enough.

If you want to fully return to a vanilla state you need to perform a clean install.

This is nicer than the Steam forums. people ANGRY there, lots of posts. but still to put it on more pages. mods don't seem to matter. I've never had a single one. Still flatlining. file integrity is passing. Rolled back once. it crashed due to a download issue then Steam reupdated it.

Report start:
Version=1
EventType=REDEngineErrorReport
EventTime=0
ReportIdentifier=ffffffff-ffffffff-00000001-00000000
Sig[0].Name=StackHash
Sig[0].Value=0x0000000000000000
Sig[1].Name=ErrorReason
Sig[1].Value=Unhandled exception
Sig[2].Name=InternalVersion
Sig[2].Value=3.0.4506101 P4CL: 5661751 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Release
DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version

StackTrace:
Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread caused a user-mode data execution prevention (DEP) violation at 0x7FFB21B07200.
File: <Unknown>(0)

Well for what is worth...
I have the game on GoG (as well as all the other CDPR games since the dawn of time).

For what is worth, maybe it helps someone?!

I can say the game with the latest patch works fine across 5 different machines:
- Alienware 17 (from 2014) with a GTX 880M (4th gen Intel CPU, can't recall the exact number) (don't ask about resolution, FPS, etc :)) ) -Windows 10
- Alienware Area 51m R1 (i9 9900k + RTX 2080) -Windows 11
- Alienware Area 51m R2 (i9 10900k + RTX 2080 Super) -Windows 11
- Desktop PC: i9 12900K + RTX 3070 Ti(e) ^_^ -Windows 11
- Desktop PC: i9 13900k + RTX 4090 (non Tie ^_^) -Windows 11

I don't have the Steam version, but reading the posts it seems that everyone with a non modded game that are having a startup flatline is on Steam?! Maybe that version is a bit kaput?

(And i came at this thread because I noticed Reflex ON drops my max FPS by around 10%+ on the older GPUs).

Cheers

Started up my game. Had to change some settings cuz it was lagging, but it ran. I flatlined when I tried to take a pic with photomode though. I have a mod for that, so could be the culprit as Photomode Unlocked has not updated yet. But the fact that I had to change settings all of a sudden was odd, but meh.

Well, what other mods are you using? Doubt it's just CET.

Redscript is another framework that most people use and hasn't been updated yet. Plenty of people experiencing issue linked to that at the moment. Despite the mods depending on it being updated, as long as redscript itself isn't updated, necessary references are likely to cause crashes.

This is really an exercise in going through all your mods and updating them all, assuming an update is available. If it's not, check the comments, some may not need an update.
Yes, I do use several mods. I have been keeping an eye out for the ones to update and redscript seems to usually be the last to update., so waiting on it and hopefully that will fix it.
I just don't have the data on my ISP to keeping downloading the game. Last time this appended I went over my limit and had to pay extra on my cable bill.
Post automatically merged:

Redscript is not a trouble, Mod Settings is.
Mod Settings was updated today, updated it but still no joy.

Last edited:
A few posts deleted. Please, keep in mind that personal skirmishes do not belong in public threads, and disrespect towards others is against the rules.

DLSS3 alone can't carry 40 series cards. There just isn't enough 'there' there to handle native 4k in a graphically intensive game, even with Frame Generation.
I'm replying to myself to expand on this point as an FYI.

Vanilla, strictly speaking Vanilla, 2077 4k Psycho can be ran with a 4090 above 60 FPS. It will dip here and there, but 4K with all the bells and whistles is just that demanding, so the 40 series needs DLSS2 as well. I'm not talking about HW dependent software like DLSSG(Frame Generation), just the raw amount of physical CUDA Cores - I can't speak to RT cores such as if the higher amount on the 4090 increases the rate instrutions are handled through the API or it processes the data in a way that it can handle higher ray counts specifically or resolution much faster.. bleh. Things like Astonishing crowds, insane traffic density, ini configs that increase RT reflection resolution or negate Sampling bias on the other hand - nope. Too much geo, too many shaders, too many shadows, etc.

You need DLSS 2 to carry it. Analysis shows that DLSS is really good at capturing data even lost at native resolution. I use DLSS Quality, but DLSS Performance at 4K still provides a more crisp image than native 1440p. There's really no reason to not use DLSS at higher resolutions.
FYI - People here and elsewhere insist, because some rando on Reddit said, that it can be run on 30 series and even 20 series cards... even though this individual never provided proof and even listed some bugs. DLSS3 accesses the depth buffer, so it can competently construct entire frames and not just pixels - and likely to keep RT from wigging out (I'm only guessing on that though) as RT is reliant on presently streamed materials and geometry to render in the player view.

While I would love to bash another corporation, it's not entirely unreasonable to believe this won't work on previous gen cards. And while I like giving CDPR a hard time, It's not her fault people aren't aware.
Frame Generation... seemingly works exponentially. Alone it won't do much because it doesn't actually improve baseline performance, but it interprets and injects new frames. The more frames you feed it, the more it will spit out. If you're posting 20FPS, you probably won't even get 30 in return. If you're posting 90 with DLSS Quality or Balanced; You get the massive 'uplift' toward 130-140 FPS. It will not stabilize FPS from what I've seen, as it really only smooths rendering through injection, so if you're FPS is dipping quite a lot - it will do so in kind. You can cap the game at 58 FPS through Riva and NVCP as I do (I don't have a GSync gamer monitor) to ensure stability and reduce screen tear while pulling out every pit of fidelity possible though.

These are reasons why they have not, and will not, remove DLSS 2. Sounds like they cocked up this patch. I can't say so myself as I haven't tried it out and am uninterested in the game until Overdrive or 1.7 are released so I can be sure working on my mods is worthwhile. I believe it when people say it's got problems though. Par for the course.

The game flatlines after the update. The logfile reports this:
Message: The thread caused a user-mode data execution prevention (DEP) violation at 0x7FF872957200.

Any idea?

You performed a clean install ?
Yes. I did perform a clean install. Starting it from the RED Launcher (from Epic) still flatlines. I did not even copy my save files, to ensure that it was not the issue. This is a sad sad update :(

Yes. I did perform a clean install. Starting it from the RED Launcher (from Epic) still flatlines. I did not even copy my save files, to ensure that it was not the issue. This is a sad sad update :(
Ok :(
So I highly suggest to report the issue to the support if it's not already done, including as much details as possible ("Contact Us" button).

I repeat: this update is absolutely unnecessary. I know Reflex is available for older VGAs. The question here is that if it's been available for so long, why announce it? Does not make sense. Or rather, it does make sense: it's something they did to "compensate" for granting privileges to anyone who has an RTX4000.

"See, now only people who own the RTX4000 will be able to enjoy all the graphical beauty".

DLSS 3.0=$$$$$$$$$$$$

I see a behavior to gently induce the gamer to switch cards, i.e. buy an RTX4090, 4080 or 4070ti. This "update" even broke the game on PCs whose players do not have mods installed.
2 years later and the game is still crashing. Ridiculous.
Things like that are unacceptable.
How about after an "update" you can no longer see your character in the mirror?
How about a map all bugged?
How about a buggy config interface?
It seems that there is a problem with the file in charge of the translations in your language. I'm sure they'll fix it soon, that doesn't require programming. Report it to support.

Hello everybody,
Since this update my game can't be launch I have an error each time.
GPU : 1070ti v 528.24 nvdia
here the stack trace :

Message: The thread caused a user-mode data execution prevention (DEP) violation at 0x7FFE9E2F7200.

I have tried to re-install it but nothing happened

1675416349616.png

Best regards,

Hi, I'm just letting everybody know that I have the game on Epic games launcher. It still doesn't work. Does CDPR know of this issue?

I grabbed a fresh 100% sterile copy from GOG the other day, and removed all previous saved games, deleted every old file in all directories, no mods, no nothing. A clean deal 100%

My game is crashing at the El Coyote Cojo, with a Street Kid start, before I do much of anything, maybe just walk around for 5 minutes.

System Specs:

msi 2080 TI Overclocked
i9 10850ka CPU (5.1 ghz Overclock)
32gigs DDR4 4400hz

(Overclocking has never caused a single issue with this game, its not the issue, as moderator SigilFey has suggested.)

I can not possibly imagine what is causing it, (besides a bug needing a hotfix) since I've played every version from v1.00 until now with my current PC configurations.
I really do hope they can patch hotfix or just simply fix it soon because I love this game and was planning on playing like... all 2023 <3 lol

Good luck to everyone trying to get it to work. I hope we can all play it smoothly soon.

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this, the mod "Mod settings" seems to conflict and give me error missing or corrupted files. uninstalled and game runs.

The game just does not want to launch after the DLSS Update.
The Launcher wants me to verify files, and refuses to start the game

Steps taken until now:

- Remove all mods
- Re-Install 3x
- Verify Files via Steam 3x
- Does not launch (error message from the Launcher) or flatlines (with Flatline-popup)

Result: No Launch, same error message from the launcher.

(Overclocking has never caused a single issue with this game, its not the issue, as moderator SigilFey has suggested.)
It thought that too, untill i started getting crashes randomly. Turns out this game and only this game crashed due too CTR overclock. You could atleast test disabeling the OC and se if you still crash. A crash log could help specify whats happening too. generaly has a lead as too why it crashed atleast.
Post automatically merged:

The game just does not want to launch after the DLSS Update.
The Launcher wants me to verify files, and refuses to start the game

Steps taken until now:

- Remove all mods
- Re-Install 3x
- Verify Files via Steam 3x
- Does not launch (error message from the Launcher) or flatlines (with Flatline-popup)

Result: No Launch, same error message from the launcher.
Have you done a clean install? You will loose all saves and so on.

Top Bottom