Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, witchers!

I just thought to stop by and say hello. It's November, and i participate in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). It's the third time i do this, and i 'm more happy about it than ever. My novel (fantasy) goes very well until now; i had it in my mind for several years, so it must become a good book. I have started the book in October and now i continue (counting only the November words).

Other participants here?

Other participants here?

I've heard a lot about it and I really wish I could participate, but unfortunately at the moment I lack the time.
It's where you try to write 50.000 words before the end of November, right? I'm afraid I will have to wait until next year.

Do you write a lot in general? Any novels/other things you finished before you started on this one? (just curious) :)

Yes, it's the 50.000 words in 30 days race.
I write a lot, since 2009. It means a lot to me. I have many short stories (but not a collection, they 're all different to put them together, or so i think, people say to me i can do it), a novel which needs serious editing, and one more which needs to finish (or, better, re-writing).

How about you? Do you write?

P.S. That was a stupid question. You said you wanted to participate, so you must write. *sigh*

Last edited:

P.S. That was a stupid question. You said you wanted to participate, so you must write. *sigh*

Oh don't worry, not stupid at all.
Actually I used to write, but sadly I stopped doing it a few years back because of a lack of inspiration.
Since then, I've had some ideas, but always at the wrong moment (again, no time).
I've wanted to use NaNoWriMo as a way to start writing again and to use those ideas (since it's mainly about writing for fun, no matter if it's good), but this year won't be it for me. If everything goes as planned I'll graduate this year though, so as soon as I'm done I'll jump on all the things I like, including writing, painting and reading.

That moment, when you know that you are cursed...and every times there's an obstacles in your way...this is my test of faith...this session is going to happen no matter what! and i shall not fall to what lies in my path!
Even in sickness i will not be stopped!

I slept in this morning, sorry about that! I'm ready now though, so where is everyone else?

I speak English and German, and to me Dutch doesn't sound much like German. It sounds like English, until I realize I just listened to a whole speech and didn't understand a word of it.

I'm German and I found the words quite similiar. At least some of them. But the sound is different, yeah. However, Dutch speaking people seem to understand German and English pretty well (went on train with a group of six Germans and a Belgian guy, communicating in German, until this other guy in the compartment told his girlfriend on phone he's travelling with a bunch of Germans in Polish and made fun of us; was pretty funny) :)

I heard about that, too, and I know some people who participate (actually, I don't know them personally. They just happened to to be members of the same forum), but 50,000 words in one month is quite much for me as I don't have that much time.
I love writing for it's a way to express myself, but I've finished my last big project some months ago, so I'm busy editing and re-writing parts of it, while publishing the beginning on some forum. I started some short stories and another bigger project recently, but it's not working that good.

However, if you write, are you thinking about publishing, do you participate in competitions or do you write just for yourself never showing anything to anyone?

Last edited:
Student's log, day 8 of No Shave November.

Left the house today. The sun, it hurt my eyes. I hissed at it and a few bystanders, then hid behind some rocks until the danger passed.

There's an itch in my neck. The Beard is challenging my endurance. It wants to break me. I can hear it whispering.

I won't break. The only razor I shall use is to skin the deer I hunted earlier. T'was a good hunt.

There's a job interview next week. It is a test of faith. The heretics in their suits and well-washed hair will look and judge and wrinkle their noses, but I will not bend to their old-ways and judgment. The Beard shall live on.

LOL.

I thought about shaving my neck portion yesterday, and thought about at least trimming the rest to make it easier to wash, but I settled for just combing through it in the shower. Really thick on the chin portion, so it's a challenge. Also getting to the point to where it hurts again. Sore.

But as you can see, my beard does a good job hiding most of the neck portion, so you can't really see it. Problem is, I'm six foot four, lol, so most people aren't on my eye level and can see it in all its scraggly glory.

Give me a decade and I can find a human version, so I'm afraid I'll have to pass on your offer ;)
I'd take that offer if I were you. I wouldn't go through all that housewife stuff even for Triss Merrigold, lol.

Wait, body hair counts too? Lol. Well I don't shave those anyway. Tried it once. Never again. Same for the crotch. Boy did that feel weird...

I was thinking and I realized it would be unfair if bearded men complain when a woman has long armpit hair (or any other type of body hair). Equality, right?

Wow...what fun session it was, how unfortunate some of you couldn't join...

Some of you are going to hate me so much when i'll upload them :troll:

And the people who were, don't you dare tell the jokes...don't spoil it to them, at least not yet ^^

Wow...what fun session it was, how unfortunate some of you couldn't join...

Some of you are going to hate me so much when i'll upload them :troll:

And the people who were, don't you dare tell the jokes...don't spoil it to them, at least not yet ^^

Aw, but where's the fun in that? It was so damned funny (despite my raging)! :lol:

I was thinking and I realized it would be unfair if bearded men complain when a woman has long armpit hair (or any other type of body hair). Equality, right?

Can't speak for others, but I honestly don't care about hair on women that much really. Legs, somewhat. Armpits, no. Crotch (Sorry @ReptilePZ :lol: ) no. Preferred actually. Arms, somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom