Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking about alcohol...

However, even I avoid the excesses, the few times I found myself a little drunk I was at my house in Siena with two friends of mine, we tried the mint vodka. We had already drank vodka the day before, it was good, no heavy effects. But the mint one... never again... it was horrible, looked like a mouthwash came bad. However the fact is that it got me, and after talking, laughing, joking and so on I threw myself on the bed to sleep.

In the morning I was awakened by my friend who was sleeping next to me (we slept in 3 in a double bed), who had my laptop in her hands, and asked me "Hey, how can I open the book?" (the previous day she had begun reading an ebook). I looked at her not knowing whether, with the nausea I had, vomit on her or go back to sleep. However I managed to focus it and open the file and then immediately began to focus more on the clock diplayed on the screen (it took me about 30 seconds, too dizzy)...7:35 am.

"Read, don't mind us, goodnight."

When I told the other friend this she asked "And where was I at that moment?" and I "You were snoring beside me."

After breakfast I close myself in the room, I sat on the bed, with my head on my hands. I was not feeling well, I was about to release all my soul on the pavement. But I focused...and then go back to sleep for 1 hour. My friends even took photos while I was sleeping, dammit.
It was not a real hangover, maybe a little (never been really drunk) but this time I (we) went near, I remembered everything... or at least... bits, all right, but if I said the things I remembered... Although it was hard to remember how I had come to bed.

After that every time I take a sip of vodka I feel a little sick... Damn you mint vodka. No more super alcholics...just beer.

Oh well, the positive thing was that I realized I could be the "happy-hangover" type. Like this.

Is it true that Japanese families in big cities "celebrate" Christmas by buying KFC buckets and eating them together? Because if they do, hoooly shit.

That's more popular in South Korea than Japan but yes, some people do. However actually in Japan, Christmas is a day for couples, kind of like Valentines day. In Japan couples buy each other presents and go to restaurants on Christmas day. Because for them, New Year is the time for family, whereas Christmas is just a foreign holiday like Halloween.

Christmas and Christianity are foreign in most of the world, but our societies have been indoctrinated and now they're "normal".

Just ignore the shallow bits and focus on the good ones, like food and booze with your clan.

I give the gift of "Please let it be January soon", but I seem to be the only one in this :p

Right there with you, although I have a love for singing the "A Very Scary Soltice" songs whenever I hear a christmas song... With great classics like:
"The most horrible time" of the year and "Unholy Night", or my personal favorite "I Saw Mommy Kissing Yog Sothoth" I really get to freak out people.

Otherwise I don't do this chistmas stuff. Except that the end of the year comes together with some extra cash so I get to buy new stuff for me and boyfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom