Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Truckers! always blocking your way....

---------- Post merged on 23-01-2015 at 09:54 AM ----------

Ok, I need some girl's help here...
I've known this girl for some months now, in the gym... she proposed to me... in the sense she told me she likes me. Thing is, I don't see her that way. I was saved by my master, God bless him, who called me for a demo for the youngsters. She finished her training before me, and went away, probably out of shame, I don't know.
Now I have to tell her that I'm not interested in her the same way she's interested in me. How do I do it without hearing her heart shattering and ruining our friendship? I know, it's the most banal of the situations, but I've literally 0 experience with this kind of things... need an advice.

Nobody likes getting no for an answer. Anyway...

The simplest solution is the hardest .. Talk to her when yo've seen she is calm and in god mood.Be honest without circumvent but not be rude, Some empathy will help. Be equally honest with her than with yourself and makes things clear. Try to exclude from your vocabulary words with negative connotations for her not to feel your friendship as a secondhand favor , but as a value that you appreciate a lot.

The rest depends on it.

I've known this girl for some months now, in the gym... she proposed to me... in the sense she told me she likes me. Thing is, I don't see her that way. I was saved by my master, God bless him, who called me for a demo for the youngsters. She finished her training before me, and went away, probably out of shame, I don't know.
Now I have to tell her that I'm not interested in her the same way she's interested in me. How do I do it without hearing her heart shattering and ruining our friendship? I know, it's the most banal of the situations, but I've literally 0 experience with this kind of things... need an advice.

The best thing to do is tell her you don't feel the same way but you still want to be her friend. After that, give her some space for a week or a month - this depends on the person. After that you can try asking her to hangout again but in my experience, once you've told someone you're not interested in them anymore, 99% of them will no longer want to be your friend. In my case, I've only had one friend confess to liking me who I have stayed friends with til this day. All the other guys p.much disappeared out of my life after that so unfortunately you might have to realise that she may do the same, regardless of if you still want to be friends.

Yeah, just be kind and honest and tell her, that you are not interested, but like her as a friend. If you are not mean about it, you have done everything right. It is her decision then, if she wants to take some time or stop being friends or whatever. You shouldn't wait too long though, as it will just make her feel worse, if she doesn't get an answer.
I have experienced that for me it is usually the best to tell someone if I like them and then see, how they respond. If it is not returned, then I can just move on with my feelings. Usually never had a problem with them afterwards, some stayed friends, some didn't, but it was never awkward afterwards.

I don't want to be rude but I don't think "liking someone" is such a big deal. What does it even mean? She wants a relationship? She wants sex? It's not like there are a lot of emotions involved since you've known each other for only months and I assume you haven't been romantic with each other.

If I were you I'd just tell her that you find it flattering but you don't feel the same way. Unless she's really immature I don't see why she would stop talking to you. If anything she might want to stick around and make you change your mind.

Tell her you're flattered, say you value her as a mate, take her out for a meal and a drink to soothe any hard feelings and chance to make a really good mate. I've only got a few lasses as mates, but they're nice to have, and more friends is always good.

I don't want to be rude but I don't think "liking someone" is such a big deal. What does it even mean? She wants a relationship? She wants sex? It's not like there are a lot of emotions involved since you've known each other for only months and I assume you haven't been romantic with each other.

If I were you I'd just tell her that you find it flattering but you don't feel the same way. Unless she's really immature I don't see why she would stop talking to you. If anything she might want to stick around and make you change your mind.

Rejection can be hard for most people. And even if they understand, it can still hurt. A lot of people don't like pain or hurting, so they will avoid the things that cause them pain until it can fade. it depends on how much they are crushing on the other person and a myriad of other factors regarding their personality and how they handle things. Even if one side doesn't feel that way, the other side can have plenty of emotions involved, even if there isn't anything actually there.

@Foxtrot1994 Just be gentle as best you can and try to help makes things not awkward if you value maintaining a friendship afterwards. Or if you are going to be around each other and don't want to make things tense. If those things matter to you. Even if not, being polite never fails to be the better choice.

Those times when people are cursing you for no good reason...keep swearing and swearing...and you just stay calm.
Sounds like a dog who barks but can't bite.
The frustration on their face when they know they can't do anything....brings joy.
It was justified...if something bad (not important at all, believe me...) happens...there's no reason to start rage about it.

-Sorry for going on a different topic here, Good luck man...i'm just not familiar with the situation you are having...but in the end, everything is for the best.
Through pain it is our duty to rise, otherwise we will stay in the bottom.

Those times when people are cursing you for no good reason...keep swearing and swearing...and you just stay calm.
The frustration on their face when they know they can't do anything....brings joy.
It was justified...if something bad (not important at all, believe me...) happens...there's no reason to start rage about it.

That's SO weird. Why would people start insulting you for no reason? Where is this, at a gym? In any case good for you, better not to get involved in pointless arguments specially if they can get physical.

NCO? Yeah eyes forward, chest out, stomach in and answer with a smart Yes Sir! Drives 'em up the fucking wall.

That's SO weird. Why would people start insulting you for no reason? Where is this, at a gym? In any case good for you, better not to get involved in pointless arguments specially if they can get physical.

NCO? Yeah eyes forward, chest out, stomach in and answer with a smart Yes Sir! Drives 'em up the fucking wall.

It even reached to wishing me death, etc...
And for what? Doesn't matter where and when it was, it was just too ridiculous.
But after countering everything he said...the satisfaction was too great.
Cheers for shutting stupid peoples' mouth. :D

@SerieLis Indeed!
:cheers:

@wichat Now I'm starting to wonder what's happened to our Valkyrie as well. Last time this happened, bad things had occurred. Hopefully she's just busy making lots of gifs/coubs/music/taking people to Valhalla/etc. With all the new content that's starting to roll out here, I expect we'll be seeing some awesomeness from her.

O @Валькирия Where Art Thou?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom