The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt IS OFFICIAL!

+
YOU CAN'T TAKE MY METAL!!

Literally. I mean, you -could-, but I'd come apart. Please..please don't.

Indeed please don't. His metal will be tested closer to release when people start flooding in calling for the skyrimification (or more likely the falloutification) of Cyberpunk like what the witcher forums are right now.

Last edited:
Indeed please don't. His metal will be tested closer to release when people start flooding in calling for the skyrimificatiion (or more likely the falloutification) of Cyberpunk like what the witcher forums are right now.

Oh, I have many, many solutions to such blasphemetical heresy.

PONIES.

PONIES EVERYWHERE.

I am -so- going to get de-Modded.

"Sard, you can't just freewheel edit people's posts because they suggest more Skyrim would be good or they'd like Sandevistan instead of Kerenzikov."

"But why?"

"It's not fair! It's un-neutral. Most people don't even know what Sandevistan is."

"They don't even....they are all blasphemers and punishment is their only reward!"

"Sighhh..."

Indeed please don't. His metal will be tested closer to release when people start flooding in calling for the skyrimification (or more likely the falloutification) of Cyberpunk like what the witcher forums are right now.

I think the most frequent and loudest "calls" will be to make it an FPS MMO.

The problem (as I see it) with the calls for skyrim/falloutification is folks also assume this means player added content, after all that's really what makes those games what they are. But while CDPR has released Redkit I suspect the engine (whatever it may be) used for CP2077 won't be compatible. And making mod tools for "semiskilled" players is every bit as time consuming and difficult (if not more so) as making a game in the first place.
I'm not saying it won't happen, but it's unlikely.

---------- Updated at 10:10 PM ----------

I prefer these ponies.
View attachment 12663

Attachments

• 300_ponies_by_flick_the_thief-d3grwir.jpg
    300_ponies_by_flick_the_thief-d3grwir.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 98

The problem (as I see it) with the calls for skyrim/falloutification is folks also assume this means player added content, after all that's really what makes those games what they are. But while CDPR has released Redkit I suspect the engine (whatever it may be) used for CP2077 won't be compatible. And making mod tools for "semiskilled" players is every bit as time consuming and difficult (if not more so) as making a game in the first place.
I'm not saying it won't happen, but it's unlikely.

Yeah pretty much spot on with the FPS RPG part. Although not many people calling for modkits over on the sister forums right now, I just left a thread with people complaining about how swords scale to level but enemies don't. I much rather know how the open world will impact the narrative myself, the witcher is more known for it's superb story above it's gameplay after all. That is a question no one can answer until we play it ourselves though.

For the record my expectations for cyberpunk are similar, an RPG with a rich narrative and immersive world while gameplay elements suit the theme. That is CDPR's staple after all.

For the record my expectations for cyberpunk are similar, an RPG with a rich narrative and immersive world while gameplay elements suit the theme. That is CDPR's staple after all.
Yes. Though I loved skyrim *prepared to be hated* I rather have another game not another Skyrim. Need to have variations of game styles to play, if I get a Skyrim itch I still have it installed until they make another ES game :D

I'm sure CDPR will make another great game can't wait to get real info about this game, seems very interesting.

I loved SKyrim! Great game. Not in my top 20, but lots of fun. I hope Witcher 3 will be everything Skyrim lacked, though.

Skyrim was actually a pretty solid game and beth is the only established player in the open world genre.

The story was atrociously told but you don`t play skyrim for the story.

It would definetely be a stepup over W2 if W3 adopted gameplay mechanics while keeping their talent for storytelling.

If they decide to go the persistent universe route, it would be better to put the emphasis elsewhere then "Massively multiplayer" part.

There is so much bad with the MMO genre, one is at loss as to where to start.

Last edited:
There is so much bad with the MMO genre, one is at loss as to where to start.
Agreed. It not the genre itself that is at fault but how MOST game makers approach the genre. Downgrading gameplay etc... The moment I see the MMO in connection to a game I ignore taht game :p

I don't hate skyrim nor anyone who likes it, but I found the game generally boring and lacking in many places to keep my interest for long. I sought immersion and a living world, and what I got were uninspired quests with uninteresting events and generic characters.

I have hopes that TW3 and Cyberpunk are going to remedy those problems at least.

Tywin Lannister is the Emperor of Nilfgaard.
[video]https://youtu.be/7VFD_oxpVPk[/video]

Last edited:
So. Dilemma.

I badly want the cool effects of maxed Igni fire stream, Axii Jedi Mind Trick and Aard Force Push. Quen, of course, but who rides without that at least. Even Yrden might be a good idea on Dark mode.

But the Sword tree looks so cool and the Alchemy tree is often the most effective at later levels.

Now at Medium and even Hard difficulty, this is no great issue. Pick the most fun.

But on Dark mode, you can pick the most fun and spend a lot of time with your face in the dirt unless you are on the ball every second of a fight. Kind of like Dark Souls - even basic fights are fast death if you aren't careful.

Thus my dilemma. To look cool and have fun playing a mix, or to build for survival -as Geralt would - and have a chance of not spending my time facedown.

Siiigh.

And if Dark is anything like W2 Dark, Signs will be awesome defensively but weak offensively. Lots of kiting will be involved. Urgh.

Forum veteran
Preload started, and some things that popped up had me scratching my head.

What the hell does that mean? That if I load up Cheat Engine and use the speedhack to speed up movement (a must for large open-world games, if you ask me), I'm technically breaking the license agreement? Kind of ridiculous, especially with this part as a consequence:

There are also spoilers in the achievements, so avert your eyes if you're the sensitive type.

Top Bottom