GET READY!

+
Personally, I think saying something during the time of unrest while people are tuned into the scheduled presentation would've had a greater impact rather than waiting until after things die down and move back towards normal, claiming the delay is a sign of respect. Is a social statement really as impactful after the fact? Just my two cents on the matter.
I thought the same thing!

First I was super annoyed by this decision because you have millions of fans outside the US. Then I realized that you'd probably get a lot of hate for not postponing the event like Sony, and repeating the same message like every other company. But what if the riots are still happening come 25th or something else happens?

Thank's for putting some effort to clarify that. I did a bit of research and confess I really didn't know racism was still that big of a deal in the US. It's quite ridiculous to say the least.

It really is a long-standing issue. Nearly in every comment section on Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, Twitter, and other major news source has a racist apologist trying to pass such hateful behaviors as "freedom of speech", which is more like freedom of violent hate speech than anything. And this whole racism isn't exclusively an American issue, it's everywhere. I'm glad game developers and other major companies are sincerely (or not) helping raise our voices and not muting the problem with entertainment. I think it's noble of them, even if cynics believe they're all doing it for PR .

This is one of the reasons why CDPR and other humane folks are trying to help echo our collective stance on the matter, it's because racism also has a voice. That's why there's a delay in 5 minute game trailers, because fuck this.
101537037_1143321186024443_1593827428864782894_n.jpg

Personally, I think saying something during the time of unrest while people are tuned into the scheduled presentation would've had a greater impact rather than waiting until after things die down and move back towards normal, claiming the delay is a sign of respect. Is a social statement really as impactful after the fact? Just my two cents on the matter.

Completely agree. The reality is they need a window for garnering further hype and media attention where nothing is distracting potential buyers form their upcoming product. But all of that is disguised in a nice "solidarity with ethnic minority" wrap.
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
This is undoubtedly the right PR decision from CDPR.

And as long as the game launch itself isn't moving, I'm fine with this... I would be fine there being no news wire as long as the game launches.. But I will keep doubting the game launch to the last with a heavy heart. :(

This is undoubtedly the right PR decision from CDPR.

And as long as the game launch itself isn't moving, I'm fine with this... I would be fine there being no news wire as long as the game launches.. But I will keep doubting the game launch to the last with a heavy heart.

I would love for them to make the release date earlier. 2020 hasn't been great, and I'm worried it's not going to get any better.

The game is finished guys relax. It was already good to go at the original release date they just wanted to polish the game more as it's their most ambitious project yet. It has been said many times already 17th will be the time.

So excited to play this undoubtedly must-have games. Possibly another game of the decade.

The game is finished guys relax. It was already good to go at the original release date they just wanted to polish the game more as it's their most ambitious project yet. It has been said many times already 17th will be the time.

So excited to play this undoubtedly must-have games. Possibly another game of the decade.
So.. uh... where can I get me some of that un-polished cyber?
I need my fix man.. I NEED MY FIX!!

Interesting...Sony bails on its June 4th presentation as a sign of respect for the current day atmosphere, a few days CDPR decides to bail on it's June 11th presentation for the same reason. Well, guess who apparently just moved their presentation to the date CDPR had vacated?

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/p...onfirms/1100-6478127/#comments-block-33496267

Gee, I wonder what makes it OK in their eyes for Sony to hold their presentation in the current climate, even though other voices are still speaking?

"Additionally, Sony confirmed to CNET that the PlayStation division will pledge $1 million to causes supporting the black community. "

Good on them...stepping aside out of a sense of respect for a movement is one thing, but contributing to said movement is on a way better level, IMO.

That's why I don't believe in all these companies getting political all of a sudden. The same for other events which were delayed 1 week ago and are confirmed for this week. Was it good, marketing-wise, to communicate stuff during the riots? No. Is it good to postpone everything further than this week? No. And what if something else happens next week (let's pretend people are not dying in Africa and middle east every day)? Will they delay their events again? In july, middle of summer with people going to the beach? You know the answer.

I'm the biggest enemy of racism and alike, I would also totally support the riot if it was pacific (still, I understand it), but I don't like PR stunts.

So, let's jump on the hype train and hope sony will reveal the console design and its policy in terms of smart delivery, I need to know if I shall buy CP77 on PS4 or wait for SX till november.

11th became vacant, so... Why not.
That's the point...it was pointless in the grand scheme of things that it ever became vacant in the first place. Honestly, the only reason it became vacant was because if two of the worst companies making games out there, EA and Activision, postpone their stuff because of the protests, it's not hard to believe someone in PR figured they could possibly have a really bad look with the public if they went on. They wouldn't have, but I guess they wanted to play it safe. Sony said "Screw it" and just threw cash at the problem, which is not only a really good look for them but actually has the real potential to get stuff done.

Personally, I think it's wrong that entertainment companies are postponing events. Bad **** happens all the time, and as someone who has preordered the game and given CDPR my hard earned cash (including Sony) it really sucks that they're making people wait longer (For what? If you really 'care' make a donation).

The release date being pushed back I can understand (to make the game as best as possible) but streams and new info on upcoming games and products? No, it's not right.

Top Bottom