Get ready for Night City Wire!

+
NCW_date_1920x1080_EN.png

Night City Wire is back — with a special Phantom Liberty episode! We’ll talk about new radios, learn more about Reed from Idris Elba himself, discuss gameplay & new abilities… and throw in a surprise or two. Don’t miss it!

YouTube

Twitch

One thing about this Night City Wire, Phantom Liberty and this whole expansion/2.0 thing in general. There seems to be as much effort put into the trailers, music, marketing and such as most AAA games get for their regular release. It is pretty... amazing?

I'm hopeful CDPR delivers. Seems like they went all out with this one.

Good job, CDPR.

1. Trailer was amazing.
2. Music sounds like it is going to be amazing.
3. The world looks big - I am expecting Phantom Liberty, Dogtown and the story to be... 'substantial'.
4. New skills, combat, etc. all look great.
5. That is pretty rad you are releasing a build planner ahead of time! The only reason I wanted 2.0 was to mess around with that and see what I wanted to play. Now I don't need it until Phantom Liberty drops.

Gotta admit I'm surprised at the September 21st release date for 2.0.

That's only 5 days between the patch and PL. With a weekend in there so really only 3 days to work out any problem 2.0 might bring along before throwing another bunch of content on top.

I'm hoping it's because testing has been extensive and CDPR is extremely confident there won't be any major issue.

Gotta admit I'm surprised at the September 21st release date for 2.0.

That's only 5 days between the patch and PL. With a weekend in there so really only 3 days to work out any problem 2.0 might bring along before throwing another bunch of content on top.

I'm hoping it's because testing has been extensive and CDPR is extremely confident there won't be any major issue.

I guess review copies are going out to influencers and stuff like... now'ish? With review copies going out that early you have to imagine they are extremely confident or they will get torn to shreds come the 26th.

I guess review copies are going out to influencers and stuff like... now'ish? With review copies going out that early you have to imagine they are extremely confident or they will get torn to shreds come the 26th.
True but its not just if its broken or not. Performance will probably be a big factor too and with pre order up and a at best iffy spec sheet.. The sooner people can try it the better id say. Im guessing they are confident tho if copies are going out now, at release it was the day before or something i think?

True but its not just if its broken or not. Performance will probably be a big factor too and with pre order up and a at best iffy spec sheet.. The sooner people can try it the better id say. Im guessing they are confident tho if copies are going out now, at release it was the day before or something i think?

Also... apparently they are allowing reviewers to drop their reviews on the 20th. So six days ahead of time. So they seem... supremely confident, based off of that.

1694713391350.png

Also... apparently they are allowing reviewers to drop their reviews on the 20th. So six days ahead of time. So they seem... supremely confident, based off of that.

View attachment 11361457
Yea i just heard a first impressions of 2.0 patch from a youtuber. He said the 20th too so they are confident. He also said he did not notice any performance drop so im starting to think the new specs are just to get around something tbh -.- Not sure how tech savy he is tho so

They are only hyping up the features and ignoring whats actually important. People need to know if their system is going to run it at whatever settings they have been running cyberpunk.

All the features are pointless if you can't run the game even on low setting. when you could before.

Everyone is so focused on all the shiny stuff and ignoring system specs.

They are only hyping up the features and ignoring whats actually important. People need to know if their system is going to run it at whatever settings they have been running cyberpunk.
… Players will have time to check whether their PC work well enough prior PL release. 2.0 is for free, so I don’t see much reasons to complain in this regard…

Last edited:
One thing about this Night City Wire, Phantom Liberty and this whole expansion/2.0 thing in general. There seems to be as much effort put into the trailers, music, marketing and such as most AAA games get for their regular release. It is pretty... amazing?

I'm hopeful CDPR delivers. Seems like they went all out with this one.
In the trailer announcing the date you can see bugs in maxtac or lack of work, in the scene in which they are going to get off the AV, the first maxtac holds a pistol as if it were a rifle, the second is in the position of holding a weapon but he doesn't have one, since he uses mantis blades, which by the way go through the sleeve as if it were nothing, then when he lands the first one's weapon magically changes from pistol to rifle, in another scene a few seconds later, a maxtac is seen typing something in an invisible screen on his arm, not if it is a bug or laziness on the part of the developers but I hope it is fixed in future patches, these types of things are scary, it is as if not even in the trailers they can hide the bugs and lack of work

Sorry, have corrected it. Was posting from phone and had in post one old quote which I wrongly edited.

Well, I don't think I personally will have problems running 2.0, but it is easy to understand why some people could be angry if 2.0 does not perform as well as the game they paid full price for a while back, free update or not. Especially for those who bought it on platforms that do not easily allow rollback.

Again, I am not personally implicated or concerned, but their criticism or skepticism is entirely understandable and reasonable.

Price does not matter at all in that discussion.

Top Bottom