Get ready for REDstreams!

+

Lilayah

CD PROJEKT RED

Tsstsstss is this🎙️on? PREEM!

Get ready for the next episode of REDstreams, where our hosts Amelia Kołat and Alicja Kozera, together with their guests: Kacper Niepokólczycki (Lead Environment Artist) and Gabe Amatangelo (Game Director), will discuss several features that come with the next major update and PhantomLiberty expansion! Gameplay included 😎

Interested? Tune in to our Twitch channel on August 24th at 4 PM CEST.

During the stream, we will also host a short Q&A session with our devs.

If you have any burning questions about Dogtown and its characters, police systems, new skills and perks or car combat, drop them on our official Forum and Discord channels, links below!

Forum

Discord

But worry not! Our not-so-hostile AIs will also scout the Twitch chat for your questions! 🦾

See you soon, chooms!

Yeah that song is incredible. I hope it's in the game. As for the new gameplay features...holy shit it looks so much better. The new abilities and car combat are much better than I was expecting. And the police system looks like pure chaos. The dynamic events seem fun and pretty varied. Can't wait to get my hands on this

Great job, the police system is totally new, nothing to do with what was before.

The vehicle combat looks great, although we haven't seen it in first person shooting with your gun.

Vehicle AI has been developed for car and motorcycle combat. It seems that they have problems with motorcycle npcs circulating around the city outside of combat, I would like to know what insurmountable problem they have with that.

I would like to see in the next broadcast how the gangs act now, if they use their vehicles to persecute you.

I like the infinite missions, they give much more hours of play.

Cyberpunk 2077 has gone to version 2.0 and I really like what I see, great job.

I hope there can be a few more improvements before I close the door for good.

When is the next broadcast? We have only seen a few improvements of the many that will be.

Last edited:
That remix of Kerry's Yacht Song playing five minutes before the stream was interesting....are we going to get that song at some point, finished and with lyrics?

What kind of spoilers are we talking about? Base game or PL?

Also, do we know if he stream will be uploaded to YouTube as well?
Its just me and not a complain at all. If I didn't want to see any kind of spoilers, I shouldn't have watched the stream :D
But they revealed few things of the beginning of Phantom Liberty quest line that I would prefer to discover by my own, but nothing "major" anyway.
You can also rewatch the Stream on Twitch :

Its just me and not a complain at all. If I didn't want to see any kind of spoilers, I shouldn't have watched the stream :D
But they releve few things to the beginning of Phantom Liberty that I would prefer to discover by my own, but nothing "major" anyway.
You can also rewatch the Stream on Twitch :
I'm just extra wary given that I have not finished the base game. So, I'm worried about spoilers in regards to the ending.

I'm just extra wary given that I have not finished the base game. So, I'm worried about spoilers in regards to the ending.
No, nothing really important about the base game nor Phantom Liberty. But if you want avoid any kind of spoiler, skip the beginning of the Stream :)
I was a bit surprised they showed us a good chunk of the dialogue when Songbird introduce herself to V o_O

About police it's good that it's now "believable", even if honestly to me it has never been a "thing", I mean... last thing a mercenary want is getting into conflict with police while trying to climb the ranks and make money with gigs . In my previous playthroughs if by chance I've involuntary messes with NC police I use to reload, and not because how it was implemented but because I really didn't give a damn about getting into fights with them...
Instead, I was hoping to see more life in NC or things related to it, like activities to "chill" after a gig and not think about V's destiny. Some "extra" activities that didn't concern in gigs etc but the pure experience of the context, the beautiful NC, but it seems the same scenic lifeless "trueman show". Hope I'm wrong.

But they revealed few things of the beginning of Phantom Liberty quest line that I would prefer to discover by my own, but nothing "major" anyway.
Yeah,
I felt like it was pretty major - the prolonged pieces of gameplay from the crucial part of the main story, visible dialogues as well, and an explanation of how V gets the relic tree.

Also, the part with Kurt's past (braindance...?) was a big spoiler for me.

These pieces of gameplay and the knowledge of how the playthrough is structured have a big impact on how I think about the expansion in general. So I am disappointed they did show them.

But hey, there's surely much more in the store.
Looks awesome, can't wait :ok:

@Lilayah
Feedback on the latest RED stream

Disclaimer: I liked what specifically about Phantom Liberty developers and community managers said and showed on the stream, but there are questions, on my personal opinion, about how they did it this time.

The stream showed interesting gameplay demos, but in my opinion, commenting on them in real time was a bad idea. The developers got confused, the hosts asked the same questions, not always adequate to what was happening on screen, the conversations some times went completely strange way. As an example, in the demo you showed a rather significant spoiler from the beginning of the story (Songbird and Johnny), but you did it in the most uninteresting and boring way. Where all the attention was drawn to the conversations of the hosts and developers, including not very successful jokes. And interesting skirmishes between developers and community managers often did not fall into what was shown on the screen. At the same time, the developers said really interesting things, showed very interesting demonstrations. It was not possible to discuss this in real time.
As a result, I was bored watching the broadcast, despite the fact that I am very interested in information about the game. On the resources that I follow, the discussion of this stream was almost ten times less than any other more or less big news on Phantom Liberty, despite 4-5 interesting gameplay demos from the stream.

How could it be better:

Show separed demo with pre-recorded developer comments. After that, discuss them live. It was possible to hold discussions after each episode separately. At the same time, the demo does not need to be interrupted by full screenplans with the developers - if you want to show a segment of the game, then show a segment of the game, do not interrupt it with something else. Or. If you want a real live broadcast, then you need to show how the developers play live and comment on what is happening(like you did before). As for me, mixing the two genres together did not work.

I liked the stream, you can really see how passionate they are, and the bits we got to see looked very cool. Personally I was fine with the format of things being quite conversational and not perfectly scripted, mainly because I don't need everything to be super ultra clear right now; right now I'm fine getting just enough information to hook me, to put some question marks in my mind, because I know it'll all become clearer as I actually play it.

@Hades2078 suggestion of separating demo footage from the live discussion, and alternating back and forth between the two might be worth trying out in a future stream, but honestly I was fine with it as is. I'm not sure what Hades means by "skirmishes" though? I didn't see any of that. There were some stage nerves on display maybe but that's perfectly normal and to be expected. Overall I thought they did well, and I really liked the enthusiasm. Also not sure what Hades means by "not very successful jokes"? It was a fairly loose Q&A stream that was discursive/conversational; it's not as if it was formatted like a show with scripted gags or anything.

Anyway, liked it overall! Can't wait to play PL... :beer::cool:

I agree that overall it was fine.

With that said, I personally thought it lacked structure. There were numerous times where things were going down X road and then someone went "should we talk about this now? No. Wait (half a second passes) NOW". It felt a bit disorganized. Considering how big all of this is, I expected a more structured approach and it ended up going in weird ways here and there.

Ultimately though, the information that needed to be shared was shared, the needed announcements were made and everything I saw was a positive change so I don't really care.

To be clear, it's also understandable. Par of it, as @koalahugs said, is definitely due to stage nerves. It's no easy task to do this.

"GET READY FOR REDSTREAMS!"

Great stream REDS, really enjoyed it.

Watched Songbird's intro over 10 times as I was very pleasurably shocked and awed when she touched that despicable gonk when he least expected it and shut him up. That was super awesome! Wish you guys had introduced her at launch.

Immediately noticed after that there was no option for V to ask what she had done with him, effectively signaling that no bond had (yet) been established, and thus V can expect a call from Songbird right at the beginning of Act 2.

Well, if Songbird is to be a substitute for that despicable gonk, then it's not that she can save V's life, she already has.

Well, if Songbird is to be a substitute for that despicable gonk, then it's not that she can save V's life, she already has.
Maybe I misunderstand your post (and I'm sorry in advance), but :
As far as I understand, Songbird not really a substitute to Johnny. Johnny is still on the Relic but disabled. Outside of Dogtown, if you return to the base game quests, Johnny come back as normal (in short, Songbird could replace Johnny only during Phantom Liberty quests).

Last edited:
Top Bottom