[poll] all cp2077 romance options revealed. do you like any of them?

+

do you find any of the revealed characters attractive?

• Total voters
If any game / book / TV/ movie is any good most people will become invested into the characters as i have done many many times thru different media .

Oh, I wasn't trying to use a 'what if' to try and get you to say you'd like romances. I was merely curious if you could envisage a romance that would add to your experience and, if so, what kind of level of detail and depth would be required.

Just thought it'd be interesting to know from a design perspective.

I misinterpreted you... sorry about that.

I gave the topic at some point a bit of thought in the past and the way I see it, the best way to really let it flourish and give the player the freedom to pursue it would be to arrange a situation in a medieval or alike setting where the player would be given an option to go for an old fashioned "marriage for peace between rivals", where the player would be allowed to pursue the situation in different ways. Romance, exploitation, deception, negligence, or full blown denial of the whole ordeal, etc. and its handling would be close to the backbone of the unfolding storyline.

Or something to that effect, not going any further with the thought right now...

If any game / book / TV/ movie is any good most people will become invested into the characters as i have done many many times thru different media .
Remember back with certain episodes of Game of Thrones, especially the finale, there were actual news reports of people having to take mental health days because of what happened to their favorite characters, or news reports of companies legit offering grief counseling after Negan and Lucille's introduction on The Walking Dead?

I misinterpreted you... sorry about that.

I gave the topic at some point a bit of thought in the past and the way I see it, the best way to really let it flourish and give the player the freedom to pursue it would be to arrange a situation in a medieval or alike setting where the player would be given an option to go for an old fashioned "marriage for peace between rivals", where the player would be allowed to pursue the situation in different ways. Romance, exploitation, deception, negligence, or full blown denial of the whole ordeal, etc. and its handling would be close to the backbone of the unfolding storyline.

Or something to that effect, not going any further with the thought right now...

I haven’t tried them myself but, have you played the Crusader Kings series? I think they handle relationships just the way you described them there, and a bit more.

I haven’t tried them myself but, have you played the Crusader Kings series? I think they handle relationships just the way you described them there, and a bit more.

Yes, I know about those games. I haven't played the CK series, but as far as I know they are grand stragegies with a twist, not RPG's (that's one reason why I haven't).

I am going to get to them at some point in the future, I've been meaning to for a long time, but right now my gaming is pretty limited due to reasons. The next thing I'm going to play is probably CP2077.

It kinda irks me that I had to leave Wasteland 3 hanging and I probably need to start over when I next have time for gaming.

But anyways...

I understand and didn't mean to imply that a lack of empathy was only ever asssociated with potentially 'dangerous' indivduals :eek:

I've never thought you might be a sociopath Fridgey ;)

I have noticed that most of your posts are intense and highly detailed, almost overwhelmingly so sometimes ;), but that's cool and shows passion. You keep doing you, you know? :)

Sorry to hear you got crap from teachers - must have been difficult! Still, you seem to have dealt with it really well and come out top judging from your description.

I also understand what you mean about having things slightly spoiled. I'm kinda trying to forget who I've seen so far in the trailers in an attempt to confuse myself about who is romanceable. I was a bit shockes thay they'd all appeared in trailers at some point. I'd prefer to be surprised. I'm sure I've avoided seeing a couple of the options, at least. Or that I've seen them but don't know they are options, heh.
I also don't mean to imply that I think you implied implications that you didn't imply Lol
I just wanted to share a different perspective just in case, not even directed at you, or myself, just in general so that anyone reading could also have an interesting learning experience (just in case they never heard of that before) lol
So everything is cool, and I hope I didn't imply I was angry with you, because I'm totally not, and I think you're awesome!

The whole teachers thing was a funny (not funny) (true) story I inserted because I figured it had relevant meaning to the whole thing, and would better facilitate understanding of what I was trying to convey. So I was like, what the heck I will share it. I too was also hoping for fun surprise options. This is why I hope that one guy in the twitch steam was just a friendly master troll wizard ( lol ) or something, and hopefully they are totally wrong, and the game actually has more options than I realize.
If my posts seem passionate I guess it's because I care very strongly for this game, because It's going to be a good experience.

Good experiences are like a shot glass of water in a never ending desert in this world. I voice my opinions because I hope that they will be noticed and even just slightly barely minimally humbly considered. All of my criticisms and all of my praise, all of my hopes and hope nots are to let CDPR know that I care about them, since they're the best publisher and dev team in the entire world, and to show them that people like me that care a lot, care about the game. Alot. (and also obviously care about them)

At the end of the day, it's their game, and I have no intention of whining my way into success of any kind, and I also highly doubt and humbly doubt my words are influential in any way, but it's worth sharing because the discussion that comes out is very valuable and enjoyable. I get moments, and other people get moments where we think, and it's good brain fuel/brain exercise.

It's also pretty neat bumping into the same internet faces every now and then and going "haha hey there's this other cool person that I usually find some pretty good common ground with every once in a while, what's up friend!?"

Also I find that plain text on a screen doesn't really do well for conveying tone or emotions and even just a voice over a phone call is still inadequate for proper communication to take place. So I actually have to try to paint a picture with words and also videos, images, and memes (back full circle to the ancient egyptian hieroglyphics lol!) to really get the right emotion, tone, meaning, and information and all that across. ( even if my sense of humor can be pretty weird sometimes lmao )

So yea, I guess I'm just putting this all out here since it just feels like the right moment to just share it. But yea, I guess a bit of a rant. I just try my best. ( Just wait until I come up with some cool theories when the game comes out! I'm probably going to get such good theories on things in the game, that I will force myself to save and quit and start posting threads on the forums with stuff like "GUYS I JUST FIGURED OUT THE DEEPEST HIDDEN !@#$ EVER" Just wait lol. Just wait. Well, we will see right. Maybe not though. All depends on what's in the game.
chairs.png

lake placide.png
organs shattered.png

This Is The Internet.png

I really hope to find some nice romance options in Cyberpunk2077 that change how I currently feel.
As I said, hopefully the nice guy in the twitch stream is just being a friendly troll wizard :ROFLMAO: and then the game comes out and everything is amazing. :shrug:
I want to get some giggity giggity with 2 if possible. lol
It would be pretty cool if somehow V was such a cool person that 100% of all the dating options all fell in love with them, and if at the end of the game, they all decide it's okay if they all stay in love together with V, and don't betray them by teasing V and pretending to love them and then dumping them and laughing in their face so that they grow old and die alone.... UNLIKE SOME OTHER GAME...... :disapprove:
(angry face is not directed at you or at anyone, just making a weird joke)
Remember back with certain episodes of Game of Thrones, especially the finale, there were actual news reports of people having to take mental health days because of what happened to their favorite characters, or news reports of companies legit offering grief counseling after Negan and Lucille's introduction on The Walking Dead?
Or when people got post-Avatar depression (because blue cat people that breath alien planet gas living in pretty glowing plant jungle world full of floating mountains made out of unobtainable magnets with six legged jaguars and those hair tentacle things was so enchanting in comparison to our world, and also SIGOURNEY WEAVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: )
Legit, I got depressed too for a while. JAKE SULLY, NO NO, THAT IS YOUR SOUP DRINKER!

Seriously, I can't believe Sigourney Weaver isn't in Cyberpunk2077. She could be my Cyber-Mommy any F!@#$%NG DAY!

Last edited:
I need to say this,

For me as a player a MASSIVE part of why I love RPG's is the romance. I'm currently in the middle of playing Dragon Age: Inquisition and I'm so in love with the options you have for romance, each and every character has it's own unique and amazing personality. I personally feel this really adds to my personal prefence of play style.

I'm am so BEYOND disappointed in the romance for Cyberpunk. I've spent thousands of dollars and supported this game to the end of time, but silly things like shitty romance options (literally ONE STRAIGHT OPTION AND ONE GAY OPTION) can really ruin an entire game for me, I love basing my actions around characters whom I want to end up with and watching them both grow. I was initally playing the game in hope I could end up with Takemura (which I'm sure everyone woman on the planet was in the same boat - seriously don't make attractive characters if you're going to lock them off). His character is just so overwhelmingly great and I really wanted to be able to have him as a companion. Though I haven't finished the game yet so I do not know what the is in store for Takemura, I was still hoping to have some kind of relationship with him.

I feel like romance is RPG's really make the game so much better. And seriously, CD you KNEW what you were doing when you made Judy a female only romance. Half the world lost its head when you announced her, yet you've made her a locked optionf or female characters only. I hate this crap, mainly because it's a VIDEO GAME, its FICTIONAL yet you give NPC's a perefence, gee just let them have both genders and ROLEPLAY they're straight/gay.

I came to this forum, I can see a lot of people agree. I hope these are things CDPR take into consideration into the future, the shitty romance and the fact us vanity driven players can't stare at our own characters at will does make this game a little bit of a disappointment

Please CDPR, make some changes in the future. We were PRAYING we could romance Johnny, knowing it was unrealsitc but seriously, the options you HAVE given us are pretty pathetic or unfair on the general public as a whole.

I'm a straight woman, I don't want to romance Judy and I certainly don't want to have the option of ONE RANDOM DUDE.

I want someone we have a connection and story with, someone who has been there almost from the start.. Seen you rise and fall, perhaps they hated you to begin with then saw your true colours kind of thing. It's fiction, let us have this slice of romance!

I haven't looked the video, but I noticed more than one romance guide was wrong regarding Stout...

I had a one-night stand with her as female V. So she is Bi?

Short answer? No I don't like them at all. (I would have loved to romance Meredith with a female V but she is only a fling. But honestly any other option than Judy would have been nice)

Longer answer: The past months they made it seem like there would so much choice and little restriction to romance/sex/relationships, they put so much emphasis on the freedom and choice you have when telling your Vs story. But now we get four romance options. Four! One for each gender/sexuality combo. So if you/your V are not bi and you don't like the one (1) choice you are given? Your Vs story doesn't have a romance at all. There is no choice. You only have the choice between having a romance and not having a romance in your story. If you only have four romance options at least make them bi. Or add two additional characters for each gender who are also bi.

I know romance isn't the main focus of the game but the way they advertised this vs what we got is just really disappointing. I would have been fine with one or two additional romances that didn't have that much depth but would give you at least an option. I don't expect the depth or variety other games have to offer but any CHOICE at all would have been nice.

I am a lesbian woman, I want to play as a female V and I only want to romance another woman. I am not interested in Judy at all. So I don't have a romance option. I heard this from a lot of other people too and yea... if you make your choices so limited then maybe don't limit them further with gender/sexuality restrictions. Variety and choice is more important to me than "lesbian representation" in this case. My first choice would have been Meredith btw but she is only a one night stand and not a romance at all. And now I heard that her getting it on with a female V is a bug that will be patched out. Which is... kinda funny but also again disappointing.

Last edited:
Yes but it's reported to be a bug and will most likely be patched. But even if it wasn't, (and as I also said) Meredith is still only a one night stand and not a full romance so my point sadly stands :(

Its not like it needs to be, they do nothing that would strike you as strange in all-female action. None of the strategic parts are shown, and might as well involve that iconic dildo thats on the bed when you arrive..

I only said yes because Judy compared to other games including the Witcher series. The game COMPLETELY failed on this topic in my opinion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom