The six month montage after the prologue should have been the main bulk of the game. [Opinion!]

+
The Nomad intro is by far the weakest of the three. You drive to the radio tower, radio your old clan, meet Jackie, cross the border and them wham 6 months later. WTF is that?​
Naah you are wrong... The corpo one is the weakest.. you dont even finish your mission. You meet jackie and they take your corpo job. That is it.. and it doesnt even have a follow up.. and corpos in this game should have attacked you.. Abernathy should have send killers after you.. She didnt..

Naah you are wrong... The corpo one is the weakest.. you dont even finish your mission. You meet jackie and they take your corpo job. That is it.. and it doesnt even have a follow up.. and corpos in this game should have attacked you.. Abernathy should have send killers after you.. She didnt..
Hmm my fault. Haven't done the Corpo intro yet, from this rundown I don't think I want to either.​

The corpo job...imo was the stronger lifepath. That being said (if the nomad's one is truly as bad/worse than the streetkid's) it is not something to be praised for exactly:)
....my problem with the corpo lifepath, as it is, is that I am confused about V's place. I thought she was to be some sort of master assassin, but she seems way too weak and unprepared to be one. It was like Jackie was supposed to fix/find her everything for her to succeed. If she was just some influential manager - same problem. No connections to the underworld etc. Jackie was her only option and I don't understand why.
...that said I have...a big problem with the streetkid lfepath - we apparently are an idiot. We stroll into a high end/rich people's garage and expect it to be a walk in the park? No prep work or paying a fixer to get us more info or something? No thought about the consequences of stealing such a rare car. Nope - I am sure the guy has it because he is very merciful or something:)

Hmm my fault. Haven't done the Corpo intro yet, from this rundown I don't think I want to either.
A shame really, as I just love the idea of it. Someone so high falls and must learn to live in a (pretty much) completely different world and on top of that become someone who others will think twice about taking advantage of? Yes that sounds like a very interesting char.....too bad we didn't get to experience that (should have been act1), but oh well /sigh

Last edited:
Where exactly do people get this idea that they had a completed story before Keanu joined the project and then scrapped it in favor of giving the focus to Silverhand and dropping everything else?

Personally no I would not wanted to play with Jackie that long. Mabey if hey gave you a choice of " Jackie" in the form of other companions maybe then.

Honestly to be able to choose your partner and also have them be able to be romanced would have been better.

Sense of false urgency was my issue with side quests on the first play too.
But if you haven't, YOU MUST GIVE THEM A PLAY, they are amazing.
Some of them, at least.

Where exactly do people get this idea that they had a completed story before Keanu joined the project and then scrapped it in favor of giving the focus to Silverhand and dropping everything else?

....nowhere as far as I know, but I don't follow dev interviews and such so...
But I assume it is mostly because of the more options you had in the gameplay demo 2 years ago, and maybe they had to cut the content to add more Silverhand? But who knows what the truth is. My personal problem with it is the sense of(false but still) urgency that sort of prevents you (or at least discourages you) from experiencing the open world. Too fast you meet the fixers etc. And speaking of fixers it is kinda strange how Dex want to hire you and Jackie. I know it is mostly T-bug, but considering what the job is....you want some veteran solo. But maybe that was supposed to be a red flag for you....but you can't do anything with it:)

....nowhere as far as I know, but I don't follow dev interviews and such so...
But I assume it is mostly because of the more options you had in the gameplay demo 2 years ago, and maybe they had to cut the content to add more Silverhand? But who knows what the truth is. My personal problem with it is the sense of(false but still) urgency that sort of prevents you (or at least discourages you) from experiencing the open world. Too fast you meet the fixers etc. And speaking of fixers it is kinda strange how Dex want to hire you and Jackie. I know it is mostly T-bug, but considering what the job is....you want some veteran solo. But maybe that was supposed to be a red flag for you....but you can't do anything with it:)
I think devs themselves said the Kaenu's role doubled: https://www.pcgamer.com/keanu-reeve...cyberpunk-2077-because-he-enjoyed-it-so-much/
Then in 2018 demo, before Keanu's involvement, the radio mentions that Silverhand died in 2076
Also in same demo the character creator was more in depth regarding your back story with different childhood heroes being one.
Character_Sheet_-_Cyberpunk_2077.jpg

Thank you for the links and I know about the changed CC. Personally I am ok with the character creator we have(although it could use some more body tattoos as we have...4 or something?). And I wonder why no body sizes.

I finally completed CP2077 the other day, and I'm actually quite satisfied with the Story and Endings playing as a female Nomad.
I also didn't really mind the 6 month montage as a Nomad, chemistry between Jackie and Nomad V just worked.
But don't get me wrong I am agreeing with the OP here: Before the world really opens up to you you already have Johnny in your head and get the feeling that you need to resolve that issue ASAP. I think they could leave the montage in, but extend the period between the montage and the Heist gig... I think it would have been much better paced if you could explore the city more, do more fixer jobs; maybe even need to rise to certain rank before actually being contacted by Dax for that "life-changing" gig.

I feel like the prologue might be with all this six months events as playable missions, but was cut off almost entirely during development.

After my second playthrough i agree, the johnny silverhand storyline should be the climax of the story, it should literally be the third act of the game, maybe even the second act, but the first 10-15 hours of the game should be you building the rep required for anyone to think you should be stealing from yorinobu arasaka. Its actually insane when you think about it, that rookie V and Jackie even got the job in the first place. What Fixer worth their salt would give that job to two nobodies like them? There is an arguement to be made that dex chose you for that reason, that he planned on killing you on success or failure of the mission, but even still.

If you had good 10-20 hours of gameplay where you are doing the missions in the montage building a reputation, that story would make more sense and the events that unfolded afterwards would be much more impactful.

And whats great about this suggestion is, they could still do it, they could still add all of this to the game and retain the heart of the silverhand adventure that comes afterwards.
I thought the whole thing was a set up and Jackie and V were being set up for Saburo's murder or something.

They didn't rewrite the story. Jackie was always going to be your best friend who dies in the first act.

I agree, Silverhand should've been a sequel or at least DLC. The whole point of this game should've been V and Jackie becoming legends of Night City. It would've made everything much more impactful (losing Jackie, relationship between Mama Welles and Misty, befriending fixers, buying cars, etc)

This game needs at least 1.5 years of work. And then re-released

Please no. I don't see the reason for it to re-release. That being said I expect them to release/add enhanced edition, where they could re-pace the main quest and add some content hopefully.
...and maybe add another act so the game doesn't start so suddenly...

I don't personally agree, I don't get why everyone is so in love with Jackie, I mean he was a cool character but not overly deep, and kind of felt sort of like the stereotypical Latino sidekick. I would have enjoyed some more time with him before he died, but I am personally a much bigger fan of Silverhand's dialogue. The way he goes from a total jerk to slowly being more sympathetic to you and then cheering you on made me feel like I earned his respect. And he's made me laugh out loud more than at game character I can think of.

EDIT - actually, the Nameless One is a close tie.

Top Bottom