1FPS when game is in focus, 80FPS when game is in background.

+
I'll keep this as short as possible while trying to answer questions you might come up with to help me solve this issue. I've clocked over 80 hours and never ran into performance issues aside from the ones everyone is dealing with right now. I have installed one mod to optimize the ram/vram pool, and it didn't affect my performance in any noticeable way for the first day I had it installed. After turning my computer on and launching Cyberpunk the next day, I was getting 1FPS in the startup screen, 1FPS in menus, and 1FPS in game. After noticing this I immediately closed the game and replaced the modded file with a backup I made, but of course nothing changed. I doubted it was a mod or altered game file that was causing this problem, since I had never gotten this problem before having played as long as I have with modified game files (The other modified files I have just change keybinds). I could bypass this 1FPS problem for a few seconds using the windows key to bring the game out of and back into focus, allowing me a couple seconds of normal framerate before returning to 1FPS. After wrestling with it for a few seconds, I was able to navigate to my save and load it, and eventually get into the menu and change my display setting to borderless fullscreen. When I brought the game out of focus to try and google this problem, I could now see the game running in the background, 80FPS, buttery smooth animations. It's also worth noting my GPU and CPU were both at around 30% usage. Usually, my CPU and GPU are where they should be for my setup (CPU 100%, GPU 70-90%). It seems like the game thinks it's in focus when it's out of focus, and out of focus when in focus.

CPU - Intel Core i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
GPU - GeForce RTX 2060
RAM - 16GB

Thanks in advance for reading.
Post automatically merged:

Forgot to mention I already uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Gonna try reinstalling the drivers next.

Top Bottom