2.01 bricked every single one of my saves on Series X

+
Yup, support got back to me and told me it was a problem with the install, and I should do a power cycle/reinstall even though I told them initially that I'd already tried that.

Further assistance advised that I should try not to use my WiFi when the game is downloading (??!) and clearing my Series X's fan. There are lots of people encountering this issue, I seriously doubt all of them have a borked install.
It certainly seems like lots of Xbox users have this issue. Like you said, no way so many people have a bad install, and at least in my experience, a bad install is really rare on my Xbox.
At one point tech support asked me to reinstall again, this time using an Ethernet cable. I wasn’t about to buy a 100+ foot cable just to install again.

but the fact that they kept asking me to reinstall instead of acknowledging this is an issue to be fixed worries me. I’m almost assuming they are not going to address this in a future patch…

At one point tech support asked me to reinstall again, this time using an Ethernet cable. I wasn’t about to buy a 100+ foot cable just to install again.
Haha, well I actually do have my Series X connected to my router via Ethernet and still have the problem, so there's that.

I've been playing this game and writing support tickets since it came out, and a reinstall is almost always something that gets suggested, even when a later patch showed it was something their end.
I suspect this one is something either CDPR or Microsoft's side though, like when the 1.5 update made PS4 physical copies unplayable.

I have reinstalled twice now with a ethernet cable and it still happens. Reinstalling does not work it seems. If the next patch they still recommend a reinstall I’ll do it a 3rd time and hope for the best. I am on a physical copy if that helps or means anything.

Last edited:
If on Xbox series;
Go to your library, don't boot "Cyberpunk" but try finding "phantom liberty DLC" boot that and everything should work fine. Works for me. Booting Cp2077 drops errors and "PL SAVE", BOOTING pl dlc -> works

If on Xbox series;
Go to your library, don't boot "Cyberpunk" but try finding "phantom liberty DLC" boot that and everything should work fine. Works for me. Booting Cp2077 drops errors and "PL SAVE", BOOTING pl dlc -> works
I can’t see any separate phantom liberty DLC to click on in my games library.
I only see the main game (phantom liberty is already installed as an add on).

Sadly 2.01 on Xbox series X has broken my game too. I've reinstalled and the problem keeps arising. Seems that every time I fix the issue it appears again the next time I come to play the game. It always takes a good minute or two before It'll allow me past the Start Menu then I'm greeted with the Generic Popup "Lorem ipsum sit amen dolar". All of my saves are now named "phantom liberty" and I can't load the game because apparently I haven't installed the DLC.

Closing the game and restarting a dozen times as quoted by Grungehead47 sadly does nothing for me. Only solution I've found is to delete all game data and sync the cloud saves. This has worked for me up until today and now I'm just completely stuck.

Please fix this a soon as possible.
Post automatically merged:

If on Xbox series;
Just saw your message after posting mine below. This seemed to work for me. I had to search for Phantom liberty in the Xbox store and clicked "manage you own this" and it gave me an option to install (even tho I already had in it installed several times). It took 2 seconds to download as you'd expect because I already had the files. This then gave me the phantom liberty icon on my Xbox's recently opened apps. When I select this it allows me to actually play the game.

Thanks
Post automatically merged:

I can’t see any separate phantom liberty DLC to click on in my games library.
I only see the main game (phantom liberty is already installed as an add on).
This seemed to work for me. I had to search for Phantom liberty in the Xbox store and clicked "manage you own this" and it gave me an option to install (even tho I already had in it installed several times). It took 2 seconds to download as you'd expect because I already had the files. This then gave me the phantom liberty icon on my Xbox's recently opened apps. When I select this it allows me to actually play the game.

Last edited:
I've been getting round the "Generic Popop" problem by clearing the Blu-Ray persistent storage before starting the game. Works every time.
I won't back down on the support ticket though and tech support just got back to me today with this comment:

"I received some answers from our Core Engine team and we believe that there may be an issue with your Xbox Series X itself. I advise you to contact the Xbox Support Team on the matter so they can check on your Xbox."

Blaming Microsoft isn't going to fix the issue CDPR. Obviously CDPR have no idea what they did to cause the problem and no intention of fixing it. I find that to be really pathetic.

CDPR story writers and graphic artists have created something amazing, it's a shame the programmers are not as talented.

"I received some answers from our Core Engine team and we believe that there may be an issue with your Xbox Series X itself. I advise you to contact the Xbox Support Team on the matter so they can check on your Xbox."
My support reply said it was a faulty install. Sounds like support are just dodging the issue again. I really, really doubt every Xbox owner experiencing this intermittent problem has an issue with their console. Oh, talk to Microsoft. Yeah, great. Let's all get on to MS and submit a service order request for our machines (!)

The issue started with the 2.01 patch (or the borked one CDPR released prior) and there's clearly something going on with login/verification. The game was fine prior to Phantom Liberty.
I'll be interested to see if the upcoming patch fixes it or if it's related to the missing preorder car.

Getting to the point where I give CDPR products a wide fucking berth in future.

I've been getting round the "Generic Popop" problem by clearing the Blu-Ray persistent storage before starting the game. Works every time.
I won't back down on the support ticket though and tech support just got back to me today with this comment:

Blaming Microsoft isn't going to fix the issue CDPR. Obviously CDPR have no idea what they did to cause the problem and no intention of fixing it. I find that to be really pathetic.

CDPR story writers and graphic artists have created something amazing, it's a shame the programmers are not as talented.
I doubt it have something to do with the Xbox itself, or it would mean that all Xbox Series have an issue.
I assume it rather have something to do with the 2.01 update, the expansion received an update but the game itself didn't (game update was released afterward). I guess, something broke/messed up at this time.
I'm pretty confident that the next update (2.02) will put everything back in order and will fix the issue :)

I can confirm (at least for me), that 2.02 did not fix this issue. I still got the pop up error about 2 out of 4 times loading the game. The only difference is that instead of the pop up being in gibberish, it now says PL was not properly installed. But of course no amount of reinstalling will fix the problem because it’s not really a bad install that’s the root of the problem!
I think at this point I have given up all hope that it will be fixed and I’m just used to immediately exiting and restarting the game whenever this happens which is definitely an inconvenience.

But at least I received the bonus car with 2.02

Last edited:
I started playing Cyberpunk 2077 on my Xbox one (about 3 years ago) and had several glitches (like copies of Johnny's outfit that I couldn't get rid of, or Skippy the same way), but I stuck with my original save file/character and ported it to my Xbox X series S.
The Phantom Liberty has run like trash, with crashes and now all my saves are corrupted.
How is this game still so broken after 3 years and 21 patches?

I started playing Cyberpunk 2077 on my Xbox one (about 3 years ago) and had several glitches (like copies of Johnny's outfit that I couldn't get rid of, or Skippy the same way), but I stuck with my original save file/character and ported it to my Xbox X series S.
The Phantom Liberty has run like trash, with crashes and now all my saves are corrupted.
How is this game still so broken after 3 years and 21 patches?
I'm not surprised you encounter a lot of issues by loading a 3 years old save... The game still have issues/bugs, but loading a (very) old save doesn't help at all ;)

Edit : check here, in case it's "only" your local saves which appear to be "corrupted" and try to retrieve "non corrupted" ones from the cloud :

Last edited:
Top Bottom