Game crash after the phantom liberty DLC install in Xbox Series X

+
Hello

I was playing yesterday the intro of Cyberpunk with the version 2.0 with no issues, but today the game crash whe is going to show the menu, after the phantom liberty DLC install in Xbox Series X

Any ideas???

Hello

I was playing yesterday the intro of Cyberpunk with the version 2.0 with no issues, but today the game crash whe is going to show the menu, after the phantom liberty DLC install in Xbox Series X

Any ideas???
Weird, I play on Series X (2.0) with Phantom Liberty installed and the game work fine :(
If you didn't, you can try to clear the cache in case :
Software method, works only on Xbox Series X:
1. Press the glowing Xbox button on your controller
2. Scroll right to Profile & system
3. Select Settings with the A button
4. Select Devices & Connections > Blu-ray > Persistent Storage
5. Select Clear Persistent Storage

I’m having the same problem on Xbox series x I haven’t gone as far as to delete the game and re install because I’ve heard cloud saves don’t work so I don’t want to lose my progress but I’ve done every power/data cycle I can for my system as well as doing a system reset keeping all downloaded games and apps (this hard clears the cache apparently) and it can’t even get past press b to continue.

Report •••

I'm getting crashes on the start screen (Series X), after following the prompt "press start to continue", you confirm your profile and you get the "breaching" bit it will crash first launch, every time and send me back to the dashboard. Works fine on relaunching the game, but not good at all.

This is a clean install, cache is cleared, etc.

Time for yet another support ticket.

Same
I have the exact problem, after installing phantom liberty, my game first buggt and after restarting cyberpunk the game crashes after pressing the start button before the main menu.

I am out of ideas I tried many things but that didn’t work.

Yip, after installing Phantom Liberty when i launched the game it crashed login me in, worked fine upon launching again.

Today after some sleep, i launched the game again and again it crashed trying to log me in but again was fine when i started it up again

The difference, for me, seems to be I'm already logged in that 2nd attempt so it doesn't go through the process of selecting your profile then loading.

Having too, often the game crash since Phantom Liberty installed at the launcher where u press "start" the game should load the DLC instead crash. i done factory reset, reinstall the game, nothing worked still happen.

Weirdly, this hasn't been happening to me today, I disabled analytics and cross-platform saves in the game settings. Might be something, might not. Worth a shot?

Edit: nope, still happens occasionally.

Last edited:
Exact thing has been happening to me on Series X. I believe that this particular crash before the main menu has to do with the logging in process actually.

so far I found a temporary fix so that the first time you start the game it doesn’t crash (I think this worked for me 9 times out of 10 at least). After starting your console, log out of your Xbox account. As soon as you do this you are presented with the option to continue without signing in. Choose that option. Then start Cyberpunk and you will get to that point where you have to log in again (after pressing start button). This time your profile pic should have a green outline around it since you started the game without signing into your account. The game will sign you in and proceed to main menu.

At least in my case, almost every time this works and I don’t need to restart the game a 2nd time.

hopefully they address this with a hot fix soon!

Edit: for some reason I can only do this on my series x. On my series s, when I start the game without being signed into my Xbox account, I get a message saying I need to sign in to play…

but after a few days of testing this still seems to work on my series x (no crashing yet)

Last edited:
Another solution; if you have an external storage on your Series X and the DLC downloads there instead of on internal, X/S optimized games can only be played on internal storage. It's dumb but you have to transfer the DLC to internal and then it can be played and won't crash! This worked for me and now I have no problems. Hope this helps someone!

i mentioned it in another thread. It would crash me when trying to breach in when my xbox profile was set to "offline". Once i set it to Online, no issues.

Thanks this worked for me. It looks as if my DLC was automatically installed on my external drive (Not SSD) because my internal drive was full.

Ok just installed latest update 2.01 for both cyberpunk base game and phantom liberty.

now instead of crashing I sometimes (after a very long time of loading after signing in), gets strange pop up window that is labeled “Generic pop up”. Inside the window are the words, “Loren ipsum sit amen dolor”. Whenever I get this pop up, it appears that phantom liberty has not been loaded (PL rewards don’t show up and there is a picture at bottom left of screen telling me to download PL).

the frequency of this happening is about the same as the crashing prior to 2.01, maybe 2 out of every 6 times…

It seems like this is related to the main menu crashing issue but instead of crashing, PL just doesn’t load!

has anyone else experienced this? And I’m wondering what the strange words in the pop up window translate to?

Upon further testing, the frequency of this is pretty random. At times the game will start fine 5 consecutive times in a row, but other times I get this error on load up 3 or 4 times in a row. I have also experienced 2 crashes to dashboard in the 25 or so starts that I tested so I wouldn’t say crashes are completely gone…

Last edited:
Question
How many people have a physical disc version? I'm on a series x and had zero problems till today when the Xbox had a disc error symbol on the cyberpunk icon. I ejected the disc to make go away and then the game gave these same error messages when I started the game.
So is the problem that I have a physical disc version and they forgot about us with the update?

This is getting out of hand most of my Hard Crashing is coming from certain weather effects mostly heavy fog and sandstorms, I have had 3 hard crashes in a 45 minute span also every time I crash restart and get a message saying Phantom Liberty isn't properly installed or isn't I am on version 2.02 Completely closing the game and restarting seems to fix it at least until it crashes again. It ran near flawless for me on Version 1.63 little to no lag. I have done a fresh reinstall of both The Base game and Phantom Liberty still having issues. my console rarely gets hotter than 140 degrees and the system is free of dust. Also Clearing the Caches isn't helping my Girlfriend is having the same Issue in the except hers is all digital mine is Disc Based.
Post automatically merged:

Hope this gets sorted out pretty pretty soon I am enjoying the Story but these hiccups are preventing me from fully enjoying the game
Post automatically merged:

Question
How many people have a physical disc version? I'm on a series x and had zero problems till today when the Xbox had a disc error symbol on the cyberpunk icon. I ejected the disc to make go away and then the game gave these same error messages when I started the game.
So is the problem that I have a physical disc version and they forgot about us with the update?
I got the weird ! symbol next the disc icon I think that is a microsoft issue not a CDPR all in all I just want to Play Phantom Liberty

Attachments

• IMG_2453.jpeg
    IMG_2453.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Top Bottom