Steam does not recognize that I have Phantom Liberty Installed.

+
I have the base game and the phantom liberty installed (both were pre-ordered). I can play it just fine. But there are 3 problems.

1.) The Launcher still advertises Ultimate Edition to me whenever I open the game, even though I have Phantom Liberty installed.
2.) I cannot get the Phantom Liberty Pre-order bonus car for free (I do not get the message that should give me the car and I've had 3 playthroughs since Patch 2.0)
3.) Steam does not recognize any Phantom Liberty achievements, so it stays incomplete.

What I have done so far.
1.) Completely uninstall and reinstall both Cyberpunk and steam using an uninstaller that completely erases residual data.
2.) Contact customer support on February 7, 2024. The reply is that they forward the issue to the proper people. There's no peep since then.

Note: My GOG account is logged in on the launcher. I have access to all the witcher, gwent, prime gaming, and gog freebies.
Screenshot (1648).png

1.) The Launcher still advertises Ultimate Edition to me whenever I open the game, even though I have Phantom Liberty installed.
Not familiar with Steam, but I don't think it's an issue. The Ultimate Edition is a different "package" than the game+expansion. So even if you own the game+expansion, you still do not have the Ultimate Edition.

And for Steam which did not recognize the expansion (and so, didn't unlock the achievements) :
- Did you buy both (game + expansion) on Steam?
- If yes, did you try to uninstall/reinstall the expansion in case?

Not familiar with Steam, but I don't think it's an issue. The Ultimate Edition is a different "package" than the game+expansion. So even if you own the game+expansion, you still do not have the Ultimate Edition.

And for Steam which did not recognize the expansion (and so, didn't unlock the achievements) :
- Did you buy both (game + expansion) on Steam?
- If yes, did you try to uninstall/reinstall the expansion in case?
I actually verified this with my friends, and in a facebook group about cyberpunk. Everyone I asked who also pre ordered the game and the expansion no longer have the upgrade button in their launcher.

Yes I bought both the game and expansion on steam.
Yes I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of the game after buying the expansion. First time with the normal uninstall button on steam. Second time is using a program that completely erases residual files of the program it's uninstalling. I also did the same for the steam program. I also tried uninstalling just the Redlauncher.

I actually verified this with my friends, and in a facebook group about cyberpunk. Everyone I asked who also pre ordered the game and the expansion no longer have the upgrade button in their launcher.

Yes I bought both the game and expansion on steam.
Yes I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of the game after buying the expansion. First time with the normal uninstall button on steam. Second time is using a program that completely erases residual files of the program it's uninstalling. I also did the same for the steam program. I also tried uninstalling just the Redlauncher.
Ok, weird :(
I could be wrong, but I think it's all due to one issue which is Steam don't recognize the expansion as installed (so keep displaying the "upgrade" button, do not register achievements,...)
If the game recognize the expansion and if you're able to play it, I guess there is no issue with the game/expansion, the installation of the game/expansion or the game files themself.
Worth to check in case :
https://windowsreport.com/steam-doesnt-recognize-installed-games/

Top Bottom