2.01 - Ripperdoc selling Cyber gear with no Requirement .. But they do have requirements

+

Guest 4707847

v2.01 - When I go to a Ripper Doc to upgrade gear, I sometimes get a message "Do you really want to buy this when you do not have the requirements"

But, aren't they supposed to show an overlay of the requirement symbol if you are not ready for them?

I see some that look like I can install them and have the eddies, but apparently they have requirements I am not ready for.

Is this a bug others are seeing?, if so I will report it.

Edit : PC GOG, Clean install, no mods in use (now or previously).

Do you have an example/screenshot, I never see that on my side. But I didn't try all the cyberwares, but just those which fit to my build :)

Guest 4707847

Sure, here I am trying to purchase Tetratronic Rippler
Notice there is a requirement badge on one of the items available, but none on the one I am trying to purchase ..
.. and yet I get this warning :

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
  • Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 62
Weird, I only have 3 in Reflex and 3 in Body, so I'm not supposed to be able to really use a Sandevistan or a Bersek, but there is no "requirement" on my side for both (if I remember).
I can't check right now, I pay Rogue and I'm broke... But as soon as I earn enough money, I'll check again ;)

Guest 4707847

I have gone ahead and reported it anyway and got a support ticket, this seems wrong to me.
Post automatically merged:

Oh, even weirder, instead of buying anything I just went and manually upgraded the implant I already had ..
.. and now I am seeing the REQ badge on all of the ones for sale (compair this screenshot with previous) :

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
Last edited by a moderator:
Most likely a leftover from the old system since none of the cyberware now have any requirements so it's all free to the player with the exception of that one cyberware which requires a perk. They could just change the confirmation wording to a simple "Are you sure you wish to buy this?".

Here for example despite having fully maxed INT, it's saying I don't meet the requirements :D

Last edited:

Guest 4707847

Well they know about it now :D

I'm just about to make another bug report, Crafting, and trying to upgrade weapons. I have a shotgun, pistol, sniper rifle and the Black unicorn Katana. Loads of level 1 / 2 / 3 items to upgrade them all with, but on the upgrade screen only the Black Unicorn is being shown as viable for upgrading.

In version 2.0 of the game this was not a problem, now after a clean install and verify of version 2.01 it seems they have messed up a few things previously working fine. Sigh!.

Top Bottom