[2.02][bug] "Change control bindings" is stuck in "controller only", the controller is not connected.

+
Hello,

Running Cyberpunk 2077, v2.02, Steam-installed on a PC, Windows 11, had PS5 controller connected over wire when launching 2.02 for the first time. Couldn't change the controls in the game settings (as I'm playing with KB+M) - they were showing only controller controls. Yanked the controller's cable out while in-game. Received "the controller was disconnected, please connect the controller back" pop-up message in-game. Ignored the message, continued playing, and saved the game at some point.

Since then I never plugged the controller in again. But no matter how many times I restart the game, I still see only controller bindings in settings and am completely unable to change KB or M button settings (or even view them to learn what the controls even are).

I did try the game before it became 2.02 (~1.31, then ~1.6), most likely without the controller ever connected (not entirely sure). Then I connected the controller (without launching the game), let Steam to update the game to 2.0, then 2.01, then 2.02. And then finally launched the game again, wiped the old save, and restarted the campaign. That's when I hit the issue.

Developers, if you see this, I have also filed a bug under "visual/graphics" category under `"Change control bindings" is stuck in "controller only" even though the controller is not connected.` title, it should contain the save and the system report attached to it.

Thanks!

Go here and delete json files here

C:\Users\{User name}\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077

Then relaunch the game. Don't connect controller.

See what happens.

Go here and delete json files here

C:\Users\{User name}\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077

Then relaunch the game. Don't connect controller.

See what happens.
Hi, thank you for replying.

Unfortunately, that didn't help. The Settings -> Controls -> Control Scheme [X] is still stuck in controller only mode.

As for the folder, the game has created a new UserSettings.json file.

Is there anything I need to change manually in the *.json instead maybe to help the problem?

If not possible to bring back in-game KB bindings menu, maybe at least I could edit the key bindings in that JSON directly. Is there somewhere an exhaustive list of correct spellings for the key enum used? In particular, I'm interested in changing

303 {
304 "name": "dodgeDash",
305 "type": "name",
306 "value": "IK_LControl",
307 "default_value": "IK_LControl"
308 },

to a side button (button 4 or button 5) on the mouse, but nothing is set to it by default, so I've no idea what "IK_*" to use.

Cheers!
Post automatically merged:

Is there somewhere an exhaustive list of correct spellings for the key enum used?
Just found that myself! https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kbdntx
`"IK_Mouse4"` worked for mouse side button 4. Awesome.

Thank you for getting me on this route, this is a great workaround.

(Devs, the bug still stands though, this is impossible to view or modify in-game. Thank you for your efforts, the game post 2.0 is amazing).

Attachments

• UserSettings.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Top Bottom