2.02 Update on GOG version made PC performance worse...

+
For Steam, too.
The game flatlines so much while taking screenshots. Before this patch, I was able to fetch them with everything on high on my 1660ti (even psycho raytracing as a chef's kiss), with very low framerate but manageable.
Now, as soon as I go with same setting, the game crashes.
Bypass Steam and the launcher by starting the game directly from the Cyberpunk2077.exe located in your

...Steam Bibliothek\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64

folder and see if this will help.

Customer support got back to me. Apparently with update 2.02, the AMD Ryzen 7 5800X just isn't enough for this update despite showing them that in update 2.01 I regain my fps lost in update 2.02. These results are repeatable in my PC but I guess update 2.02 means 5800X isn't enough anymore for 1440p so just get an AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D instead.

:cry:

Screenshot (260).png

In patch 2.02, performance and ray tracing is broken, namely contact shadows, as well as path tracing; shadows disappear everywhere and black spots appear. I specially installed patch 2.01 and everything is fine there. I hope the developers read this and fix it. All this on a 4090 video card, Windows 11.

My game has been a wee bit more crash-happy than usual. As in, I get two or three crashes per session instead of none at all. Not sure if it's mod-related or CPU-related or just the game being naughty. It's annoying, but not enough for me to start ranting and raving about it. Hoping if there is another patch, it fixes that wee issue.

Top Bottom