GoG Galaxy does not detect Cyberpunk 2077 and so does not update to 2.02

+
I have installed Cyberpunk 2070 on an external SSD dirve (MME3), which works very well and is extremely rapid.
However I started GoG Galaxy before I plugged in the external drive and since then GoG Galaxy doesn't detect the game any longer. However i can still play it via the shortcut that was created during the installation.

The issue now is that a few days ago patch 2.02 has been released, which isn't installed in my game anymore as apparently that's something that GoG Galaxy needs do to and isn't done when I start the game.

How can I install patch 2.02 for Cyberpunk 2070 outside of GoG Galaxy? Can I somehow force the game at startup to check for updates?

Thanks for the tip to use the GoG offline installer, however then I need to completely download the entire game after each patch, which is a lot of extra downloads( in 4GB chunks). So I ended up uninstalling GoG Galaxy and reinstalling it. After that I scanned via GoG Galaxy the directory where I installed Cyberpunk and it detected the game, and after scanning the installation directory started the download of patch 2.02. So all is well for now.

I just need to remember to first plug in my external HD before starting GoG, otherwise its cache will again become corrupt.

Top Bottom