2.1 Radioport bad implementation - need help

+
Now after 600 Hours of playing this game i expect the radio station to change when pressing the radio button. But with the implemention of the Radioport, the radio button now turns the radio on or off.
I searched the menus for an option to revert that change or rebind the keys or turn off the radioport-feature completely. I would like the radio to behave like it did before the patch: in vehicle = Music on, out of vehicle = music off.

Is there any option i have been missing or do i have to to open the whole radio station menu, everytime i wanna change the station? (which is annyoing as hell while driving)
Do i have to manually turn off the radio everytime i leave a vehicle? (which is again annoying as hell, when i am in a stressfull situation)

It would be nice to have an option to be able to default the the radio to "off" when exiting a vehicle. I thought this was a bug, but it seems like it might have been intended functionality for some reason.

With a menu option I think everyone can be happy, and it should be relatively easy to implement.

Yeah it should be the logical thing to implement the radio not turning on after leaving the vehicle, though I personally just turn off the radio before leaving the car. Gives me quite an immersion boost, as if I'm turning off the vehicle before getting out :D

As for the button now just turning the radio on/off, personally I love this change. Makes it very straightforward and easy to turn it on/off, in comparison to having to hold the button and scrolling to do so.

I myself spent over 200hrs in the game and at this point I would love to have option to switch off radio's completely as mentioned above. Or have possibility to toggle the radio function between "default ON" and OFF for car radio's and radioport.

But more import for me, after many hours spent in game I would love to have in-game option to disable world - radio's by default. Very often at one location (e.g NCPD event) I have "combat music" after combat is finished all the world radios and speakers are unmuted and this is quite annoying because very often different music is being played from different sources (at one location) i'm often running and switching off the radios and shooting speakers before looting. And on top of that sometimes you have additional "noise" sources from TV's and other ads., it's just too many noise sources for me.... would be great if could also shot and disable (or explode) the TV's ;)

For me game is more immersive when I only have ambient sounds outside of combat / mission.

But more import for me, after many hours spent in game I would love to have in-game option to disable world - radio's by default. Very often at one location (e.g NCPD event) I have "combat music" after combat is finished all the world radios and speakers are unmuted and this is quite annoying because very often different music is being played from different sources (at one location) i'm often running and switching off the radios and shooting speakers before looting. And on top of that sometimes you have additional "noise" sources from TV's and other ads., it's just too many noise sources for me.... would be great if could also shot and disable (or explode) the TV's ;)

Hahah, same :D

5 radios on one location, all blasting 5 different stations at once. Wasn't an issue in 1.6 but with 2.0 I started my own crusade against all radios and now I change them all to a single station. Speakers are shoot-on-sight :LOL:

There's mod (on Nexus) for PC players which disables sounds from world-radios and TV ads (leaves only news and mission related sounds), but it would be great to have such option implemented in game itself, because it becomes annoying at some point, after you spent so many hours in the game and it's not your first playthrough.

Alternate solution could be to add/modify one of the HACK's to disable all radios/speakers in the specific area or add functionality to EMP granade - disabling all electronics in specific area.

Just bumping this thread. Same problem here. I hate that I can't cycle through radio station without going into the radio menu. I used to be able to cycle through stations as I'm driving, but now I have to open the menu, which pauses the game, and sit there clicking on each station until I find the song I like. It ruins the flow of the game so much for me. If CDPR are so concerned with QoL, that they removed arm cyberware from weapon cycling, then why make the radio selection process so inconvenient? Bring back radio cycling! Make it a double-tap on the radio button, if you want to keep the on/off switch on a single-tap.

I also completely agree with the radio staying on when leaving the vehicle (agree with your complaint, not the actual feature). The game should remember if I had the radio on before entering the car. If I did, it would keep playing when I get out of the car, but if I had it off before entering, it should automatically turn off when I leave. Or at the very least they should add a toggle switch in the settings, like "Turn the radio off when leaving the vehicle" or something like that.

Yeah it should be the logical thing to implement the radio not turning on after leaving the vehicle, though I personally just turn off the radio before leaving the car. Gives me quite an immersion boost, as if I'm turning off the vehicle before getting out :D

As for the button now just turning the radio on/off, personally I love this change. Makes it very straightforward and easy to turn it on/off, in comparison to having to hold the button and scrolling to do so.
That's a nice idea in the meantime, I'll try and turn off the radio before I leave a vehicle. I like the one button press on and off function as well, that part is great. :)

Top Bottom