Issues with Radioport

+
Couple of issues with the new radio feature. This is with a controller on PS5 btw, not sure if it affects the mouse+keyboard users.

1. When tapping the radio button it used to cycle through radio stations without having to open the radio selection menu. Now it just turns the radio on/off. So basically if I want to cycle through the radio stations to find a good driving song, I now have to stop everything I'm doing, open the radio menu (which pauses the game) and click on each radio station individually until I find what I like. It sort of ruins the flow of the game. Since CDPR are so concerned with QoL (removing cyberware from weapon cycling), then why make the radio selection process so inconvenient? Please bring back the radio cycling. You can make it a double-tap on the radio button if you want to keep the on/off switch on a single-tap.

2. The new radio on foot is all well and good, but I like the ambience of the city and the ambient soundtrack of the game, so I don't plan on using it. I still listen to the radio in the car though, as that's part of the immersion, and it's what I would do irl too. The problem I'm having is that after the update every time I exit the vehicle the radio continues to play, and I have to manually turn it off EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. The game should remember if I had the radio on before entering the car. If I did, it would leave it on when I get out of the car, but if I had the radio off before getting in, it should automatically turn it off when I get out, regardless of whether I was listening to the radio INSIDE the car. Either that, or add a toggle switch in the settings like "turn the radio off when leaving the vehicle" or something along those lines.

I don't know if CDPR even read these forums, it's my first post here, but these 2 things made the gameplay so frustrating for me that I had to mention it somewhere.

I've got two more issues with the radio port-- I've only really tested this rigorously with Morro Rock Radio, but anecdotally, I've seen this with other stations too.

1. The DJ segments/interrupts are missing. I miss Maximum Mike giving me conspiracy theories and the corpo news drones reporting on the terrible state of things.
2. When you have the radioport open, the listed track name doesn't change when the song does, you have to close and reopen the radio to see it.

Couple of issues with the new radio feature. This is with a controller on PS5 btw, not sure if it affects the mouse+keyboard users.

1. When tapping the radio button it used to cycle through radio stations without having to open the radio selection menu. Now it just turns the radio on/off. So basically if I want to cycle through the radio stations to find a good driving song, I now have to stop everything I'm doing, open the radio menu (which pauses the game) and click on each radio station individually until I find what I like. It sort of ruins the flow of the game. Since CDPR are so concerned with QoL (removing cyberware from weapon cycling), then why make the radio selection process so inconvenient? Please bring back the radio cycling. You can make it a double-tap on the radio button if you want to keep the on/off switch on a single-tap.

2. The new radio on foot is all well and good, but I like the ambience of the city and the ambient soundtrack of the game, so I don't plan on using it. I still listen to the radio in the car though, as that's part of the immersion, and it's what I would do irl too. The problem I'm having is that after the update every time I exit the vehicle the radio continues to play, and I have to manually turn it off EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. The game should remember if I had the radio on before entering the car. If I did, it would leave it on when I get out of the car, but if I had the radio off before getting in, it should automatically turn it off when I get out, regardless of whether I was listening to the radio INSIDE the car. Either that, or add a toggle switch in the settings like "turn the radio off when leaving the vehicle" or something along those lines.

I don't know if CDPR even read these forums, it's my first post here, but these 2 things made the gameplay so frustrating for me that I had to mention it somewhere.
I am right there with you on both these issues. On PC the radio button now just turns it on and off in car (have to open the menu to change stations) and while on foot it is just on by default and I have to manually turn it off every time i exit a vehicle.

I don't like the on-foot radio. I would like to be able to disable it WITHOUT disabling the in-car radio (referencing the only current workaround is setting the radio volume to 0).

Wholeheartedly agree.

Also, I do hear Maximum Mike and the other DJ's sometimes, but I gotta say they seem less common than before. I noticed last patch that they only seemed to "trigger" as I was exiting the car. Very weird.

Totally agree with the OP.
No longer being able, to cycle through the radio stations while driving with the click of a button, destroys my fun by such a large amount, that i find the game non enjoyable right now. Was hoping that gonk change would have been fixed before xmas, but guess not..

I am right there with you on both these issues. On PC the radio button now just turns it on and off in car (have to open the menu to change stations) and while on foot it is just on by default and I have to manually turn it off every time i exit a vehicle.

I don't like the on-foot radio. I would like to be able to disable it WITHOUT disabling the in-car radio (referencing the only current workaround is setting the radio volume to 0).
Yes, this! 100000%. It's very immersion-breaking in its current implementation.

Top Bottom