99% really liked the updates so far, but some small gripes about Police/MaxTac...

+
I got really nothing bad to say about nearly any changes coming. I like the varied 'police ai' with different places in Night City, and your own car being hacked, that the AI appears very aggressively chasing you rather than letting get away. The reworked perks looked really practical and I hope stuff like "get -10% fall damage" perks got finally taken out.

However...

1. Police coming out of vehicles felt a little robotic and slow, them all opening door at exact same time, them all standing as if to wait to be allowed to move, same goes with MaxTac waiting like 5 seconds before anyone jumping out. Just something that needs to be taken a look at. I mean it's all good since it's complete new feature and everything, but I really hope it's gets some improvements in "patch 2.01". Just adding some random timer of 0-0.3 sec to door opening, 0-1 sec window after 2-3 seconds of landing AV, etc.

2. I noticed in the Q/A stream that it seemed a little to easy to get away by climbing up. I think it's good initial steps to getting away but I think there should be some kind of scanning going on in the vicinity of your last location, so just running up shouldn't be enough. Also I think upon giving up the police shouldn't just completely forget you, some small scanning even while leaving, getting an accidental reveal should be still possible. Just a minor nitpick. It's very good overall. This will likely continue to be issue no matter what gets reworked since it's REAL WORLD, and it's just impossible to make realistic chases...

(Can't comment on overall difficulty, this guy could've been wearing best combat gear along with best perks, but it just felt a little too easy. I'd imagine anyone else with Netrunner specs might have far more difficulty staying alive, so this might've just been extreme example and shouldn't really be reworked to be more difficult... We'll have to see when playing ourselves.)

3. The MaxTac AV flight paths seemed a little off. Every other vehicle in game you can see landing and flying away in good looking trajectory. And then MaxTac seems to just take off to space after finishing, not exactly what we saw in game's introduction to night city.
( I mean technically we didn't see them take off, but we saw Trauma Team take off and land in the building we saved Sandra Dorsett. )

I realize fighting MaxTac is rare event in general so this isn't put in high priority, at least until Cyberpunk Orion, but feels like this deserves some extra work in flight physics and could be added somewhere along the way to Cyberpunk Orion as quality of life update to base game.

Still... really good progress and can't wait to see where this franchise evolves in coming years :D, the devs have been working hard and it's just amazing what is possible to do with technology nowadays, and the future seem very bright for the franchise.

Last edited:
I got really nothing bad to say about nearly any changes coming. I like the varied 'police ai' with different places in Night City, and your own car being hacked, that the AI appears very aggressively chasing you rather than letting get away.

However...

1. I noticed in the Q/A stream that it seemed a little to easy to get away by climbing up. I think it's good initial steps to getting away but I think there should be some kind of scanning going on in the vicinity of your last location, so just running up shouldn't be enough. Also I think upon giving up the police shouldn't just completely forget you, some small scanning even while leaving, getting an accidental reveal should be still possible. Just a minor nitpick. It's very good overall.

2. The MaxTac drop / takeoff seems still incomplete. The AV just basically flies into space, rather than follows some kind of trajectory. The landing is basically the reverse effect where this "spaceship" just lands down. Also police coming out of vehicles felt also a little robotic, them all opening door at exact same time.

I mean it's all good since it's complete new feature and everything, but I really hope it's gets some improvements in 2.01 etc. Just adding some random timer of "0.5 sec * rand()" to door opening.

I figure the AV flight path might be more complex thing to solve due to the complexity of the city, so it could be that there's some algorithm that has to pre-try these flight paths before actually initiating MaxTac to drop, and then do some kind of soft landing.

I think this'll eventually be figured out, similarly how GTA 3 flight physics were more advanced in following sequels, I think this too might need some kind of revisit later.

Soo, TLDR wish list:
- 2.01 we get some randomizing in the way police exit vehicles
- 2.02 those police drones go scan areas where player was last seen
- 2.14 MaxTac AV flight paths are more fluidly presented

(I realize fighting MaxTac is rare event in general so this isn't put in high priority, at least until "Cyberpunk Orion", still, really good progress and can't wait to see where this franchise evolves in coming years :D)
Yeah, maybe it’s more dramatic in game with the music and sounds but their arrival felt a bit underwhelming, especially the way the AV spawns behind you and drops like a space ship.

I’m more disturbed that they didn’t think to implement a basic call system for reporting crimes. Really weird anything you do is reported to police automatically just as it is now.

Vehicle ai and physics look pretty good though!

I’m more disturbed that they didn’t think to implement a basic call system for reporting crimes. Really weird anything you do is reported to police automatically just as it is now.
Yeah, they should really pay to use that mod officially where civilians run away and trying to call for police. It could even work to solve some NCPD missions where there's a shooting going on, and NPC's running around nearby, then another unit gets alerted to the scene, and it gets solved as you watch it happen. You don't get exp, but can loot the scene after... (Edit: Or there's NCPD radio saying "An unit has already been alerted to the scene." to the NPC calling for help).

I guess this could be abused by having low level character running into high level area and watching police to clear the fight... so I can understand why making these more "open world" style realism could be difficult to balance in terms of players own ability to impact it. It would almost feel like you could just walk around and see problems being solved in front of you.

Though I've been calling it that NCPD missions get reworked as active events that spawn and get solved with or without players involvement. Didn't see that coming in this patch and could be a bit too much work to add something like this, but damn would be sweet to see...

Last edited:
Yeah, they should really pay to use that mod officially where civilians run away and trying to call for police.
Yeah, they don't have to pay to implement that unless they directly source what scissors did though (maybe) and they should be more than capable of doing that themselves. Just seems like a lack of attention to detail or lack of desire to make something better when it already exists. I wish the systems team had the same drive their art and quest teams do.

Good thing I'm on PC though. This will get sorted in short order now that we still have scissors material and an existing system in place.
It could even work to solve some NCPD missions where there's a shooting going on, and NPC's running around nearby, then another unit gets alerted to the scene, and it gets solved as you watch it happen. You don't get exp, but can loot the scene after...
Interesting idea. I would hope that immergent opportunities like this are available, atleast more dynamism. My whole desire for the police system in the first place was reinforced with a rich history of guards in various fantasy games. In this one I really enjoyed how scissors mod would make the choice to go in guns blazing or stealth matter for gigs. With that mod I did one of the moderately quick gigs "go grab this guy from 6th street", but when I went about it like a psychotic solo 6th street called for backup, and NPCs nearby called the police. Soon everyone converged on that house and it was a shitshow that led to MaxTac being called and I had to flee. Completely changed the weight of a gig that up until that point was just another marker on the map.
I guess this could be abused by having low level character running into high level area and watching police to clear the fight... so I can understand why making these more "open world" style realism could be difficult to balance in terms of players own ability to impact it. It would almost feel like you could just walk around and see problems being solved in front of you.

Though I've been calling it that NCPD missions get reworked as active events that spawn and get solved with or without players involvement. Didn't see that coming in this patch and could be a bit too much work to add something like this, but damn would be sweet to see...
You mean like assault in progress stuff? Yeah, that is a cool idea.., but if they're not putting in level of effort into the police system I can't see that for an activity that feels like it was made at the last minute. I would just be happy if those weren't icons on the map, but according to attendees CDPR isn't changing that. :(

Last edited:
Yeah, maybe it’s more dramatic in game with the music and sounds but their arrival felt a bit underwhelming, especially the way the AV spawns behind you and drops like a space ship.

Vehicle ai and physics look pretty good though!
Yeah, it would’ve been pretty sweet if they had made it more like red dead redemption two in the way that people have to report your crimes they’re not just instantaneously known

Top Bottom