After updating to 2.0, the game crashes upon launch.

+
The previous version was running fine, but after updating to 2.0 and upgrading the Nvidia drivers, the game crashes upon launch. An error pop-up appears on a Cyberpunk-themed startup page, and I am certain that I have not installed any mods, and have already uninstalled and reinstalled the game.please help me.
crash1.jpg
crash2.jpg

Pattern fail 40 53 48 83 ec 20 33 c0 c6 1 0 found : 0 expected : 4 wc: cc
Windows 11
I7-10875H
RTX2060
use SSD

I've reinstalled the game 3-4 times, which was originally a full install anyway as I hadn't played in quite a long time. No mods or anything else; my system has also been wiped several times since I last played. Completely clean PC, all it is used for is gaming. GPU is fully up to date, version 537.42. The game crashes (or "flatlines") constantly - running benchmarks, in the menus, in-game. Doesn't matter what resolution I play on, DLSS, no-DLSS, low settings, ultra settings, none of it makes a difference. To be clear, I had no issues with crashing whatsoever with 1.6, the game was really really smooth (running on an 11600K, 3080, 32GB RAM, SSD).

I never even had issues this substantial on the day 1 launch on PC with worse hardware at the time (though there quite a few bugs). I may have crashed 3 total times in 100+ hours in the first few months of launch. It's really a shame as I looked forward to a replay and getting Phantom Liberty, but all that excitement has literally gone away due to the instability. I understand this is a large update with an expansion on the way, but jesus, if there was one game that ever needed a better showing than this after the original launch it was definitely CP77.

I thank CDPR for the original experience, which I still enjoyed and will remember for years. But I don't have the patience to deal with whatever they did to mess up 2.0. Hope they fix whatever is wrong ASAP as I truly feel bad for those out there who wanted to replay and support the game. My best recommendation for players who may have pre-ordered PL -- make sure you test out performance ahead of time. I know I'd be LIVID if PL launched and I kept crashing after having paid for it. Make sure you're getting your money's worth in terms of performance!

I resolved this issue by deleting the bin/x64 folder, and then running the repair. It seems silly, but it indeed worked.

I resolved this issue by deleting the bin/x64 folder, and then running the repair. It seems silly, but it indeed worked.
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that did not work for me, still crashing. I'm just going to hold off on playing for a while, no worries. One day in the future I hope the issue is resolved and I can do a replay.

The previous version was running fine, but after updating to 2.0 and upgrading the Nvidia drivers, the game crashes upon launch. An error pop-up appears on a Cyberpunk-themed startup page, and I am certain that I have not installed any mods, and have already uninstalled and reinstalled the game.please help me.View attachment 11362993View attachment 11362996

Pattern fail 40 53 48 83 ec 20 33 c0 c6 1 0 found : 0 expected : 4 wc: cc
Windows 11
I7-10875H
RTX2060
use SSD

You're not the only one, though this guy found a solution:
(3) Getting a Strange "Pattern" Error Message On Crash : cyberpunkgame (reddit.com)

[EDIT} sorry I see you fixed it too :)
Post automatically merged:

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that did not work for me, still crashing. I'm just going to hold off on playing for a while, no worries. One day in the future I hope the issue is resolved and I can do a replay.
I saw a post somewhere from the devs that 2.0 drives the CPU harder than before. Just wondering, since it sounds that you can start it running briefly before it crashes, overheating maybe an issue? Overclocking?

Last edited:
You're not the only one, though this guy found a solution:
(3) Getting a Strange "Pattern" Error Message On Crash : cyberpunkgame (reddit.com)

[EDIT} sorry I see you fixed it too :)
Post automatically merged:

I saw a post somewhere from the devs that 2.0 drives the CPU harder than before. Just wondering, since it sounds that you can start it running briefly before it crashes, overheating maybe an issue? Overclocking?
Temps are all good, no overclocks. Well, my GPU is factory overclocked but temps are fine and it's always been stable. I tried rolling back my Nvidia driver to the previous version but same result.

1699029589158.png

2.0 worked but since 2.02 I can't even launch the game, I don't even get a descriptive error message like they said it would give in patch notes... It just fails, then says some shits missing... Ok fine, re-install, failed to launch some shits missing... Like honestly? The only mods I put in are clothing and appearance... Round 4 fight... trying to just run without anything. SMH.

Last edited:
View attachment 11372593

2.0 worked but since 2.02 I can't even launch the game, I don't even get a descriptive error message like they said it would give in patch notes... It just fails, then says some shits missing... Ok fine, re-install, failed to launch some shits missing... Like honestly? The only mods I put in are clothing and appearance... Round 4 fight... trying to just run without anything. SMH.
If you "re-install" the game, be sure to also manually remove these folders :
  • REDEngine folder from here %userprofile%\AppData\Local\
  • CD Projekt Red folder from here: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\

Top Bottom