Aldecaldo Jacket disappearing

+
using the latest 2.11 patch... as soon i go to the embers to start the final quest, i press the elevator button and then BANG, my aldecaldo jacket is gone for good, it just disappear from the inventory... wtf is going on? i've searched on google and found posts about the SAME THING from 3 years ago, maybe i never noticed... funny that ALL other jackets i have (including the samurai jacket) stay in the inventory, the game just remove the aldecaldo one which you get from completing the aldecado quest line?

Not sure, maybe because this jacket is an "ending" reward unlike every other jackets you can have (you get this jacket by completing the Star ending).
The jacket simply "vanish"? It is not automatically sent to your stash?

I remember encountering this issue a long time ago, so it's definitely not something new. Specifically, I remember wearing the Aldecaldo jacket and it disappearing when I attempted a new playthrough of the ending.

I was initially worried about losing my Aldecaldo's jacket, so I reloaded from a previous save and put the jacket in storage. After finishing the new ending and returning to the new autosave, I checked my storage and found that the jacket was still there. So unless something has changed, I wouldn't worry about losing the jacket after you complete the ending.

My guess is that it removes the jacket during the ending sequences to not conflict with the events of each ending. It would probably be weird to see your character already wearing the Aldecaldo's jacket and then go through the whole jacket ceremony again in the Star path, and in the Sun and Devil paths, you technically never become an official Aldecaldo.

That's just a guess of course, as I haven't actually looked at the game data to see why the jacket is removed. I imagine that your actual inventory is saved from before you went down the elevator. In any case, my original jacket never disappeared so you should be good. However, if you do complete a new ending, definitely reply in the thread to confirm whether or not the jacket is in your inventory or storage.

Last edited:
First question, as always, are you using any mods, or have you ever used any in the past?

Secondly, if you have not modded that playthrough, can you make this happen reliably? If so, you may want to send a saved game into CDPR Support, so they can have a look.

First question, as always, are you using any mods, or have you ever used any in the past?

Secondly, if you have not modded that playthrough, can you make this happen reliably? If so, you may want to send a saved game into CDPR Support, so they can have a look.
I wouldn't bet my life on it, but I'm pretty confident it's intended, to avoid issue with duplicate items.
I wouldn't be surprised if the same behavior is applied to all "ending exclusive" rewards which could be in player inventory when "the point of no return save" is created, like Amnesty (Cassidy handgun acquired during Star ending) or Pride (Rogue handgun acquired during the Sun Ending).

But yes, at least, cost nothing to send a ticket and have a straight answer from the support :)

I wouldn't bet my life on it, but I'm pretty confident it's intended, to avoid issue with duplicate items.
I wouldn't be surprised if the same behavior is applied to all "ending exclusive" rewards which could be in player inventory when "the point of no return save" is created, like Amnesty (Cassidy handgun acquired during Star ending) or Pride (Rogue handgun acquired during the Sun Ending).

But yes, at least, cost nothing to send a ticket and have a straight answer from the support :)
It's very possible, but it seems weird that the game would intentionally remove a unique item like that intentionally. Unless it's a failsafe of some sort to avoid a bigger bug, perhaps. (I mean, if a player worked to earn the jacket, it's only natural they'd want to wear it for the remainder of the game.)

But what you say also makes sense. Silly things, sometimes...these games.

It's very possible, but it seems weird that the game would intentionally remove a unique item like that intentionally. Unless it's a failsafe of some sort to avoid a bigger bug, perhaps. (I mean, if a player worked to earn the jacket, it's only natural they'd want to wear it for the remainder of the game.)

But what you say also makes sense. Silly things, sometimes...these games.
Yeah, but as @Iosephus said, maybe the game move these items in your stash (shouldn't be difficult to check with the "suicide" ending).

The fact it only concern an "ending reward" item and happen right when the game create an important save (the point of no return save which is used to spawn you back after completeing endings) really make me think it's intended and yes, a kind of failsafe mesure to avoid further issue :)

Beside, ending reward items like the Aldecaldos jacket, are the only ones you're able to keep after the endings, everything else (items/xp/shards/...) is deleted. You spawn back with the items/xp you had when the point of no return save was created.

Top Bottom