all map info in fast travel menu (and other menu remarks)

+
Hi, little fix here! It would be nice to have all map info (as in normal map) in fast travel spots.

In general one of the biggest problem with CP right now it's in game menus, hard to scroll through some specific ones like meds and food (this last one seems also pretty useless and should be apart, so that it's easier to sell), it's quite difficult to understand and value weapons and clothing (but that seems to be addressed in the next update), i think also the log should be highlighted (quite often it's difficult to see what was picked up).

Agree on basically all points, but at the same time probably not priorities.

1. All map info on fast travel.
Can be nice to know you're going to the right fast travel spot that has the ripperdoc or netrunner, or whatever you're trying to get to nearby. Could also argue putting too much info here clutters the visibility of the fast travel destinations themselves. I just try to think of it as a bit of immersion, where when I'm at the fast travel, I'm looking at a subway or bus route and need to confirm through other means I'm going to the right place.

2. Hard to scroll through meds and food.
I agree meds should probably be separate from food in the inventory, if that's what you're suggesting. If nothing else, have the consumables tab be able to auto sort or separate blocks of items, with white space / visual distance in between them. I want to see a block where just meds are, where just food is, where just hydration is, where just alcohol is.

3. Difficult to understand and value weapons and clothing.
Bigger number is better. You can min/max crafted stuff and/or carefully watch mod slots or inherit mods, but honestly you could probably play the game naked for how useful armor is. I think at most you get something like 10% - 20% DR. As for weapons, similar idea. You can make sure you have electrical weapons for robots, thermal for humans, swapping in chemical for armored or susceptible enemies. But in the end, the bigger number weapon will be better. Honestly, it doesn't matter that much, though. If it stresses you out that much, you don't lose much just using whatever the latest white gun dropped off an enemy, or whatever your favorite weapon is. Just don't use the same one from level 4 without upgrading it.

My issue here isn't sort of both that the game doesn't present armor and weapon information well, and also once you do figure it out you realize it doesn't really matter in the end.

4. Log improvements.
Could be improved, but honestly I don't even look at the log much. The only time I do is after a breach protocol to see what components I get, but even that seems pointless. Sometimes I get quickhacks out of it, but either I'm going crazy or that's not even shown in the log. I just open my inventory and check for new items if I'm interested in what I picked up or just forgot.

Top Bottom