Fps drop after opening / closing a menu or talking to a NPC

+
At first this will usually only persist for 5-10 secs but after a while it seems to last around 20-30 secs and in general the overall FPS definitely seems less consistent/more prone to drops after this. The only culprits I can think of would be a memory leak or possible VRAM issue?
The only fix is to restart the game, which is kinda annoying

Other people have the same issue as you can see here in these links :

Performance degradation map/inventory glitch still an issue with 2.0... : cyberpunkgame (reddit.com)
Random FPS drops when exiting menus/after long sessions? : cyberpunkgame (reddit.com)
Stutter/Lag when entering and exiting menus. :: Cyberpunk 2077 Discussions générales (steamcommunity.com)

I run the game with a 5600x and a RTX 3080 at 1440p with 32gb of ram, path tracing obviously off.

Same issue here. RTX 3060 Ti, 64GB RAM, Intel Core i7 10700K @ 3.80GHz.
First time happens after 20 minutes of gameplay. Then it happens around every 5 to 10 minutes.
Resolution: 3840 x 2160.
Already cleared RAM cache and reinstalled the game.

Last edited:
Same problem here, my setup is a ryzen 5 5500, rtx 3060 (10vram) and 16gb of ram. I can play fine for some hours but after a while playing if I open some menu like the map or inventory, or the pause menu, I get this weird framedrops and the game feels laggy, if I change some graphic setting like reflex mode putting it on, applying and after that putting it back to off the framerate gets fixed and all goes back to normal, until I open some menu again then it happens again.

The only way to fix it and play normally for some hours seems to restart the game, I read that a lot of people have this issue too and seems some type of memory leak I suppose, fix it please guys, apart of that the perfomance on my system is far better than it was before.

Usually I get between 50, 40 frames but the experience always feels smooth, until the issue happens, then the fps can drop even to the 30s and the frametime gets unstable, I'm playing the game with all settings on high, with raytracing on ultra, 2351x1323p with dlss balanced but that issue is really annoying and needs attention.

Put Graphics settings "Cascaded Shadows Resolution" and "Cascaded Shadows Range" both to Low or Medium. Apparently, it's a known issue.

Fixed the problem for me. (I5-13600K+32GB+4070ti)

Put Graphics settings "Cascaded Shadows Resolution" and "Cascaded Shadows Range" both to Low or Medium. Apparently, it's a known issue.

Fixed the problem for me. (I5-13600K+32GB+4070ti)
Still happening, I was playing fine for 4 hours or so but the issue reappears at some point

At first this will usually only persist for 5-10 secs but after a while it seems to last around 20-30 secs and in general the overall FPS definitely seems less consistent/more prone to drops after this. The only culprits I can think of would be a memory leak or possible VRAM issue?
The only fix is to restart the game, which is kinda annoying

Other people have the same issue as you can see here in these links :

Performance degradation map/inventory glitch still an issue with 2.0... : cyberpunkgame (reddit.com)
Random FPS drops when exiting menus/after long sessions? : cyberpunkgame (reddit.com)
Stutter/Lag when entering and exiting menus. :: Cyberpunk 2077 Discussions générales (steamcommunity.com)

I run the game with a 5600x and a RTX 3080 at 1440p with 32gb of ram, path tracing obviously off.
Having the same issue. I typically have 50-60 fps and when I go into a menu and come out it gets cut to 20-30. Sometimes it's doesn't even go back up for a while and just stays in the 20s-30s.

And sometimes there's a bright flash that dims in the environment as well.
Post automatically merged:

Same issue here, had it since 1.6

Seen loads of people with the same problem on steam and reddit

Same issue. New PC, 7700X, 4080, newest drivers, DLSS files updated to 3.5

Still opening a Map can tank fps down to even 9fps and at some point it degrades the whole game performance and restart is required.

Normally I would be pretty chill CDRP but this game "came out" in early access 3 years ago. 3 years.

Could please finally fix your game and it's performance after 3 years?!

Bumping, issue is still there after the latest update, also this update just fuc*ed a lot of other things, some weapon tier got downgraded, overall worse performance, ripper doc with empty inventory, does CDPR even test their game anymore before pushing update ?

Same here, FPS drop in time like memory leak. I see the effect also with Arasaka Senkoh LX (submachine pistol).
When using it after few hours game play, it's impressive burst fire rate lowers FPS so much that closing game to desktop and starting again is the only solution.

Same problem. FPS drop when opening any UI element. I have already sent a ticket to CDPR support but received no response.
12400F + 3060 Ti with 32GB RAM. The problem can be replicated immediately when accessing the crafting menu.

Top Bottom