And it started all over again: crash after a few minutes of gameplay

+
Well, we all know that Cyberpunk 2077 is a problematic game.
However, with update 2.02 things started to get worse.
Now I open the game normally and play for about 4 to 5 minutes and the game crashes. My progression is momentarily impossible.
I refuse to do a new clean install again. At other times, where with each patch the game technically improved or worsened, I reinstalled. There were dozens. A product where you cyclically need to do clean installations is definitely not supportable. This is unacceptable.
I'm seriously thinking about putting this game aside and forgetting about it.
Yes, as I have already finished the main campaign of Phantom Liberty with only a few Mr.Hands shows left, my lack of interest in this title is now very latent.

For what it's worth, I figured out that the reason for my crashes was insufficient Virtual Memory. No, not your GPU's VRAM. Instead, there's a portion of your SSD that Windows reserves in case it runs out of RAM.

It seems that 2.0 increased the requirements for that, so I had to adjust my Virtual Memory capacity to prevent crashes. But even then, it's going to crash during really long firefights, like if I mess with the police for like 30 minutes.

If your crash report says "Out of Memory exception" - then it's 100% the Virtual Memory thing. CDPR's support is clueless on the topic, I had to find it online by looking at problems people were having after the game's initial launch in 2020.

My system:
Core i7 12700k, RTX4090, SSD, 32GB RAM 3600Mhz.

Registered crash info file...
InternalVersion: 3.0.4940722 P4CL: 6460039 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Release
!!!CRASHED!!!
Error Reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to write to an inaccessible address at 0x7C48.
File: <Unknown>
Line: 0

Last edited:
Top Bottom