Best Quick Hacks vs Cyberpsychos?

+
Restarting the game as a Netrunner and planning ahead while I’m bored. The Stephenson Tech Mk 2 is likely the first *real* Cyberdeck I’ll be using after the paraline, and it has 4 slots. My own thoughts for filling those slots would be Overheat, Short Circuit, with Cripple Movement and/or Cyberware Malfunction, or perhaps Weapon Glitch? If Cyberware Malfunction really slowed down the movement of the Cyberpsychos and possibly did other things (?) I’d go for that, but otherwise? Cripple Movement simply seems superior, doesn’t it?

since cripple sounds handy in theory i never use(d) support quickhacks on psychos.... mostly use short circuit, contagion & overheat since they stack and are all non-leathal dmg >>> wont kill the psycho by accident. spamming these 3 (paired with optics reboot by breach or hard cast) from a roof/hidespot is enough to get through any encounter easily.

Just reviewed a Cripple Movement vs Cyberware Malfunction and one noticeable difference is the duration. 8 seconds vs 30? Cyberware Malfunction might not paralyze the enemy but at least it stops them using those Sandevistan / Berserk bursts of speed they seem to like so much. I guess I could possibly first paralyze with Cripple Movement, followed by Overheat, then Cyberware Malfunction, and last just hit him with Short Circuit and Overheat again, as necessary. I’m only worried about stacking non-lethal damage as I don’t want to kill him by accident. I was given to understand that if you knock an enemy to the ground alive and then hit them with more non-lethal damage they die regardless. May take some testing (re: reloads)

I was given to understand that if you knock an enemy to the ground alive and then hit them with more non-lethal damage they die regardless. May take some testing (re: reloads)
While this is true for weapons with dots/dot effect - it shouldn’t be the case for non-leathal quickhacks. there are reports that they do but it shouldn’t be the case generally. on my current runner i didnt face any issues with non-leathal QHs at all.

Guest 4561861

While this is true for weapons with dots/dot effect - it shouldn’t be the case for non-leathal quickhacks. there are reports that they do but it shouldn’t be the case generally. on my current runner i didnt face any issues with non-leathal QHs at all.
I recently did a netrunner build, and while rescuing the monk uysing only short circuit, he was disappointed that V had spilled blood of another. I did hit a couple of them with a second short circuit after the first one did not quite put them down, so maybe that was too much damage.

I usually also put on the mod that renders all weapon damage non-lethal, just as a precaution.
Personally, I found suicide / short circuit / cyberware malfunction to be very effective when used moderately.
Suicide can deal huge amounts of damage but of course, you have to be careful that the target doesn't kill itself, short circuit and cyberware malfunction mostly to keep them from using their mobility jank against you.

Running a pistol / netrunner hybrid with a focus on revolver skills.

Top Bottom