Play styles, what's fun and what's strong?

+
Most playstyles are viable, some are better then other tho and some is only great in specific situations. I generaly spend the first levels boosting tech and crafting so my first 2-25 levels are generaly very weak in combat. Still stealth is allways possible and i feel the whole gun and run playstyle is very limited especially at higher difficultys. With the resent nerfs too dmg output and armor some ammount of deffensive play is required. never got further then level 30 in 1.52 tho so it might change at later levels.

I'm on my second playthrough now, and a fair way through it (level 22 I think). What I'm asking about is "what are people's play styles" and what have you found to be interesting/fun ways to approach the game?

As with a lot of RPGs, well-made characters often end up being one-trick ponies. That is, they approach every group of enemies with the same basic precepts and lean heavily on their core competencies. That can make the game a little repetitive and grind-y the longer you are doing the same thing again and again. So, the main thrust of my question is "what play styles have made the game interesting and more enjoyable for you"?

For example, in my first playthrough, I played a streetkid Sandevistan-using Pistols/Revolvers Solo. Whilst I did use a bit of stealth I had virtually nothing invested in Cool or its perks (only the 20% stealth speed boost one). The character's use of stealth was really about observing & marking all of the enemy positions before launching an all-out assault. It didn't matter that enemies had spotted me because by the time my bullet-time had worn off, I was the last thing standing. I also had mantis blades fully up and running so for smaller clusters I could use those instead.

My second playthrough I'm playing a more classic corpo Netrunner style character. That's very much about taking out all of the enemies with quickhacks (often via cameras if available) without being detected, then casually strolling through and collecting the loot from their corpses. Although this netrunner is very strong I rarely feel under threat (like, I've not used a conventional weapon since about level 10). Also, pretty much the exact same tactic works in every single scenario. I very rarely need to swap my quickhacks out (sometimes I put in cyberware malfunction or cripple movement if I'm facing a boss). The usual loadout of short circuit, synapse overload, contagion, ping and (now I have 5 slots) cyberpsychosis is doing me just fine.

So - that 2nd playthrough is an example of a play style that's stronger than my first playthrough but actually IMO a little less fun because the same old tricks kill virtually everything in the game with very low effort required.

What other styles are popular? And what's fun?
I like the assault rifle, katana sniper build. i get to about 14 in reflex then start maxing out my tech so i can craft better weapons then back to reflex then max out strength. i dont even use quick hacks. Smasher is a joke with this build basically even on Very Hard everything is simple after level 30. i also put nothing into intelligence and the extra into cool for the critical bonuses

I started a new playthrough intending to try a high body high cool tank-like build... But I find it hard to muster the energy to go through the heist again. Its just so boring.... wish I wouldnt have to do it in order to access the city at large....

But Im curious whether high cool actually adds dialogue and how much
its really not that much i've never maxed out cool on my 4 or 5 play threws but i find myself putting my extra stats into it
Post automatically merged:

Oh god is he going to be a demon now? lol i Finished the game again last night i felt like he was running from me lol

My favorite out of everything I have tried is 20body 20cool 20tech and just throw the lefts overs into Int for datapoints. Get a Tech Shotgun and just watch the bodys fly!

Brawling is fun and stealth hacking is powerful.

I love watching people backflip when I gorilla arms punch them. When everyone is shooting guns, it's funny being the bullet sponge running around beating the shhh outta people.

I can play very hard mode since stealth hacking keeps me away from most threats.

Melee with Gorilla arms is OP. So I breach, upload contagion then hit those who don't die, but that doesn't happen much if you put points in Intelligence.

The reason I do that is that most games I play are gun based so you only get to hit with your gun, which I don't like doing.

Melee with Gorilla arms is OP. So I breach, upload contagion then hit those who don't die, but that doesn't happen much if you put points in Intelligence.

The reason I do that is that most games I play are gun based so you only get to hit with your gun, which I don't like doing.
i also like melee builds over range/hacking builds. sandvista with either reflex weapons (mantis, monowire, katana) or body weapons like clubs or gorilla is just fun. "warp dancing" through an army is really satisfying <3

Top Bottom