Biomonitor not working in 1.21? I never get healed :(

+
I read that some time ago there used to be a bug related to some cyber implants when combined with "Arm" cyberware, such as mantis blades. I had thought that was fixed now (by 1.21 at least). I also thought that related to Blood Pump (which I also have) and not Bio Monitor. I have just noticed that my legendary Bio Monitor isn't helping me. My Blood Pump is working just fine.

Here's a screenshot of my current cyberware loadout (hopefully the most important parts you can tell from the images, I can provide more info if needed).

2021-04-19_1257_1.png

The symptom I get is that it doesn't matter how low my health gets, my bio monitor never activates, I just end up dying or having to activate the Blood Pump to save myself.

Is this known to be still broken or is there a workaround? I've tried visiting a ripper and uninstalling/reinstalling the cyberware and that hasn't helped. What I haven't tried yet is switching it up for a legendary Second Heart instead. I meet all of the prereqs although I need to raise the funds (easy enough to do via crafting I suppose, I have tens of thousands of spare crafting components).

In General - what's the real logical difference between Bio Monitor and Second Heart? They both seem to have roughly the same in-game purpose. Is 2nd heart just "better to have" than Bio Monitor? Is one known to be bugged and the other not?

2nd heart works like a charm. aside that there is also an archivment for using 2nd heart - they are indeed pretty similar. tho bio should activate if you are pretty low health - what means you still can move and act in its use, while for 2nd heart you need to die and revive what gives your enemies time to move and act instead.

what makes 2nd heart supiror is you can survive gas tanks and mines as well - every insta kill which would end your run can be negated with it - what especially makes melee combat way more enjoyable. havent seen this gastank? didnt notice that robot will explode on final hit? with 2nd heart np ^^

Go for second heart, Got biomonitor and second heart and they work as intended.
But I think you'll be just fine using second heart.

Anyway I farm so much MaxDoc I just use them a lot during combat. Second heart is great when you missed mines or explosives and got instant-killed. Actually it saved me from a bug when I finished a cyberpsycho gig and suddenly a car exploded when I opened its door :sad:

2nd heart works like a charm. aside that there is also an archivment for using 2nd heart - they are indeed pretty similar. tho bio should activate if you are pretty low health - what means you still can move and act in its use, while for 2nd heart you need to die and revive what gives your enemies time to move and act instead.

what makes 2nd heart supiror is you can survive gas tanks and mines as well - every insta kill which would end your run can be negated with it - what especially makes melee combat way more enjoyable. havent seen this gastank? didnt notice that robot will explode on final hit? with 2nd heart np ^^
Yeah, I've just come to that same conclusion. Over the past half hour or so, I crafted a heap of uncommon Nekomata rifles & sold them all off in exchange for trading up for a 2nd heart. I then did a quick Assault In Progress and intentionally let them fill me full of lead to try it out. With bio monitor that same experiment ended with me dying and not coming back. With 2nd heart sure I went down but then got up again and continued, so yes, 2nd heart seems a far superior choice.

I'm less worried about enemies having a chance to move around. Between double-jump, Sandevistan, Kereznikov & the effect-prolonging/cooldown-reducing mods, I don't who you are or how many buddies you have, I can outflank you :LOL:

Oh, and I now have the V for Vendetta achievement as well. First thing I did after getting up was kick in Sandevistan and then tear every last one of those guys to shreds, the achievement popped up as I did it.
Post automatically merged:

I farm so much MaxDoc I just use them a lot during combat.
Gosh I don't remember the last time I used a MaxDoc. I remember selling about 300 of them, and another 200 bouncebacks a while ago, because I had amassed so many. I've had a (lower-grade) Blood Pump for ages, so any time I needed a health top-up I activated that, almost never used consumables for it after that point.

I use biomonitor and 2nd heart regularly and both of them work nicely. There however in case of biomonitor is needed to avoid damage which flatlines V, in which case will activate 2nd heart and not biomonitor.

... btw, with police forces upgrade are now both these systems really useful. Maxtac troops are quite heavy hitters now and they are coming in much more waves. In fights with them I get activated biomonitor regularly. With 2nd heart activation I needed flee to avoid reloading. (and this all with armour 4k+)

Anyway I farm so much MaxDoc I just use them a lot during combat. Second heart is great when you missed mines or explosives and got instant-killed. Actually it saved me from a bug when I finished a cyberpsycho gig and suddenly a car exploded when I opened its door :sad:
Yes, more than 2K uncommon :)
But only craft/use epics because second heart and other cyberware are not aviable for me.
Just 4 in body :D

Yes, more than 2K uncommon :)
But only craft/use epics because second heart and other cyberware are not aviable for me.
Just 4 in body :D
I don't pick up MaxDoc anymore, got like 500 on hand and I use them a LOT during combat (My V is some kind of firepower oriented solo with strong intelligence perks, love to hack and slash em :D

Last edited:
I think I understand. If my health is (say) 20% but I take a hit that does me (say) 21% of my max health, then I'm going down whether I have a bio monitor or not.

I think I will permanently use 2nd heart/blood pump combo. 2nd heart digs me out of the "oh shit, I died" scenario (including instant-kill stuff) but for needing quick healing, I prefer to have that under my control. if I see that the enemy is doing ~20% or more of my life per hit then I want to have control over when I take the healing, and not leaving it to chance that I will be somewhere between 1% and 15% health and not just plain dead.

Yeah, I'm playing a pure-combat Solo on this run-through. Maxxed-out Reflex & Body & (soon) Tech. I have very poor Cool (6 I think & no perks) and haven't touched Int at all in this play-through (still 3 with no perks in that area). In fact, the moment I could afford the Dynlar Sandevistan I threw away my cyberdeck altogether. Next run-through will be stealth/netrunner build instead.

I think I understand. If my health is (say) 20% but I take a hit that does me (say) 21% of my max health, then I'm going down whether I have a bio monitor or not.

I think I will permanently use 2nd heart/blood pump combo. 2nd heart digs me out of the "oh shit, I died" scenario (including instant-kill stuff) but for needing quick healing, I prefer to have that under my control. if I see that the enemy is doing ~20% or more of my life per hit then I want to have control over when I take the healing, and not leaving it to chance that I will be somewhere between 1% and 15% health and not just plain dead.

Yeah, I'm playing a pure-combat Solo on this run-through. Maxxed-out Reflex & Body & (soon) Tech. I have very poor Cool (6 I think & no perks) and haven't touched Int at all in this play-through (still 3 with no perks in that area). In fact, the moment I could afford the Dynlar Sandevistan I threw away my cyberdeck altogether. Next run-through will be stealth/netrunner build instead.
yeah bio activates if your life drops below 20% but wont kill you - like "puh that was close". 2nd heart is just "i dont have to care my first moves at all if i mess up - gg 2nd chance to make it better". For the netrunner build... imo its super fun at first but gets kinda boring fast if u reach legendary quick hacks - you are just godlike killing whole areas on a finger tip without any combat situation at all. circuit single target or poison grps - done.

Top Bottom