[2.0] Is iconic cyberware even worth using?

+
So I got to level 60 before even entering Dogtown, decked with around 250 points of Cyberware.

And now, in the Dogtown market, there is a bunch of iconic cyberware, which are improved versions of some of the normal cyberware (in most cases).

But cyberware points cost skyrocketed for these!!! I would need to remove around 3+ pieces of my regular cyberware just to replace one of my versions with iconics.

Since I am already level 60, can I even increase my base cyberware points anymore?
Loot drops? I pretty much cleared out base game locations.

Is it even worth it? Sacrificing multiple pieces of base cyberware parts to get a specific iconic one?

Are folks focusing on just getting one or two specific icons ones, while ignoring the rest due to cyberware point costs?

For reference, this is my Cyberware build when entering the Dogtown market for the first time.
Body: 6
Ref//Int/Cool: 20
Tech: 15

1699088463791.png

Last edited:
Some of them are absolutely insane, Apogee Sandevistan for example. Especially if you pair it up with Axolotl.

You can increase your cyberware at lv 60 but it's very tricky. You basically have to rely on RNG drops for cyberware shards or use the right skills. At your getting a cyberware capacity shard drop is 1% or less. That's why Edgerunner perk is highly recommended.

There seems to be a hidden soft cap around 300-320 capacity so you should still be able to increase yours. You can get over that cap if you activate said skills after you reach the cap. For example if you have 320 means you've reached the cap and cyberware shards won't drop for you, but if you get edgerunner after 320 you will have 370. But note, that once activated those skills will count towards the cap even if you deactivate them later. So if you reach 320 while having edgerunner and then deactivate it you'll get stuck at 270

If you're too lazy you can always dupe shards from one of the guaranteed drops

Last edited:
I got over the cap of 320 after having hit 60 and with edgerunner and all perks activated. Sitting at 329 and found a few shards (after a looong time) in the last 2 hours. Thats alot of armor btw. Not sure what weapon you are using but i guess 20 Tech 15 Reflexes would have been better.

Just my opinion, I guess everyone could see it differently, but most of iconic cyberwares are great, but generally not worth to remove few other "regular" ones to be able installing them. If I remember, I just have Sandevistan Apogee (kinda "required" for Sandevistan build^^) and Axolotl which increase reload time for cyberwares when defeating an enemy, every other cyberwares are "regular" ones.

But depending of your build and your playstyle (and/or your liking^^), you might choose removing some regular cyberwares to install an iconic one which provide great stats.

On side note, not sure how CDPR will "fix/rework" cyberware capacity in a futur patch (they're aware about shards and look into it), so we will see how it will be.

I got over the cap of 320 after having hit 60 and with edgerunner and all perks activated. Sitting at 329 and found a few shards (after a looong time) in the last 2 hours. Thats alot of armor btw. Not sure what weapon you are using but i guess 20 Tech 15 Reflexes would have been better.

When I created this build I was focusing on being a combat netrunner. So I thought it would be more important to keep good HP, instead of getting cyberware points.
Post automatically merged:

With all said, what I will probably do is pick iconic Cybersomatic Optimizer (100% crits and 10% damage for quickhacks), which upgraded to 5++ tier only takes -4 RAM.
And Immovable Force for -30%/-25% recoil/bullet spread.

And remove some of the heavy armor ones that take a lot of space and a few I used to make shooting better (like -18% stamina cost for shooting).

Here is the final version:
1699097293073.png

This led to my HP reduction from 505 to 436, due to loss of Titanium Bones (+15% to HP). This is the first thing I'll try to get back if I get more cyberware points.

Note that the new armor stat looks larger than it is since it always includes +90 armor from Rangeguard, when not in combat. But I did get a good increase in damage output of hacks and efficiency of weapons for a cost of 200-300 armor points.

Last edited:
Top Bottom