Broken Weapons NOT A BUG ?

+
Hey,

Just putting this out there since it seems to be coming up in a lot of different posts.

Sometimes weapons that are looted "Disappear" from inventory, many people think this is a bug, but to me this does not seem to be a bug. If you notice some weapons looted off of defeated enemies are shown as "Broken" in red letters if you scan them, when those weapons are looted, they are automatically disassembled and turned into crafting materials.

Maybe someone from CDPR can clarify, but this seems like a new mechanic that is working as intended. Anyway, like I said, instead of trying to get to each post calling this a bug I figured I'd drop some "Bold Text" and hopefully help spread the info around a bit.

EDIT, On second thought looking at some posts going around maybe this is not intended? maybe weapons should not break? but if it's a bug why would it grant materials? Little confused to exactly what's going on here. I'm like 90% sure this is intended, but looking around here maybe I'm confused and it is a bug?

Last edited:
I don't think it's a bug, either. When you attack somebody, and/or they drop their weapon, it makes sense that the weapon might break.
Hence why some weapons on the ground say "Broken" and loot as crafting components.

Looks like an intended change, especially since the patch notes include changes to loot and NPCs, and say
The full list of changes would be way too long to publish, but we've listed the most notable ones below

Haven't seen anything official from CDPR, though, so still pending confirmation one way or the other.

I don't think it's a bug, either. When you attack somebody, and/or they drop their weapon, it makes sense that the weapon might break.
Hence why some weapons on the ground say "Broken" and loot as crafting components.

Looks like an intended change, especially since the patch notes include changes to loot and NPCs, and say

Haven't seen anything official from CDPR, though, so still pending confirmation one way or the other.

So, you can't even sell them? Or is there like a limited time before they break?

So, you can't even sell them? Or is there like a limited time before they break?
I don't know how it works, beyond that it only happens sometimes, and that it can happen if you kill enemies with quickhacks, guns, and explosive items. I haven't used other types of attacks, such as melee, but I would imagine it's the same for those.

Maybe it's a % chance, maybe it's something else.

Weapons aint crystal glassed they dont break from dropping on the ground!

I was just posting about this on Twitter – I think both issues are occurring simultaneously.

Weapons can now have a 'broken' state when dropped by enemies. I noticed this on a rifle that was dropped from a dead ganger.

Looted items are not being added to the inventory correctly. I looted a few items from a crate and they didn't appear in my inventory, I was able to clip that and have submitted as a bug.

Edit: just realised no one had mentioned the items bug here but that's also a thing, alongside broken weapons.

Last edited:
I can explain. Weapons sell for much, much more now, so they balanced it by making them break sometimes. When you pick up the broken weapon, it does not appear in your inventory, because, if you look at the screen, it immediately loots it as a crafting part.

So there are two things happening simultaneously.

Yes, weapons can now drop in a broken state, which is not a bug.

There is also a bug where some weapons are not being added to the inventory, or possibly that weapons which should not ever be broken are spawning as broken items, though I think it's the former. I completed one of the boss NCPD Scanner Hustles that drops an iconic weapon, looted the weapon but nothing was added to the inventory.

Edit: it's possible that the issues with weapons not being added to the inventory correctly is limited to Buzzsaw. That item doesn't get added to inventory when you loot it.

Last edited:
I wish it was a bug. I am not a fan of the broken weapon system. After hitting level 60 I get 99 percent broken weapons. Nothing like finding the weapon of your dreams only to have it automatically disassembled before your eyes never to be seen again.

And the crafting system is no better only being able to upgrade iconics. Maybe i don't want to use iconics. Maybe I want to use a gun I like with a skin I like.

Top Bottom