[BUG] cannot play with friends

+
[BUG] cannot play with friends

I am trying to play with a friend, but it does not work. We get see the invitation in game, but we can't do anything with it. To accept it, we have to go in the GOG chat. Once accepted, it launches the game a second time simply goes to the menu, just like it would normally do when the game is launched.

Blackluc;n6867510 said:
I am trying to play with a friend, but it does not work. We get see the invitation in game, but we can't do anything with it. To accept it, we have to go in the GOG chat. Once accepted, it launches the game a second time simply goes to the menu, just like it would normally do when the game is launched.

Oh yes, this was tricky... But it works somehow (could be better though, so it's worth reporting to support: https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support).

This is how I managed to do it: Go to your game settings and disable full screen -> then put down that game window and chat with your friend, decide who sends the invitation, then open your game windows and magic should happen. For some reason it doesn't work via GOG chat. Invitation must be accepted in game window. Also it doesn't seem to work if your game window is down when the invitation comes. That's why you need to decide who sends it and you both have to be in game window when it happens.

If it doesn't work this way, I don't know any other ways.

Sunsibar;n6869470 said:
Oh yes, this was tricky... But it works somehow (could be better though, so it's worth reporting to support: https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support).

This is how I managed to do it: Go to your game settings and disable full screen -> then put down that game window and chat with your friend, decide who sends the invitation, then open your game windows and magic should happen. For some reason it doesn't work via GOG chat. Invitation must be accepted in game window. Also it doesn't seem to work if your game window is down when the invitation comes. That's why you need to decide who sends it and you both have to be in game window when it happens.

Sunsibar;n6869470 said:

Thank you, it worked. So basically to play with a friend, both players press alt+enter to enter windowed mode, send & and accept the invitation and press alt+enter again to enjoy the game in fullscreen.

ok so does anyone want to send me a game invite ?

have not added too many people on gog, as I mostly play on steam, uplay and origin, mostly though is steam, the rest I pretty much only play singles on with the exception of uplay for division

Rage2020;n7069540 said:
Sunsibar, ty. How ever it is supposed to work cross platform right?
I don't have any idea about that, sorry. Since cross playing is possible, one could think that it goes with friend matches too, but I really don't know. You can ask this from support: https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

And if you do that, please come back and tell us what they said :)

well I know its going to be on both Steam and Gog, as well as X1, it does have the potential to hit the playstore and the apple store as well (depending on system specs of devices), so it would make seance if they did. they would gain a larger player base.

Can someone help me? It seems that i can't be challenged by my friends (while in gwent no requests arrive to me) but i can challenge them.. what could be the problem?
Thanks.

Top Bottom