BUG: Max Jones/Freedom of the press duplicate

+
Max Jones from Freedom of the press gig is found on the street outside his office. He will aggro V if attacking Maelstrom gangers too close. This is a duplicate that has opened the main gate to go out (running inside to do mission and Max Jones will be there), but if you happened to aggro Max and kill him, he will be dead on arrival to office and mission will fail. Might have been attracted to me blowing up Maelstrom vehicles outside the hotel nearby.

Last edited:
I had exactly the same bug occur and frankly it has derailed my entire experience of the game.
I was fighting the Maelstrom guys down an alleyway opposite the TV Station. When three other Maelstrom and a civvie (Max) aggroed on me from behind. So after killing them all, I go and do the entire Delamain missing car questline (among a few other things) for the next two hours, only to find that due to Max's bugged behaviour, I cannot complete the Freedom of the Press gig anymore.
Please tell me how to reset Max, as I was simply doing what the game encourages us to do - killing gang members with bounties.

The same, with patch 1.2 now it lets us do the mission, but it is useless, because as you walk through the door it says "mission failed". And even if we complete everything and put Max in the trunk, he never says "mission completed".

Top Bottom