[BUG] - NPC Neck Meshes Breaking Apart

+
Since 2.0 there is a severe case of neck meshes breaking themselves apart on majority of NPCs openly showing their necks. What started 11 months ago as a bug affecting only a few NPCs has now wide spread to a vast majority of them. Such as;
  • Dexter DeShawn while riding in his vehicle
  • Meredith Stout (showcased in the video)
  • Jackie (as he was sitting in front of the megabuilding eating asian food)
  • Judy (showcased in videos)
  • River (mostly when driving and at his home)
  • Hanako (showcased in the video)
  • Carol (showcased in the video)
  • And many more...
How broken their necks end up being varies from NPC to NPC, but they're all displaying this in some degree.

Last edited:
Yeah, it’s very distracting in some of the most impactful moments and wasn’t that way in 1.63. Hopefully it will get fixed soon.

Hopefully 3rd time's the charm because this is the third time I'm reporting this ^^

First time 11 months ago during 1.61, then 1.62 and now 2.0.

Unfortunately nope, has to be reported to Support so it can get properly fixed. It is a global in-game issue.

Yep, already reported it, the more people report this to CDPR, higher the chance it will get fixed. Get on it chooms..
Here´s the report visual issue link: CDPR Technical Support

Last edited:
Hey guys, so just got back an email from Support about this issue asking to check if it still occurs after 2.02. So I checked out both Meredith and V (cases shown above) and their necks are no longer breaking apart.

Could anyone else check and confirm whether Judy or Hanako are fixed as well so I can officially cross it off the bug list. It's a global mesh issue so I believe everyone should be fixed now, but would like to be sure.

Wow, that´s surprising if true, didn´t expect that tbh. But it´s true that I was watching a streamer moments ago and the Judy scene no longer showcased any neck issues- 2.02 Fixed neck mesh of Judy - Twitch In this scene it was always very visible. Not sure about other ones- Hanako,River.. but it seems, it´s most likely fixed. (y) :D

Ah excellent, just what I wanted to see.

In that case this bug is now officially off the list, hooray! :D

Top Bottom