[BUG] - "Venus In Furs" Quest Flow

+
The quest "Venus In Furs" which is started by Meredith Stout via a text message during ACT II is unfortunately not starting as it should.

The quest is supposed to flow like this;
  • Meredith Stout sends V a text message during ACT II saying that everything with Militech played out just as she hoped and that her and V don't know each other.
  • This gives V a chance to flirtatiously reply back and thus start the quest "Venus In Furs"
  • After their meet at the motel, Meredith will send another reply to the initial text message.
Unfortunately the quest flow is bugged so what happens instead is this;
  • Meredith Stout does not send a text at all no matter how much time passes, instead she only texts if V interacts with the Militech Crate already in the apartment
  • Because of this when V interacts with the crate, Meredith will weirdly enough simultaneously send two text messages (one in which she hopes to never see V again, while in the other wanting to see V immediately and starting the quest)
  • Also her initial text message will entirely skip the 2nd half of it, not giving V a chance to reply back (seen at 00:29 in the video for a split second)

Missing second half of the text;

Last edited:
Meredith Stout does not send a text at all no matter how much time passes, instead the Militech Crate which is the quest's completion reward is already available at the apartment before the quest is even begun.
I might misunderstood, if it's the case, sorry :)
But this crate is the reward for finding the mole during The Pickup which is only possible if you're nomad. This crate have nothing to do with the following "Venus in Furs" quest. I always received this crate shortly after the beginning of Act 2 while "Venus In Furs" started a bit later (not sure what's trigger it).

Ah you're right, thanks for clarifying that. Completely forgot about it.

Unfortunately that still leaves the quest trigger itself being bugged since I'm now 20 hours into ACT II and she only texts IF I interact with the crate, otherwise she doesn't make a single beep. Pretty sure she texted me almost immediately in 1.6 once I got into ACT II.

In any case it's weird simultaneously getting both messages like this; one telling me she hopes to never see me again but then immediately calling me over with another. Definitely wasn't what I experienced back in 1.6 :D

Could be a PC issue.
(I'm on Xbox), I checked my previous playthrough (started in 2.0), Nomad, I find the mole, I received the crate and I didn't touch the crate during the whole game. But I received Meredith messages to start "Venus In Furs" and according how far the quest is in my quest journal, it was not very long after Act 2. So no issue on my side.
I'll keep an eye on that in my new playthrough (started in 2.01), but I'm Corpo, so I won't receive the crate :)
Cyberpunk 2077-2023_10_07-09_08_38.jpegCyberpunk 2077-2023_10_07-09_09_10.jpeg

Thank you for providing some more info, it's super helpful.

What I also just realized is that the initial text message is actually bugged as well. It's actually skipping the entire 2nd half of Meredith's initial message to which V is also supposed to reply to. Happens for a split second at 00:29 in the video.

So weird and messed up.

Last edited:
Thank you for providing some more info, it's super helpful.

What I also just realized is that the initial text message is actually bugged as well. It's actually skipping the entire 2nd half of Meredith's initial message to which V is also supposed to reply to. Happens for a split second at 00:29 in the video.

So weird and messed up.
I just tested. This bug still happens in the 2.1 version. I have the NOMAD path. I wish I got the message about the crate. I haven't seen it before. I realized there is a crate because this quest didn't show up and then I found this post haha.

I recommend sending a bug report to CDPR so this gets some traction, because they are gathering data on this quest so hopefully they can fix it.

Top Bottom