[BUG] Patch 2.01 unlocked achievements for things I didn't do yet

+
As soon as I loaded my savegame after 2.01 update, some achievements unlocked for me (GOG Galaxy version). I'm still on my first playthrough and it even unlocked an achievement for completing the main storyline and maxing one of the skills and I'm far from that. I'm also still going through the gigs in Heywood and didn't even start with NCPD quests in Santo Domingo, yet it also unlocked. I also don't have Second Heart (although I saw it once but never bought it), same with Berserk. It's not that big of a deal for me. It would be if it'd unlock all the achievements as I waited in fear if that's the case, but fortunately it was only some.

Savefile: https://www.mediafire.com/file/tccxpt276a0979b/ManualSave-573.zip/file

Attached screenshots below.

CyberpunkAchievementsBug1.png
CyberpunkAchievementsBug2.png
CyberpunkAchievementsBug3.png
CyberpunkAchievementsBug4.png

Lol, yeah, I've just come here to complain about the same thing.

I've never done those endings in my life. I detest and despise them.

Screenshot 2023-10-06 16-37-31 - Copy.png

I think it is pretty much everyone who logged in with certain version. So... that should catch their attention quickly.

Yeah. On Xbox it unlocked the devil ending for me. Even tho I didn’t played it. But I won’t complain to be fair

By any chance, had all of you who are affected by this bug unlocked at least one Phantom Liberty achievement, or met the requirements for at least one but the achievements were bugged and hadn't triggered?

I haven't been affected by this bug, but I also have not even started the expansion on any character.

Just a guess, but I think there might be a connection since PL achievements were (largely) bugged until 2.01.

By any chance, had all of you who are affected by this bug unlocked at least one Phantom Liberty achievement, or met the requirements for at least one but the achievements were bugged and hadn't triggered?

I haven't been affected by this bug, but I also have not even started the expansion on any character.

Just a guess, but I think there might be a connection since PL achievements were (largely) bugged until 2.01.
I sure unlocked many PL achievements, and was among the first 0.1% who did it. Can't say I paid much attention whether PL missed to award something.

I didn't even unlock the Phantom Liberty quest yet (look at my screenshot with the quests list - I have a quest to go to Pacifica for the first time, but I'm focused on clearing NCPD and gigs in other disctricts first). I preordered the DLC, though, got the preorder car without issues just after the 2.0 update.
Post automatically merged:

Did any of you play further, and was it a one time thing, or random achievements keep unlocking when you progress further? I didn't really play since it happened and I wonder if it's safe to play further before the next update.

Last edited:
Had 6 achievements unlock today after loading into my OG save. Have never used a mod. One of them that popped, Ten out of Ten, and my highest skill is only at like 70%. :shrug:

Had the same happen on PS5, I legit unlocked a trophy (shoot grenade with a revolver in the air) and It autopopped a load of trophies I have nowhere near the ability to do yet.
Kerrry storyline, never even met him at all.
Doing all hustles and gigs in areas.
Superhero landing and second heart revenge kills, despite I never had that cyberware installed.
Doing all cyberpsychos.

Same thing happened here on PC (GOG version), loading a 2.0 save after applying 2.1. Except instead of The World I got Wheel of Fortune.

None for me. I got PL installed but didn't start the questline yet.. Right now I'm suspecting Rough Landing might be the culprit. With the respec option given to old saves, I purchased the Quake skill that was added with 2.0, which unlocks the ability to cause superhero landings (before 2.0 it was activated by falling from a certain height while Berserk was active*). This might have flagged the save as one of those who had retroactively earned an achievement, because that's an old one I didn't fulfill the requirements for until now, while I was playing with the new skill and the new improved Berserk on 2.0.

(I have no proof for this but I noticed other players with the bug always seem to get Rough Landing, especially MartineDee above who only got this one and two unearned ending related achievements)

* https://www.trueachievements.com/a317483/rough-landing-achievement

(0:25 shows the old superhero landing description)

Last edited:
same happened to me. Unlocked 'The Devil' ending and never played. Does this affect the story? kind of like my other ending. Don't know what to do.

Looks like some saves may have been crossed among players.
Try avoiding using cross save for a few months.
I turned it off since 2.0 dropped.
Onedrive and Steam backup are enough for now.

If really needed, just turn it back on, upload and back off again.
Then play on another platform.

Top Bottom