[Bug] PC Version Double Life Braindance

+
Hello! I'm currently on my third playthrough and just reached the "Double Life" mission with Judy. I enter the BD after the start of the mission, and encountered a bug. The Voodoo Boy's altar doesn't show up as scannable, and neither do the Pacifica pamphlets. I've reloaded saves, both to just after Disasterpiece finishes, and before the BD starts, but nothing seems to be working. Has anyone encountered this bug before, and, if so, figured out a fix for it? Many thanks!

I could be wrong, but I don't remember any similar issue before (on the forum at least).
So at first, which platform ?
If on PC, do you use mods ? (or used on this save)
On PC, did you try to verify the game files before reloading a save ?
If on console, try to clear the cache ?

I could be wrong, but I don't remember any similar issue before (on the forum at least).
So at first, which platform ?
If on PC, do you use mods ? (or used on this save)
On PC, did you try to verify the game files before reloading a save ?
If on console, try to clear the cache ?
I am on PC. using mods, but none that should be interfering with quest item spawns, but I will check. This also never impacted my first modded playthrough, so it is of new occurrence to me.

I am on PC. using mods, but none that should be interfering with quest item spawns, but I will check. This also never impacted my first modded playthrough, so it is of new occurrence to me.

It's rather irrelevant if your mods should or shouldn't mess with these quests. The simple fact is that a mod affecting X system can have effects it's not supposed to on Y system.

There are a few possibilities here.

- Whatever mods you are using, make sure they are updated to their latest version. In an ideal world, these new version were released after the latest game patch. If they have not, check every mod page to verify if issues have been reported on these individual mods. Note that no issues reported for a mod does not mean it is not causing issue when used in conjunction with another mod.

- Disabling mods through the launcher is not disabling mods entirely. You can try manually deleting every mod you have installed but there is no certainty in doing that. The only way to ensure a proper vanilla state is through a clean install as described here. Note that this may not fix modded saves and may require starting over.

- You can also try looking for some console commands to use through CET to force it to happen. I can't tell you where to easily find it but theoretically, you could force almost any event through the console. The CET Discord would be able to give you more information on this if it's at all possible. Thing is, there is no telling what you may break in doing so and you might just be pushing back the issue and making it worse.

Hello! I'm currently on my third playthrough and just reached the "Double Life" mission with Judy. I enter the BD after the start of the mission, and encountered a bug. The Voodoo Boy's altar doesn't show up as scannable, and neither do the Pacifica pamphlets. I've reloaded saves, both to just after Disasterpiece finishes, and before the BD starts, but nothing seems to be working. Has anyone encountered this bug before, and, if so, figured out a fix for it? Many thanks!
I have the exact same issue and no solution despite trying for hours, did you find something since?

Hey
Hey, had the exact same issue and had to troubleshoot it myself. You probably dont have the same mods I do, but this worked for me. I took out all of my mods and played the vanilla mission to completion. Then, I put the mods back in. I took out the mods folder from Cyberpunk 2077/archive/pc/mod. Cyberpunk 2077/bin/x64/plugins/cyber_engine_tweaks/mods. And then the mods folder in the main Cyberpunk folder. If it doesn't work, look around for more locations of mod folders that change game files. Cheers, hope this helps all of you.
Post automatically merged:

I have the exact same issue and no solution despite trying for hours, did you find something since?
Check my comment above, see if it works for you.
Post automatically merged:

It's rather irrelevant if your mods should or shouldn't mess with these quests. The simple fact is that a mod affecting X system can have effects it's not supposed to on Y system.

There are a few possibilities here.

- Whatever mods you are using, make sure they are updated to their latest version. In an ideal world, these new version were released after the latest game patch. If they have not, check every mod page to verify if issues have been reported on these individual mods. Note that no issues reported for a mod does not mean it is not causing issue when used in conjunction with another mod.

- Disabling mods through the launcher is not disabling mods entirely. You can try manually deleting every mod you have installed but there is no certainty in doing that. The only way to ensure a proper vanilla state is through a clean install as described here. Note that this may not fix modded saves and may require starting over.

- You can also try looking for some console commands to use through CET to force it to happen. I can't tell you where to easily find it but theoretically, you could force almost any event through the console. The CET Discord would be able to give you more information on this if it's at all possible. Thing is, there is no telling what you may break in doing so and you might just be pushing back the issue and making it worse.
I got the idea from this guy here. Props to you for being so concise with your explanation, it was very informative. Have a good one.

Top Bottom