[BUG] - RTX Applies A Chroma Effect To Skin

+
1697092416764.png

well, here's hoping for the next patch

I saw this happening to many people but somehow that wasn't the case for me, maybe they'll fix it soon...

Just means you either didn't pay attention, don't have rt reflections enabled which are the cause of this bug or you are running path tracing which doesn't have it apart from that there is no fix and everyone has this bug.

Edit Still not fixed in 2.02 i assume chances for a fix any time soon are slim at this point.

Last edited:
This seems to be caused by the global illumination bake.

More specifically, the distant GI is the culprit. If we disable it, the issue will disappear, in addition to distant GI. So, not something you can call a fix, but something nonetheless.

INI:
[Developer/FeatureToggles]
DistantGI = false

Put this in a custom .ini if you want to see for yourself. As I said, you will lose out on distant GI, but the near GI will remain.

Caused me to turn off RT.

Come to think of it, I've ended up turning off RT in nearly every game where I've tried it. When it works, it's beautiful. Too many times when it just doesn't work though.

Thanks for filing this. I've been toggling RT on and off. 'cause I just cannot quit bragging about my ray tracing superiority completely.

For me the chrome effect on people only happens when I set the game to "raytracing ultra" preset, however on "Medium" and "Overdrive" the effect is gone. Not check in the recent 2.02 version but this was certainly in the case in 2.01

For me the chrome effect on people only happens when I set the game to "raytracing ultra" preset, however on "Medium" and "Overdrive" the effect is gone. Not check in the recent 2.02 version but this was certainly in the case in 2.01
well of course since medium preset disables rt reflections which is the culprit. and path tracing also doesnt have the isssue

Aaah so it's caused by RT reflections. I'll try to disable it /enable PT and see if it goes away.

Top Bottom