[BUG] - Tyger Claw Tattoo Cyberware Stats

+
The Tyger Claw Tattoo cyberware, given to V by Wakako for completing The Gig mission, has several issues related to its stats;
  • It comes without any stats whatsoever
  • The very first T1 to T1+ upgrade does not have any resource cost
  • It also does not have any cyberware capacity cost
  • The Intelligence Attunement available from T3 and onward does not increase Smart-Gun damage at all
  • As an INT cyberware it also doesn't provide any RAM at all unlike Smart Link does

Unrelated to the bug; with 2.0 it now finally shows up visually on the arm and it's pretty awesome it has unique stats in comparison to Smart Link. Yay ^^

Last edited:
I updraded mine to T5, and it doesn't have any cost, which I think it's intended, it's a tattoo :)
The Intelligence Attunement available from T3 and onward does not increase Smart-Gun damage at all
I though it was because I did not hold a smart weapon, but could be a bug (never tried other smart links).

Nah, all evidence points to it being a giant oversight because of the numerous issues mentioned above, it's simply not behaving in accordance with the reworks. And it's not really a tattoo anymore either since it now became an actual fully-upgradable unique cyberware with its own stats, which are different from Smart Link.

Pre-2.0 it was a useless cosmetic cyberware that merely enabled smart targeting, but did not have any rarities and did not even visually show on the arm since it was bugged. Same as Johnny's tattoo.

I bet his tattoo is bugged as well, but I'm too early into the game to check it :D

Pre-2.0 it was a useless cosmetic cyberware that merely enabled smart targeting, but did not have any rarities and did not even visually show on the arm since it was bugged. Same as Johnny's tattoo.
Oh, I found it pretty useful pre-2.0... Just because it provided a kind of "smart bullet" shield, i.e chances to avoid/deflect smart bullets. In the same way as some Tygers were almost immune to smart weapons. Bullets went everywhere except on the tygers locked. Also I had no use of any other hand cyberwares.
To be honest, I used it in my 2.0/2.01 playthroughs, only because it provided bonuses for free capacity :D

Didn't try Johnny tattoo, removed it right away... I don't remember it have any capacity value nor bonuses (but I didn't try to upgrade it, if it's even possible^^)

On side note, like Johnny tattoo, it now appear on your arm in first person... I don't know if it was fixed in 1.63, but I'm sure tattoos didn't appear in first person in 1.61 (but appeared in photo mode).

Last edited:
Oh yeah, that's right. If I recall correctly V was also unable to smart-lock them as well because of it :D

Btw I also just noticed it does not even provide +2 RAM like Smart Link does. Crap, I already sent the report >.<

That's why I've never used it. An ugly tattoo that doesn't do anything useful when not using smart weapons... no thanks.
It if the 0 capacity value is a bug, yeah.
But currently, a cyberware with 0 capacity value which provide bonuses (headshot bonus + melee damage bonus + health regen bonus for me), yes thanks :)

It if the 0 capacity value is a bug, yeah.
But currently, a cyberware with 0 capacity value which provide bonuses (headshot bonus + melee damage bonus + health regen bonus for me), yes thanks :)
I literally couldn't care less if the 0 cost is a bug or not.

The tattoo provides no useful bonus for me, and is really ugly. Smart Link is infinitely better.

Now, if the tattoo is supposed to provide extra RAM but doesn't due to some bug, it might be worth considering.

I'll be sure to notify Support that it's lacking RAM if they send an email back to confirm they're looking into it, because yeah not really useful for Netrunners as an INT cyberware otherwise. RAM is too sacred since 2.0 :D

I literally couldn't care less if the 0 cost is a bug or not.

The tattoo provides no useful bonus for me, and is really ugly. Smart Link is infinitely better.

Now, if the tattoo is supposed to provide extra RAM but doesn't due to some bug, it might be worth considering.
I was always literally on the edge on cyberware capacity and most of hand cyberwares aren't very useful for me. So if one cost 0 and provide some useful bonuses for my build (like I say, stealth damage bonus, melee damages bonus, headshot bonus,...), I take it.
Better than nothing and better than an empty slot anyway (I'm currently at 318/320, so impossible to install anything else^^)

Edit : But yes, if you use smart weapons and/or cyberdeck, it is clearly not worth compared to regular smart links. But for me, who do not use smart weapons and have a Sandevistan, it's a good way to get additional bonuses without capacity cost (which could be a bug, waiting an answer to @Crimsomrider report^^).

Last edited:
Just a tiny update that Support reached back and that they're now looking into the issue.

I also added as a reply that the cyberware is not providing any bonus RAM, which makes it vastly inferior to Smart Link. So hopefully it is brought up to be an actual competitor to Smart Link.

Top Bottom