taking a hiatus until 2.0.2 or when cyberware issues are resolved.

+
As the title says, i'm taking a break, with 2.0 I started my 5th playthrough, decided to complete all vanilla content (had 100% game completion with a couple previous playthroughs), level up until 60, complete my build and with it enjoy phantom liberty to it's fullest potential.

Then i hit level 52 when 2.0.1 was released then realised that i'm not getting more cyberware capacity from leveling up so i thought to myself "well, you can get it from capacity extender shards just from killing mobs", then also realised that tier 4 cyberware gives less bonuses than superior tiers, you actually downgrade them stats, and they do apply, it's not a UI bug, and also realised my BIS mantis blades are downgraded to tier 1 and i'm unable to upgrade them back again, yeah, i can buy new blades, but they won't have the BIS rolls i had so a few days ago when i sat down in front of the comptuer to game for a bit, i didn't launch cyberpunk even though i'm dying to play the new expansion, but i wanna do it with my build, proper, with my clothes, proper, and with no annoying crap going on, so i guess ima just chill for a bit.

I guess that what they say about patience coming with age is true... #oldmillennialsftw

Hopefully when they fix all these issues they are gonna fix it so i can have my BIS mantis blades with them rolls as they where and won't be stuck with new ones with crap bonuses ^_^

The issue with not getting any cyberware capacity from leveling up might be just an UI bug. I had the same for a bit.

The reason is that arm cyberware sometimes does not cost capacity at the ripperdoc. So you can unkowningly exceed you actual capacity. If you are, the UI might not update your cyberware capacity when you lvl up (since you are already over it anyway). If you unistalll you arm cyberware it should however show.

What is almost certainly bugged now , however is is the cyberware capacity shard drop rate. The droprate seems to be tied to the level, so its relatively easy to farm then somewhat reliably when you are low level (under 30ish) from killing normal enemies. On higher leves this doesnt work anymore.

Also, some named enemies (cyberpsychos) in dogtown always (or at least very, very often) drop a green cyber capacity shard WHEN YOU ARE BELOW LVL 59. After you hit llv 60, these will no longer (or at leasst very, very rarely) drop. Just tested it myself, and there are already several youtube videos on this topic.

The issue with not getting any cyberware capacity from leveling up might be just an UI bug. I had the same for a bit.

The reason is that arm cyberware sometimes does not cost capacity at the ripperdoc. So you can unkowningly exceed you actual capacity. If you are, the UI might not update your cyberware capacity when you lvl up (since you are already over it anyway). If you unistalll you arm cyberware it should however show.

What is almost certainly bugged now , however is is the cyberware capacity shard drop rate. The droprate seems to be tied to the level, so its relatively easy to farm then somewhat reliably when you are low level (under 30ish) from killing normal enemies. On higher leves this doesnt work anymore.

Also, some named enemies (cyberpsychos) in dogtown always (or at least very, very often) drop a green cyber capacity shard WHEN YOU ARE BELOW LVL 59. After you hit llv 60, these will no longer (or at leasst very, very rarely) drop. Just tested it myself, and there are already several youtube videos on this topic.
welp, then maybe i'm going to need to mod the game to get the capacity i need.

is quite annoying to have this cyberware capacity new gimmick be so random, it stops one from properly planning the build, i call that poor game design.

Choom, just imagine my pain as console player.
I am not able to use any mods on ps5, not able to instal previous version of the game, my 60+ hours character is bugged after 2.01 update (incorrect cyberwere stats, skills are not working correctly, saves are corrupting because of chimera core (managed to solve this, but it was a close call: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/corrupted-save-issue.11122087/#post-13678921).
I am just sick of waiting for CDPR to fix all of this.
They are not even released single tweet that there is 2.02 patch in the works.
@Alicja.
I don't know if you are reading this, but if there is a chance, please, communicate our pain to whoever is responsible of community management, thanks!

Choom, just imagine my pain as console player.
I am not able to use any mods on ps5, not able to instal previous version of the game, my 60+ hours character is bugged after 2.01 update (incorrect cyberwere stats, skills are not working correctly, saves are corrupting because of chimera core (managed to solve this, but it was a close call: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/corrupted-save-issue.11122087/#post-13678921).
I am just sick of waiting for CDPR to fix all of this.
They are not even released single tweet that there is 2.02 patch in the works.
@Alicja.
I don't know if you are reading this, but if there is a chance, please, communicate our pain to whoever is responsible of community management, thanks!
i do feel your pain, however, #pcmasterracememe... :shrug:

There a fews strange issues with cyberware. I really hope these will be fixed in the next update. I'm also tempted to stop playing until it's fixed.

My abject worry is how quickly will CDPR move on from this game, even if that means the game will still be in a very broken state. Will they fix as many bugs as they can to ensure that the final product is as polished as it can be, or will they make the game so it's still playable yet is about as unstable as a relationship counsellor waiting room during an earthquake? When I asked during a stream, they simply responded with "We shall see".

Makes me nervous as hell as a consumer who, even at launch when it was almost unplayable, really loved this game. I mean, this isn't AC Unity PC launch day. It's still very much playable, but there are still tons of bugs that need fixing. Sounds not playing, T-posing models, and graphical glitches.

The best thing we can do is report all the bugs and get CDPR to get those patches rolling out so they can move on from this game knowing it's polished as hell.

Will they fix as many bugs as they can to ensure that the final product is as polished as it can be
being cdpr i'd like to think that not only they are goingto polish the game but they will even release at least one minor content update.
I have zero faith in the video game industry anymore
this is what happens when a company made a good product, here come the ones that know how to sell said product, the marketing people, they end up running things, and they have no idea what it was that made said product great to begin with, happens in games, happens in tech industry (apple, lol), happens with everything.

I feel like my Capacity is way too low. Level 60, Edgerunner tree maxed out, 300ish Capacity, But the bar looks like I have a long way to go before maxing out, Also some of the tool tips seem off for implants and sometimes it says I don't have the requirement but I should have enough capacity. SO it's definitely a little bit more buggy than I initially realized. Also maybe its just my bad luck, But I feel like the shards almost never drop for me, Like I've got them a few times, but they seem super rare to me. Haven't had a single one drop since level 50.

got yesterday the feedback from support that they are aware of the cyberware capacity issue. They are looking into it. Hopefully the next patch will fix it

in my opinion, the whole capacity thing is too random, based on drops, and most of all, it stopping at level 60, is just so random and keeps players from properly planning a build.

As the title says, i'm taking a break, with 2.0 I started my 5th playthrough, decided to complete all vanilla content (had 100% game completion with a couple previous playthroughs), level up until 60, complete my build and with it enjoy phantom liberty to it's fullest potential.

Then i hit level 52 when 2.0.1 was released then realised that i'm not getting more cyberware capacity from leveling up so i thought to myself "well, you can get it from capacity extender shards just from killing mobs", then also realised that tier 4 cyberware gives less bonuses than superior tiers, you actually downgrade them stats, and they do apply, it's not a UI bug, and also realised my BIS mantis blades are downgraded to tier 1 and i'm unable to upgrade them back again, yeah, i can buy new blades, but they won't have the BIS rolls i had so a few days ago when i sat down in front of the comptuer to game for a bit, i didn't launch cyberpunk even though i'm dying to play the new expansion, but i wanna do it with my build, proper, with my clothes, proper, and with no annoying crap going on, so i guess ima just chill for a bit.

I guess that what they say about patience coming with age is true... #oldmillennialsftw

Hopefully when they fix all these issues they are gonna fix it so i can have my BIS mantis blades with them rolls as they where and won't be stuck with new ones with crap bonuses ^_^
I'm also taking the same approach. Sad to have to wait but this is not what I had planned after so many months waiting.

this is what happens when a company made a good product, here come the ones that know how to sell said product, the marketing people, they end up running things, and they have no idea what it was that made said product great to begin with, happens in games, happens in tech industry (apple, lol), happens with everything.

Yep. Corporations ruined the music industry and then they ruined the film industry and now they're ruining the video game industry. I find it amusing that a video game with such a strong anti-corporate message in it's story has been so marred by corporate bullshittery. CDPR have got to be the biggest hypocrites in video gaming. This is probably the last game I'll ever buy from them and my "Do Not Buy From" list is getting so long that I'm seriously thinking about just abandoning the hobby altogether and I've been playing video games for over forty years.

I'm also taking the same approach. Sad to have to wait but this is not what I had planned after so many months waiting.
don't get me wrong, i don't mind waiting, and i'm not mad at all [...]

i understand that as time goes, software is more and more complex and the more complex anything is more prone to failure, i just wished they'd fix the cyberware capacity crap on 2.0.1...

I've uninstalled it now... I think 3 years is long enough to wait for a game to be fixed - some would say too long - but they always seem to manage to break new things when they change something, and many old things are still broken.

I might look again when PL is in a half price, or less, sale... but if it's still not fixed I won't buy it.

I've not been playing either. I bought PL and played a bit, but then 2.01 dropped and randomly downgraded most of my arms cyberware. I'm also unable to quickhack anything anymore after buying the Chrome Compressor (can't switch back to cyberdecks at the cyberdoc), and I can't upgrade my existing cyberware unless I buy new versions of everything.

I opened a ticket and support has been completely useless, it's been a week and their only communication has been to do a complete reinstall and send them my game files, which I did. Hearing about corrupted saves and the number of bugs that 2.0 and 2.01 introduced, without any statement from CDPR, is infuriating and disappointing. No acknowledgement of bugs/known issues, and no statement on a timeline for fixes? Feels like we're right back where we started at launch.

Last edited:
I'm also unable to quickhack anything anymore after buying the Chrome Compressor
Chrome Compressor is installed, or you simply bought it?

If installed, I never tried myself, but as far as I know, it's an operating system... which mean it replace your cyberdeck. So without cyberdeck, it seem normal (and intended) to not be able to perform hacks (even basic ones, like distract enemy on devices).
I have a Sandevistan instead of a cyberdeck, I can't hack anything, quite obvious :)

The Chrome Compressor 100% replaces Cyberdecks, Sandy, and Berserk, You lose the skills/abilites they provide in exchange for more chrome capacity so you can really push the limits of other implants.

Personally, I like the "idea" of it, but I feel like you trade off way too much benefit so it's not worth it in practice, I'd rather have Quick Hacks or be able to slow time.

Top Bottom