Bugs found when creating a Radio Mod - Need CDPR to fix

+
Hello, I am creating a radio-related mod that allows users to select songs from any station and the mod will randomly shuffle them together instead of being stuck to one station.

While digging through the data, I encountered some issues that CDPR will need to address. These are issues in the basecooked_metadata.audio_metadata.json and possibly other similar locations.

I was trying to identify everything that was "$type": "audioRadioTrack", and include it in my mod, but there were some issues with some.

1. mus_radio_03_elec_ind_neuron - Gameplay-Devices-Radio_tracks-elec_ind_neuron - LocKey 53381 (Guilt Code - neuron) - this is not included on any radio's playlist (doesn't appear in anything marked "$type": "audioRadioStationMetadata", and so it never comes on the radio. I didn't see it on any playlist either. This seems to be orphaned within the code. (This may be intentional in which case ignore this one.)
  2. mus_radio_07_aggro_techno_acid - Gameplay-Devices-Radio_tracks-aggro_techno_acid and mus_radio_07_aggro_techno_jam - Gameplay-Devices-Radio_tracks-aggro_techno_jam both share the same LocKey of 52908 so I'm unsure which of these is actually 52908 (Yards of the Moon - II0I Break) and which should have been a different LocKey. Perhaps one of them should be LocKey 52907 instead (culteX - La canopée) - but I can't tell because 52907 shows as Gameplay-Devices-Radio_tracks-aggro_techno_break (instead of 'acid' or 'jam') and 52908 shows as Gameplay-Devices-Radio_tracks-aggro_techno_la_canopee. So I'm not sure which song is 'acid' and which song is 'jam' and either way one of them has the wrong LocKey and needs to be fixed.
  3. mus_radio_07_aggro_techno_stack_overflow - Gameplay-Devices-Radio_tracks-aggro_techno_stack_overflow - currently mapped to LocKey 53932 (Dukes of Azure - DARK RETRO) but based off the name it seems like it's supposed to have LocKey 53933 (Clockwork OS - stackoverflow) - this causes the incorrect name to display in-game when this song comes on because the LocKey is wrong, as well as my mod can't detect it's playing because it returns the wrong LocKey. Please fix.
  4. mus_radio_14_impulse_djset - Gameplay-Devices-Radio_tracks-impulse_djset - LocKey 93704 - this appears to be the only song/track on 99.9 Impulse. Which makes it impossible to request anything other than this for that station, as well as a song change never triggers in order for my mod to react to the song change and request a random song. This may be intentional but I would kindly ask you to consider making this station work like the others and have multiple tracks, or at least trigger a <VehicleRadioSongChanged> event now and then whenever it loops around or something.

If a mod could make sure the devs see this and/or tell me where/how to forward the information to devs instead of a post here, I'd very much appreciate it.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello, I am creating a radio-related mod that allows users to select songs from any station and the mod will randomly shuffle them together instead of being stuck to one station.

While digging through the data, I encountered some issues that CDPR will need to address. These are issues in the basecooked_metadata.audio_metadata.json and possibly other similar locations.

I was trying to identify everything that was "$type": "audioRadioTrack", and include it in my mod, but there were some issues with some.

1. mus_radio_03_elec_ind_neuron - Gameplay-Devices-Radio_tracks-elec_ind_neuron - LocKey 53381 (Guilt Code - neuron) - this is not included on any radio's playlist (doesn't appear in anything marked "$type": "audioRadioStationMetadata", and so it never comes on the radio. I didn't see it on any playlist either. This seems to be orphaned within the code. (This may be intentional in which case ignore this one.)
  2. mus_radio_07_aggro_techno_acid - Gameplay-Devices-Radio_tracks-aggro_techno_acid and mus_radio_07_aggro_techno_jam - Gameplay-Devices-Radio_tracks-aggro_techno_jam both share the same LocKey of 52908 so I'm unsure which of these is actually 52908 (Yards of the Moon - II0I Break) and which should have been a different LocKey. Perhaps one of them should be LocKey 52907 instead (culteX - La canopée) - but I can't tell because 52907 shows as Gameplay-Devices-Radio_tracks-aggro_techno_break (instead of 'acid' or 'jam') and 52908 shows as Gameplay-Devices-Radio_tracks-aggro_techno_la_canopee. So I'm not sure which song is 'acid' and which song is 'jam' and either way one of them has the wrong LocKey and needs to be fixed.
  3. mus_radio_07_aggro_techno_stack_overflow - Gameplay-Devices-Radio_tracks-aggro_techno_stack_overflow - currently mapped to LocKey 53932 (Dukes of Azure - DARK RETRO) but based off the name it seems like it's supposed to have LocKey 53933 (Clockwork OS - stackoverflow) - this causes the incorrect name to display in-game when this song comes on because the LocKey is wrong, as well as my mod can't detect it's playing because it returns the wrong LocKey. Please fix.
  4. mus_radio_14_impulse_djset - Gameplay-Devices-Radio_tracks-impulse_djset - LocKey 93704 - this appears to be the only song/track on 99.9 Impulse. Which makes it impossible to request anything other than this for that station, as well as a song change never triggers in order for my mod to react to the song change and request a random song. This may be intentional but I would kindly ask you to consider making this station work like the others and have multiple tracks, or at least trigger a <VehicleRadioSongChanged> event now and then whenever it loops around or something.

If a mod could make sure the devs see this and/or tell me where/how to forward the information to devs instead of a post here, I'd very much appreciate it.

Thanks!
You can make a report here, that should reach the devs: Technical Support — CD PROJEKT RED

It was hard to squeeze it all in 1000 character limit but I submitted something under 'localization' and we'll see what happens.

Top Bottom